• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Got to love this club ... we all support spurs for entertainment ... this is the entertainment.... ive learned and grown as an individual to understand, self reflection, comedy, sadistic humour to levels that would not have been possible with any other club... I say a big thank you to spurs and Danny

What does feel like the Nuno situation is that, whoever it is, he will have to deal with the disappointment of having so many names linked and written off. Regardless of whether that's a good idea, you know fans will get invested in this or that candidate when they read or hear stories: some will want Nagelsmann, others will be keen on Slot, do some research on the internet, and so on.

Even if the new guy hits the ground running, it might not be enough. Nuno had a decent reputation and he beat ManCity in his first game but that wasn't enough. Someone at the club obviously like to take their sweet time before making an appointment and while that might be a good idea in a different environment, I don't think they're doing the club any service in this case.

It's almost impossible to predict whether manager X or Y will be a success. Only thing you know for sure is that appointing Frank Lampard is the football equivalent of putting a bullet through your own head. It's like kicking a penalty: pick a side and stick to it. No point in beating around the bush for three months.

I don't think the two situations are the same as we are now in the process of a restructure, the season is not over yet and then there is a period of leave to consider, its not like Nuno although I understand that people have wounds from his appointment and its their go to place. In addition I don't think managers really care about the who came before or rumours because unlike fans who are in the dark they will know more about the industry they are involved in than we do and be ok with it, its the nature of the game, they will have their reps trying to get them foots in doors where there is an interesting job regardless of who is linked to said job. I don't think it works against them per say, it might do with the fans because they believe it all and then any manager who joins now looks a plan C or D and that crosshair is on their back, but I would say thats for the fans to adjust their mindset than anyone else.

Call me crazy but I will judge the manager process by who we appoint and how they perform...

I said 'IF' and was relating it to any manager. Whether its Slot, frank, de zerbi, Amorim or whoever, a fee will be needed. Can debate what number that is but PL clubs have enough cash to hold out for something meaningful and Portuguese clubs get big fees for players so I'm sure would do the same for a manager

So there's two options:
- accept the need to pay a fee and then potentially get someone in a job
- avoid the fee but narrow the field considerably to only those out of work

thumb_94897_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Meh. I'm sure there was interest. It broke down. brick happens. I'll judge the managerial process when it ends and I see the result. It tinkles me off that people are reporting today that we're on Day 60 or whatever of the search and still haven't got a candidate. Completely ignores the fact that we never expected to have someone in place by end of season and there is still three months to go to the new season starting.

Which completely ignores the fact that it was clear from January that Conte was off at the end of the year. Doesn't seem to have been much planning for that.

If this is the pool we are now left with then the club just needs to appoint Poch or Nagelsmann.

Well seems like Poch has gone elsewhere. Who knows re JN but whatever the reason behind it, that ship seems to have sailed

Potter doesnt excite me but I think he'd help bring some stability

Well seems like Poch has gone elsewhere. Who knows re JN but whatever the reason behind it, that ship seems to have sailed

Potter doesnt excite me but I think he'd help bring some stability

Yeah agree that pool of managers could stabilise us but that would mean 7th at best for the long term imo.

Nagelsmann is the only one left who could transform us imo, we would just have to alter how we were planning our restructure to suit him.

The other alternative is to appoint someone like Poste on say a 2 year deal and see how it does.

If he doesn’t do a transformational job and only an average one then we move him on in Summer 2024 and get Slot for £5m or De Zerbi for £12m.

12 days from eclipsing the 72 days it took to appoint Nuno in 2021.

But I was told that we have plenty of time, and that this wouldn't be like our search in 2021. :rolleyes:

In fairness we do have time, the issue with Nuno was the lack of pre season time forced that decision, if my memory serves me that was end of June, its May 25th now, the difference being we are not eating away at the pre season.

I don't care if it takes another 12 days as long as we get someone that can improve Spurs.....and if its not Brenda or Nuno hahaha

Woke up to a nightmare this morning to see that Slot isn’t going to be the one, and that instead Brendan Rogers is now the bookies favourite.

I don’t know what went wrong with the move for Slot. But I blame Levy and have had more than enough of his brick. He needs to go now.

EDIT: If we pulled out of the move because of £5m then I think that Levy is a fudging clueless brick that will happily waste money on brick footballers that the manager doesn’t want but yet won’t pay when it matters. He’s holding our club back and as above he can fudge off as soon as possible please.

My speculation is our shortlist was always Slot, Ange and Amorim with Enrique also of interest. Nagelsmann becoming available threw a bit of a curve ball but the original list remains. Excluding Enrique, they’re all in a job, hence we’re only just seeing movement now.

Delaney is stealing my brick:

While the feeling in the game had been that the Slot negotiations were close to the finish line, some figures with knowledge of the situation insist Spurs were still conducting discussions about a top list of targets. One of those is Postecoglou, who is being strongly considered, along with Sporting's Ruben Amorim.

Daniel Levy would greatly value Luis Enrique but that is seen as more difficult to pull off given the Spanish coach's list of demands when Chelsea interviewed him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...er-latest-news-ange-postecoglou-b2345611.html

Yeah agree that pool of managers could stabilise us but that would mean 7th at best for the long term imo.

Nagelsmann is the only one left who could transform us imo, we would just have to alter how we were planning our restructure to suit him.

The other alternative is to appoint someone like Poste on say a 2 year deal and see how it does.

If he doesn’t do a transformational job and only an average one then we move him on in Summer 2024 and get Slot for £5m or De Zerbi for £12m.

The last 3 permanent managers have been gambles though - two because they were 'win now' managers yet we didnt have a squad which was ready for that, and the other because he was about 14th choice and defensive.

If we aren't prepared to pay to get a Slot, de Zerbi or someone who excites, I'd have thought we'd be better playing safe rather than taking another gamble which would point me to Potter...but I dont know a thing about Ange, just feels unusual given his background

In fairness we do have time, the issue with Nuno was the lack of pre season time forced that decision, if my memory serves me that was end of June, its May 25th now, the difference being we are not eating away at the pre season.

I don't care if it takes another 12 days as long as we get someone that can improve Spurs.....and if its not Brenda or Nuno hahaha

Oh, don't worry mate. It will 100% take longer than 12 days, and we will probably end up with Rodgers or that rando Aussie bloke from Celtic whose claim to fame is taking Australia to the World Cup (just getting them there), and...walking the Scottish league. Hooray. ;)

Woke up to a nightmare this morning to see that Slot isn’t going to be the one, and that instead Brendan Rogers is now the bookies favourite.

I don’t know what went wrong with the move for Slot. But I blame Levy and have had more than enough of his brick. He needs to go now.

EDIT: If we pulled out of the move because of £5m then I think that Levy is a fudging clueless brick that will happily waste money on brick footballers that the manager doesn’t want but yet won’t pay when it matters. He’s holding our club back and as above he can fudge off as soon as possible please.

The issue is Slot and his staff would have cost us around £17m.

Back