• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Very nice switch there cherry picking selective information.

The question was who are these plenty of managers we can get who are potential miracle men? You said there are plenty but gave no names.

Who are they?
There's no such thing as a miracle man. You're the one trying to narrow it down to the impossible and provide ridiculous names.

There's excellent managers out there. Potter did more to turn around Brighton than De Zebri. If you want to bury your head in the sand and not recognise that that's up to you. He took over a defensive Brighton that the fans hated, turned them into a great footballing side with the fans loving the team, all with a much smaller budget than we have.

Gallardo is another. Nagelsmann is still a possibility even if unlikely. More besides that.

I've been reading more about Enrique and I'm now sold lol.. If he could just hurry up and turn us down already I could move on to researching the next candidate!

He turned us down weeks ago! He said that he wanted to move to the PL but to a team which was more ready to challenge for titles

Olympiacos? His stints at Hull and Watford weren't exactly covered in glory or last long (although it could be argued that a year at Watford is like 5 at any other club).

I think I was thinking of the good bit at Watford, before Everton tapped him up.

We will struggle to hire any manager who doesn’t have at least 1 blemish on his record, unless it’s someone relatively inexperienced. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Admittedly Silva has had a fairly chequered career up to now but he’s doing a great job at Fulham. Not saying I want him at all, but I’m prepared for low expectations as a starting point.
Silva even got William running again. Literally! That itself is a miracle piece of work!

Appointing a manager who in the last 6 years has quickly bounced between Hull, Watford, Everton and Fulham really would confirm we've fallen a long way!

The current state we are in severely limits the pool of managers we can get. Furthermore we have to try and unearth potential Slot, RDZ types due to the way the current owners run the club.

With this is mind we have to think out of the box and try to identify untapped talent. Ange and Silva have shown they may fall into this bracket.

Also tbf we can put Potter in that bracket too.

The current state we are in severely limits the pool of managers we can get. Furthermore we have to try and unearth potential Slot, RDZ types due to the way the current owners run the club.

With this is mind we have to think out of the box and try to identify untapped talent. Ange and Silva have shown they may fall into this bracket.

I don't disagree with any of that, aside from the suggestion that Silva might be the answer. At least you could argue that Ange is on an upward trajectory: Australia >> Japan >> Celtic >> PL, whereas Silva seems to bounce around mediocre (at best) teams

I don't disagree with any of that, aside from the suggestion that Silva might be the answer. At least you could argue that Ange is on an upward trajectory: Australia >> Japan >> Celtic >> PL, whereas Silva seems to bounce around mediocre (at best) teams

Well his job at Fulham on the back of some other prior good stints (yes there were some bad ones too) may suggest he has something about him and is developing as a manager.

Also he is apparently highly rated in the game amongst his peers and football executives.

Similar to when we employed someone who got the sack from Espanyol with his team in last place, then bounced over to Southampton?
Scary right
People talk Poch was a success at espanyol and when challenged never comment ..
he had some decent results there but you would never touch him off the back of that spell

Scary right
People talk Poch was a success at espanyol and when challenged never comment ..
he had some decent results there but you would never touch him off the back of that spell

Shows being the right man in the right place is an important (but unpredicable) factor. Sometimes, it's a matter of finding the right words when you speak to the players. I made a quick research a couple of weeks back and when you look at club of a similar standing to ours, one successful appointment in three or four is par for the course.

Completely. I'd much more of this view than @Baleforce view that brick football and top 4 is preferable.

So many fans have disconnected from teh club over the last 4 years and Spurs need to rebuild that. The consequences for the club are awful if they dont as fans will seep away.

Therefore an attacking manager is priority and if that means 6th/8th then so be it
The fans have disconnected from the club because we're both playing awful football and not winning. Had we been winning, believe me very few would be complaining. Had we been playing nice football and not winning, there would be the same grumblings there are now.

Back