• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
We could just hire Bob Bradley - man has more PL coaching experience than Postecoglou, and about the same track record at club and international levels. Won the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2007 with the US, a few pots and pans in the US, and probably in Egypt and Norway too.

Think they're about comparable in age, too.

Note - I am joking, and I ***do not want*** Bob Bradley. But that his CV is pretty comparable to the incoming manager of Tottenham Hotspur is sobering thought.
But the personality...

Oh he'll command respect alright. All it takes is for him to bench those who are not following his directions and giving 100% and the rest will fall in line. And he'll do it with charm too, which would be even more unnerving.

I don't think you understand what kind of personality he is. He has an aura about him (not that stupid Poch stuff) that commands respect. Spurs may be by far the biggest job he's ever gotten, but he won't be the least awed about it. As far as he's concerned, he's managing a bunch of lads and trying to make them a cohesive, winning unit, something he's been doing for the past 27 years. I doubt he gives a toss what their names are. He probably just cares whether they buy into his ethos and philosophy and give it all on the pitch.

you know more about him than me, what do you think of my post above.

for me he will at least need definitely a new goalkeeper and almost certainly two new Cbs to make his system work - don’t see Romario fitting in at all… at least at CB he may work as DM in his system.

do you match my concerns about his teams being weak in dealing with counter attacks? How do you think he will deal with that, considering the fact that counterattacks in the Prem would be more dangerous then anything he has faced apart from in the champs league… where his record is quiet poor?

Might not seem it but I’m actually reasonably happy about his (if it happens) appointment as a dual national Australian with a (small amount) of Greek (Cypriot) blood, Turkish Cypriot. I feel a connection already.

you know more about him than me, what do you think of my post above.

for me he will at least need definitely a new goalkeeper and almost certainly two new Cbs to make his system work - don’t see Romario fitting in at all… at least at CB he may work as DM in his system.

do you match my concerns about his teams being weak in dealing with counter attacks? How do you think he will deal with that, considering the fact that counterattacks in the Prem would be more dangerous then anything he has faced apart from in the champs league… where his record is quiet poor?

Might not seem it but I’m actually reasonably happy about his (if it happens) appointment as a dual national Australian with a (small amount) of Greek (Cypriot) blood, Turkish Cypriot. I feel a connection already.
I'm 100% Greek and just gobsmacked that a Greek-born manager is managing Spurs.

I honestly don't know how he will deal with the counterattacks in the PL. There's definitely going to be an adjustment period. That's one thing that I too am curious about. What I do know is that he has a personality unlike any other manager I have ever seen and I think that will make a huge difference.

I think fudge it, back the manager, we have nothing to lose but yet another rebuild and wrecked season ... Levy has put himself out there and I respect that ... however if this turns out sour early doors ... I think the pressure and media will be onto Levy.

Some stupid fans on the radio already sharpening their knives ... I hope posti is a success ... afterall that's what we all ultimately want.

In his own words (from a Guardian article about his hiring at Celtic):

“A lot of people made fun of my appointment,” he said, the emotion in his voice clear. “But the supporters just put their collective arms around me and said: ‘No, he’s one of ours.’ It would have been easy for them to have been sceptical and it would have made my job a lot tougher, especially through that early period.

“They deserve to feel good about the fact that while a lot of people ridiculed, they stood by the person that represented their football club.”

Fcukin' A, pal. Don't wait to get hit on. Initiate the contact.

How does Postecoglu do against teams when his team is not the favourite? I think that’s going to be interesting to see how ge approaches those matches tactically, how he sets his team, and what his results are like.

Probably best considering his two results with Celtic v Real Madrid - 0-3 and 1-5: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63492340.amp

Postecoglou has been clear he won't change his attacking approach, but is a bit more pragmatism needed within it?

That does not mean suddenly becoming a defensive team, it just might mean tweaking things. It also means strengthening the side, particularly in central defence and midfield.

Injuries in this campaign, particularly to captain and midfield general Callum McGregor, did not help but generally Celtic were too open in the middle of the pitch.

That’s going to be his biggest challenge.

Also worth watching the 2014 World Cup, where Australia took it to Chile and Netherlands in the first two group games. We lost to Netherlands 3-2 but that was one of the best Australia games I’ve seen.

one other note is that his J league team was part of the city group, so I would say that Munn has had a huge say in this appointment (potential appointment) so for those of you that wanted Levy to take more of a back seat with the footballing side of things it seems like you got your wish.

I hope it works out. My personal opinion is that Levy without the influence of Munn would have gone for Nagglesman or Poch both managers we know he tried for before.

