• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Nope, the thing that made it obvious was his interview after the cup win. There and then he had the opportunity after everything to send a signal to Celtic fans that he was staying, or at least something to calm down the speculation but he didn't. And confirmation Romano saying terms have been agreed and details length of deal - he never did this with Slot did he....
So basically you're picking and choosing which reports and rumours you want to be true.

There's no shame in that (ok maybe a little bit [emoji28]) but just say it as it is. You're either someone who does not believe ANY rumours until they are substantiated (myself) or you're someone who believes in the merits of some rumours.

What you can't do is pick and choose the information you believe based upon it having a favourable outcome.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I have not seen any Celtic games so i thought i would watch the highlights of that Scottish cup win. Have to say, the opposition were fudging dreadful defensively so couldn’t really make a judgement on their style of play.

How does the world conspire that we can have two managers who look like badgers? Gerry, now this dude

Gerry, in his pomp, look like Lord of the Badgers. Ange has gotta work on his mullet.

BcltiJO.jpg

Tits are useful. Glendenning is an arse that spouts nothing but diarrhea flecked with sweet corn husks and tomato skins. He is the drunk idiot in the corner of the pub who says annoying things to wind you up and he HATES Spurs. Never misses out on a chance to have a dig.

Always pronounces it as "Spores". Apparently we did something to piszs off BG's bum-buddy, Niall Quinn, in long-gone days and both of them can't let go.

We are genuinely hated by the media, i was searching about the new manager on youtube and all you have are video's with former players, pundits, etc popping up with titles such as "Spurs do not deserve Ange", "Spurs is a step down", "Entitled Spurs fans too good for Ange" bla bla bla.

Sounds like a promising appointment, obviously not experienced at this level and hasn't dealt with big name players before but seems to play good football and gets on well with people.

Looking forward to seeing some attacking football if nothing else, we've been bored to death by a low block for too long now.

How does Postecoglu do against teams when his team is not the favourite? I think that’s going to be interesting to see how ge approaches those matches tactically, how he sets his team, and what his results are like. We will be up against it against the other six in the ‘top seven’. I added Saudi Sportswashing Machine to the top six to become top seven for obvious reasons.

I don’t know much about Ange. But I took a bit of a deep dive today.

his teams play really good football, high intelligent press with bravery and aggression. Fast passing and quick transitions with emphasis on wide play.

but we are a going to get counterattacked a lot, and I mean a lot.

how he deals with that is going to determine whether he is a success here or not.

one other note is that his J league team was part of the city group, so I would say that Munn has had a huge say in this appointment (potential appointment) so for those of you that wanted Levy to take more of a back seat with the footballing side of things it seems like you got your wish.

I hope it works out. My personal opinion is that Levy without the influence of Munn would have gone for Nagglesman or Poch both managers we know he tried for before.

I personally would have rolled the dice with Poch again, Nagglesman not so much as I think his ego would have risked blowing it all up… again, but I can definitely see the attraction.

anyway if it is Ange, I think it will be exciting and I hope he can adjust to limit the damage done by the counter attacks we will face in his system.

Will support the guy 100% and I’m intrigued as to what he can do and how it’ll play out. Im looking forward to something better than the eyesore football we’ve endured over the last few years. But, honestly, I think he’ll be gone before the season is over.

He won’t be given what he needs in terms of personnel, his track record isn’t at a level that will command respect amongst a group like ours and he’ll prove tactically naive when we play the top sides.

If I’m right, I don’t know how many more goes Levy gets at this. He’s the problem, not the managers.

Maybe it’s been explained elsewhere but it’s bizarre to me we’re appointing the first team coach before a DoF.
Oh he'll command respect alright. All it takes is for him to bench those who are not following his directions and giving 100% and the rest will fall in line. And he'll do it with charm too, which would be even more unnerving.

I don't think you understand what kind of personality he is. He has an aura about him (not that stupid Poch stuff) that commands respect. Spurs may be by far the biggest job he's ever gotten, but he won't be the least awed about it. As far as he's concerned, he's managing a bunch of lads and trying to make them a cohesive, winning unit, something he's been doing for the past 27 years. I doubt he gives a toss what their names are. He probably just cares whether they buy into his ethos and philosophy and give it all on the pitch.

I've always been a short term pessimist, long time optimist when it comes to spurs, think this turns that on its head.
Short term post will bring us together, but longer term i just can't see it working out.
If he gets to next Christmas i think it will be some kind of miracle, and that will be on the board not the manager.
I think it will be the opposite. He's not toxic like Jose or Conte, which will be hidden as long as the results are good, but come to the forefront eventually. He has a very positive attitude, which bodes well long term, even if the results aren't good initially. And he also strikes me like the kind of bloke who, when he doesn't feel he can continue to make a difference, will get up and walk away, unlike some other managers we know.

Back