• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
It's nothing to do with being a misogynist. I wouldn't want a bloke that has only managed in women's football either. They need to prove themselves at a higher level first.

I don't think you would but there would be many fans that would not be able to help themselves on both sides of the fence. We live in an era where we have fans telling players who once scored 15 goals in a season and played 150 games to "get the fcuk out the club"....I would not trust football fans with something more delicate by nature, maybe overly cynical, but thats how I see it TBH. Also, and this is as much our club, in our position and with the views of the club off the field, I don't think its a great environment for such a ground breaking move, people would use whoever it as proxy for getting at the board, something thats likely to happen to the new manager and players anyway.

It's not just us that she is coming into the conversation with - she was talked about quite seriously as Chelsea caretaker, both before and during Lampard's spell

I don't think you would but there would be many fans that would not be able to help themselves on both sides of the fence. We live in an era where we have fans telling players who once scored 15 goals in a season and played 150 games to "get the fcuk out the club"....I would not trust football fans with something more delicate by nature, maybe overly cynical, but thats how I see it TBH. Also, and this is as much our club, in our position and with the views of the club off the field, I don't think its a great environment for such a ground breaking move, people would use whoever it as proxy for getting at the board, something thats likely to happen to the new manager and players anyway.
Definitely not, can hear the chants already if she was appointed and went through a bad patch. There's a lack of representation of black managers when it's compared to the number of black players. That hurdle would need to be jumped first before I could really see any top club considering a woman for a manager's role and they would need to prove themselves in lower men's leagues first.

Not true, your tactics and approach and a million other things will be dictated by the tools at your disposal

Right at the end of the process yes, but most of management is human interaction, it’s about communication and motivation, it’s about people, that’s where the real work is done.

Right at the end of the process yes, but most of management is human interaction, it’s about communication and motivation, it’s about people, that’s where the real work is done.

Ok, football management is quite a lot more than just communication & motivation - it's about coaching and tactics, otherwise you'd see a lot more non football people getting jobs and doing well off the back of being good with interpersonal skills.

Ok, football management is quite a lot more than just communication & motivation - it's about coaching and tactics, otherwise you'd see a lot more non football people getting jobs and doing well off the back of being good with interpersonal skills.

Of course there is loads more to it, but they are the foundations.

Specifically to Hayes, she’s dominated the league for a decade. She clearly has some talent for building and coaching a team.

My nephews football team coach is really good for the under 12s ... plays good football and wins games.

With the right tools at his disposal ...

That would get you quite a decent job in football haha, someone somewhere has romanticised about coaching youth players despite that level being league 1 and 2 as the EFL trophy proves.

Back