I agree and have said such a few times on here. I think Munn was lined up for a while, and Ange was high on his list (Munn tried to appoint Ange when he was at Melbourne Heart.) As they did their due diligence over the last few months, Ange has emerged as the standout candidate.

Some have laughed that off but the fact I called Ange as our next manager in 2021 shows how highly rated he is in Australia. It can’t be a coincidence that we passed up Poch and Nagelsmann and then signed Ange up just a couple of days after his season finished. The only other strong rumour was Slot and he himself said the clubs never spoke.

That first link has an interview with an Aussie sports bloke, Craig Foster, where Foster is all praises for Postecoglou getting a top job at a top club - moment of pride for Aussies everywhere, apparently.

@tommysvr and @alekaras might know about this, having followed his career so closely, but it made me chuckle seeing that.

Because Craig Foster was also the guy who had *this* exchange with Postecoglou back in 2005, that I saw on r/coys the other day...

...where Foster just savages him for 5 minutes about being a terrible coach who failed with the Australian U-20s and drew with Laos, lost to China, etc. Postecoglou keeps his cool, but you can tell he's hurt by it.

Just funny how 18 years later Postecoglou's gone from Australian U-20s to Tottenham Hotspur, while this Craig Foster bloke is still a talking head on Aussie television, now forced to sing his praises. And I say this as someone who thinks Postecoglou is a gamble at best. :p

That first link has an interview with an Aussie sports bloke, Craig Foster, where Foster is all praises for Postecoglou getting a top job at a top club - moment of pride for Aussies everywhere, apparently.

@tommysvr and @alekaras might know about this, having followed his career so closely, but it made me chuckle seeing that.

Because Craig Foster was also the guy who had *this* exchange with Postecoglou back in 2005, that I saw on r/coys the other day...

...where Foster just savages him for 5 minutes about being a terrible coach who failed with the Australian U-20s and drew with Laos, lost to China, etc. Postecoglou keeps his cool, but you can tell he's hurt by it.

Just funny how 18 years later Postecoglou's gone from Australian U-20s to Tottenham Hotspur, while this Craig Foster bloke is still a talking head on Aussie television, now forced to sing his praises. And I say this as someone who thinks Postecoglou is a gamble at best. :p
Yes they were really good mates. after the interview Ange refused to talk to him as he believed he tried to stitch him up. Only recently they have began talking again.
That video has been edited because during the interview Ange said I thought we were mates is that how you treat your mates. Or words to that effect

Last edited:

I haven’t watched in full, but there’s also this one, which I believe went a long way to repairing their relationship.

Craig Foster comes off pretty poorly in the original argument, but he is a truly amazing person these days, doing a lot of work for refugees and others in need.

I haven’t watched in full, but there’s also this one, which I believe went a long way to repairing their relationship.

Craig Foster comes off pretty poorly in the original argument, but he is a truly amazing person these days, doing a lot of work for refugees and others in need.

Yes I read they got together over migration. Yes fozz has done a lot for various causes. His opinions on football is a whole different question. Watching him & Bosnich talk football especially champions league football is mind numbing. Maybe it's just me

Yes I read they got together over migration. Yes fozz has done a lot for various causes. His opinions on football is a whole different question. Watching him & Bosnich talk football especially champions league football is mind numbing. Maybe it's just me

I think you're right, fortunately in Japan I don't have to see much of their coverage! :D

Decent appointment. Hope Levy and his DOF back this guy with what he needs. So if we sell Kane we don't do it at the last minute and then bring in Frazier Campbell.

Sounds like a promising appointment, obviously not experienced at this level and hasn't dealt with big name players before but seems to play good football and gets on well with people.

Looking forward to seeing some attacking football if nothing else, we've been bored to death by a low block for too long now.

Don't think we actually have too many of them. Aside from Kane who doesn't come across as hard to manage, our players don't have the highest profiles. Issue seems more to be around that they are happy with mediocrity.

To bad Celtic dont have a singel player that would help us.. I think they would have followed Ange to Spurs if so

Expecting to see a couple Japanese players signed. Ones that were out of reach of Celtic. Japan produces some amazing technical hard working footballers and are one of my favourite international teams to watch.

Edit: Reckon Hatate might be one we look to take from them actually.

Last edited:
I think you're right, fortunately in Japan I don't have to see much of their coverage! :D
Did you follow Ange when he won the league in Japan? I read that he took his team to their first title in 15 years but saw they dropped off quite a bit in the following season, so wondered what the story was behind that?

Back