• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Ange and Marco Silva miracle men? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Of the managers we can get I only see them as the potential miracle men.

Admittedly low chance of that but what Ange has done with turning around Celtic has some of the hallmarks whilst Marco Silva has shown similar signs in some of his roles especially at Fulham.

Of the managers we can get I only see them as the potential miracle men.

Admittedly low chance of that but what Ange has done with turning around Celtic has some of the hallmarks whilst Marco Silva has shown similar signs in some of his roles especially at Fulham.
There's plenty of managers that we can get and neither of them are miracle men. There's a reason Silva has only ever managed in the championship and lower premier league and it's not because he's a "potential miracle man".

We are the only club he will go to surely? Who else is there? Unless he is waiting? Non of the big guns are getting shot of their managers any time soon.

If he makes it here, I will have to reassess my opinion on him but if I were a betting man, I'd say he's got about zero chance to make it. The Spanish football culture is so different from what you have in England... I can't see him being happy with the youth set-up, let alone the first touch of 95% of our defenders.

From all the names mentioned in the last two months, he's probably one of the very few I would never have contacted, if it were down to me. It's either a football suicide or a genius appointment (if it happens, of course).

There's plenty of managers that we can get and neither of them are miracle men. There's a reason Silva has only ever managed in the championship and lower premier league and it's not because he's a "potential miracle man".

In defining miracle men I am referring to people like Slot and RDZ.

I see Ange and Marco Silva as low chance fellow potential miracle men.

Marco Silva was unfairly sacked at Everton after finishing 8th and has done a spectacular job at Fulham.

Who are these managers we can get that show signs of being a Slot or RDZ because it is managers of that ilk that we need if we want to be competitive under an ownership that have a near zero tolerance approach to providing funding to help the team. A team that is failing badly and need multiple additions whilst we have limited funds available. And within an ownership who have shown shear incompetence repeatedly over the years with regards employing highly competent and effective football related executives in senior positions to support player recruitment.

ok, Someone tell me the positives of Enrique, There must be something he's good at!

He's not afraid to give youngsters a chance, if they're good enough. Unfortunately, ours never will because, in Spain, being good enough means having a superb technique/first touch.

He's quite flexible in his approach. Unfortunately, he needs quality players because all of his approaches rely on quick passing and lots of running from players not in possession.

He seems fairly good at studying the opposition and he knows what a world-class set-up should look like. And his players seem to like him. Those good enough to play for him, anyway.

Silva is a very interesting candidate because he's cut in the same mould as Poch and De Zerbi - a guy who gets a culture going in a club. When it doesn't work (Watford) it really goes wrong spectacularly, but when it does work, its really good.

He's more interesting to me than Enrique who for me is like Zidane and Laurent Blanc - only managed a Super club and / or a national side. I'd rather have Lopetegui than Enrique, to be honest.

He's not afraid to give youngsters a chance, if they're good enough. Unfortunately, ours never will because, in Spain, being good enough means having a superb technique/first touch.

He's quite flexible in his approach. Unfortunately, he needs quality players because all of his approaches rely on quick passing and lots of running from players not in possession.

He seems fairly good at studying the opposition and he knows what a world-class set-up should look like. And his players seem to like him. Those good enough to play for him, anyway.

Do you think you need top players to play quick, short passing? I mean the Brighton squad is not would I would regard as technically amazing yet De Zerbi has them playing pass and move

In defining miracle men I am referring to people like Slot and RDZ.

I see Ange and Marco Silva as low chance fellow potential miracle men.

Marco Silva was unfairly sacked at Everton after finishing 8th and has done a spectacular job at Fulham.

Who are these managers we can get that show signs of being a Slot or RDZ because it is managers of that ilk that we need if we want to be competitive under an ownership that have a near zero tolerance approach to providing funding to help the team. A team that is failing badly and need multiple additions whilst we have limited funds available. And within an ownership who have shown shear incompetence repeatedly over the years with regards employing highly competent and effective football related executives in senior positions to support player recruitment.
Very low chance.

Silva was rightly sacked by Everton, they were 18th after almost half the season, were playing terrible and looked to be heading for relegation.

There's been plenty of funding for the team, we were the 4th or 5th highest spenders in the last year or is that not funding?

Paratici was the last football executive, he did a bad job? They've also hired others that have done excellent jobs at recruitment or maybe I imagined the recruitment team signing the likes of Bale, Modric etc.

Do you think you need top players to play quick, short passing? I mean the Brighton squad is not would I would regard as technically amazing yet De Zerbi has them playing pass and move

I'm by no means an expert but pressing is quite different in Spain and losing the ball needlessly or having a poor first touch is often frown upon there. Pelligrini had a tough time at ManCity for instance, partly because of that. On the other hand, Guardiola has managed to adapt to different cultures. Enrique looks like a pure product of Spain's talent development although I think he did manage in Italy (Roma?).

Playing a style similar to Del Bosque's or Aragones' requires, in my opinion, a lot more passing ability, concentration and positional sense than Dier, Sanchez and Romero may have, even put together. I don't really where people like Bissouma or Skipp fit in a team that's entirely focused on ball retention but I'm always glad to be proved wrong when I doubt a Spurs manager! It just seems like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole when you had Rangnick and Nagelsmann available.

Very low chance.

Silva was rightly sacked by Everton, they were 18th after almost half the season, were playing terrible and looked to be heading for relegation.

There's been plenty of funding for the team, we were the 4th or 5th highest spenders in the last year or is that not funding?

Paratici was the last football executive, he did a bad job? They've also hired others that have done excellent jobs at recruitment or maybe I imagined the recruitment team signing the likes of Bale, Modric etc.

Very nice switch there cherry picking selective information.

The question was who are these plenty of managers we can get who are potential miracle men? You said there are plenty but gave no names.

Who are they?

Very low chance.

We will struggle to hire any manager who doesn’t have at least 1 blemish on his record, unless it’s someone relatively inexperienced. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Admittedly Silva has had a fairly chequered career up to now but he’s doing a great job at Fulham. Not saying I want him at all, but I’m prepared for low expectations as a starting point.

We will struggle to hire any manager who doesn’t have at least 1 blemish on his record, unless it’s someone relatively inexperienced. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Admittedly Silva has had a fairly chequered career up to now but he’s doing a great job at Fulham. Not saying I want him at all, but I’m prepared for low expectations as a starting point.

did a good job somewhere before Everton too I think

Back