• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
She might be a great manager - I don't know anything about her - but as others have said, I don't think this is the right time for Spurs to appoint a manager who will be scrutinized, analysed and critisized not just because of the work she does, but because she's a woman. It shouldn’t be like that, but unfortunately society hasn't evolved enough for a PL manager's gender to be a non issue.

I believe the club needs a stability with the new manager; someone solid, but unspectacular, a person who won’t draw unwanted attention to the club. The club and new manager need calm and time to work with the squad.

As cynical as it sounds, I don't want Spurs to break that particular glass ceiling with this managerial appointment. Which is a personal paradox, because I applaud and support the idea that merit and competence - not gender - is what makes someone qualified for any job.

Mate, the WSL is U18s men's game quality at best
Recently a WSL team lost 5-0 to some U15s lads iirc

which WSL teams and which U15’s

context matters for such an example

also, we should definitely be looking at a coach who can smash a team of professionals with a group of kids

100% agree but neither is people sexuality and the fact people can't be themselves probably shows where the game is. We have some pretty embarrassing take today likening the job people have done in less fashionable leagues to running a corner shop, add to that they level of frothing at the mouth on who people want as manager I just don't think she would stand a chance and unfortunately her sex would be used as a tool, I hope I am wrong about that

There would be the usual fans overeacting but I think the manager and club would get immense respect and any backlash or players making a fuss would get stamped out pretty quickly. Same as whenever a gay player eventually comes out.

It does smack of that a bit given how crazily risky a decision it would be. I don’t think there the remotest chance that Levy would entertain it either given the importance of this next manager hire[/QUOTE]

And nor should he imo.

There would be the usual fans overeacting but I think the manager and club would get immense respect and any backlash or players making a fuss would get stamped out pretty quickly. Same as whenever a gay player eventually comes out.
I doubt it
She wouldn’t be given the time to show what she may be able to do
I’m not sure how many managers really would with our fanbase

She might be a great manager - I don't know anything about her - but as others have said, I don't think this is the right time for Spurs to appoint a manager who will be scrutinized, analysed and critisized not just because of the work she does, but because she's a woman. It shouldn’t be like that, but unfortunately society hasn't evolved enough for a PL manager's gender to be a non issue.

I believe the club needs a stability with the new manager; someone solid, but unspectacular, a person who won’t draw unwanted attention to the club. The club and new manager need calm and time to work with the squad.

As cynical as it sounds, I don't want Spurs to break that particular glass ceiling with this managerial appointment. Which is a personal paradox, because I applaud and support the idea that merit and competence - not gender - is what makes someone qualified for any job.
She has got merit - thats why she's in the conversation, but no one else from the womens game (including the men) is.

Her qualification is equally as valid as those from minor europe leagues we are being linked to

which WSL teams and which U15’s

context matters for such an example

also, we should definitely be looking at a coach who can smash a team of professionals with a group of kids
The Scum’s WSL team got beat 5-0 by their U15s side.

The WSL is getting better but the level is not much better than lower non league. The league will improve as it matures no doubt. As the female game grows but the level is not great. Not to say that there’s not some exceptional players but as you look at it as a whole it’s not comparable to any level of men’s professional football or even most semi pro levels.

She has got merit - thats why she's in the conversation, but no one else from the womens game (including the men) is.

Her qualification is equally as valid as those from minor europe leagues we are being linked to

I don't disagree, but I don't think society - and fans - are mature enough to embrace a female manager today, regardless of qualification. There will be too much noise that I believe Spurs doesn't need more of now.

I doubt it
She wouldn’t be given the time to show what she may be able to do
I’m not sure how many managers really would with our fanbase

I mean generally within the game but yeah our fans would definitely feel underwhelmed but I think given the delay and general mood they'll feel that way whoever it is unless it's Nagelsmann or Poch.

The Scum’s WSL team got beat 5-0 by their U15s side.

The WSL is getting better but the level is not much better than lower non league. The league will improve as it matures no doubt. As the female game grows but the level is not great. Not to say that there’s not some exceptional players but as you look at it as a whole it’s not comparable to any level of men’s professional football or even most semi pro levels.

that’s mad

they must be really brick, or those kids are freaks

I mean generally within the game but yeah our fans would definitely feel underwhelmed but I think given the delay and general mood they'll feel that way whoever it is unless it's Nagelsmann or Poch.
And that's what I'm basing my view on. Unfortunately, in the wider game, I think an appointment of that nature would make her fodder in some elements of the football world and based on the response to other names linked to the job within the Spurs base some of our fans would pile in early. I just couldn't see it panning out. In fairness thats not unique to Spurs BTW

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last edited:
I don't disagree, but I don't think society - and fans - are mature enough to embrace a female manager today, regardless of qualification. There will be too much noise that I believe Spurs doesn't need more of now.

It just seems weird. Like something people might have talked about in the build up to the 1979 election - can a woman possibly do leadership?!

It just seems weird. Like something people might have talked about in the build up to the 1979 election - can a woman possibly do leadership?!
It would be the same as Thatcher being on a local council and then being made Prime Minister instead of working her way up.

Reactions: DTA
The kids are all athletes and ran rings around them
I remember Ian wright talking about it on a pod. It was their first warm up game for pre season IIRC and they wanted to test the fitness

right it was a friendly during the ladies international window where most of the first team squad were away

but still, yes the U15’s are athletes, but they are school kids, not professional adults, like the ladies first team presumably is

think it says more about the specific people involved (on both sides) than anything else

not that that has massive relevance imo, appointing a manager from the women’s game doesn’t mean we’d pick players from the women’s game too

The exact same segment of fans who tend to be racists asshats are misogynists as well.

The first woman to get even a championship level team will take whole heaps of brick from fudging mongrels .. and even the media will dog whistle about it no end ..

What we should be and what we are .. two different things ...

The exact same segment of fans who tend to be racists asshats are misogynists as well.

The first woman to get even a championship level team will take whole heaps of brick from fudging mongrels .. and even the media will dog whistle about it no end ..

What we should be and what we are .. two different things ...
It's nothing to do with being a misogynist. I wouldn't want a bloke that has only managed in women's football either. They need to prove themselves at a higher level first.

It's nothing to do with being a misogynist. I wouldn't want a bloke that has only managed in women's football either. They need to prove themselves at a higher level first.

we are supposedly already looking as low as Scotland

I enjoyed the women’s euro’s last summer far more than Scottish football I’ve seen in the last 10 years

I appreciate the higher level point, I just think the women’s game isn’t as far behind as others

the infrastructure is of a level, the day to day of the job is the same, yes there are better tools, but they still work in the same way

we are supposedly already looking as low as Scotland

I enjoyed the women’s euro’s last summer far more than Scottish football I’ve seen in the last 10 years

I appreciate the higher level point, I just think the women’s game isn’t as far behind as others

the infrastructure is of a level, the day to day of the job is the same, yes there are better tools, but they still work in the same way
The women's game is miles behind, sorry but the standard is woeful.

Reactions: DTA
Back