• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
possible for Levy who probably values a high profile manager to improve the optics and brand value of the club. even if the club is not for sale, it helps with sponsor negotiations too.
from what i read on the internet, nagelsmann's compensation includes signficant bonuses for winning things and that he could earn more just trying to qualify for top four at Spurs.
Do you see Nagelsmann leaving Bayern to join Spurs?

possible for Levy who probably values a high profile manager to improve the optics and brand value of the club. even if the club is not for sale, it helps with sponsor negotiations too.
from what i read on the internet, nagelsmann's compensation includes signficant bonuses for winning things and that he could earn more just trying to qualify for top four at Spurs.

After contes rant i can't see it. He has a cushty number at byern. Get a few trophies under his belt first before thinking of going anywhere else. Especially spurs.

Naglesmann is who I, and others, wanted when Pochettino was dismissed. But instead Levy went chasing after his long time ‘crush’*. Following Mourinho’s spell with Manchester United it was apparent where that experiment was likely to end up. And so it proved as Mourinho bored us with negative football following on from the 3-3 West Ham collapse. In many ways the 3-3 signalled the start of the end for Mourinho. Yes, we did go to the top but like the often used analogy of an elephant up a tree, we were never going to remain there and fell until Mourinho was dismissed. Now it’s very likely too late for Naglesmann and we are arguably worse than when Pochettino left and with many of the same players still about.

* term used to denote a manager that had been linked to the club before and who it had appeared that Levy was almost desperate to have at the club.

After contes rant i can't see it. He has a cushty number at byern. Get a few trophies under his belt first before thinking of going anywhere else. Especially spurs.

things change quickly in the manager's musical chair game. just 6 months ago there were rumours of nagelsmann getting the sack for having a poor run of games and Tuchel hovering.

well things are flying now for bayern except that they just sacked their establihsed goalkeeping coach for being a suspected mole. lol sounds like he would fit right in with the back office drama in THFC.

if someone else who can play 3CBs to help the transition and make good use of the our current talents (porro, udogie, sess, romero etc) then maybe Oliver Glassner. does well with young talent, "only" europa cup winner so he's cheaper too.

• Attacking football
  • Gets team to add up to more than the sum of its parts
  • Good communicator
  • No flimflam (including lemons)
  • Previous trophy not essential
That’ll do.

Here's another name to consider: Arne Slot. Know very little about him, but he has done great work at Feyenoord and at AZ before that. Plays attacking football and was named manager of the year last season in Holland beating Ten Haag,

• Attacking football
  • Gets team to add up to more than the sum of its parts
  • Good communicator
  • No flimflam (including lemons)
  • Previous trophy not essential
That’ll do.

I'd add

- Build a relationship with clubs, buy in to the "us"
- Doesn't see club below them or as a short term stepping stone.

I do fear we are going to have a summer EVEN WORSE than the shambloic search we saw in summer 2021..after that Conte rant i can't see we are any more attractive to good managers than we were then...and that kind of situation leads the boad to dance with the devil so to speak (as they kind of did to a degree with going with Conte who hasn't acted any differently to how he has previously)...oh boy...

Most managers would come to spurs, no need to win anything, just pay ball with levy, when fans turn on him for not winning you get a massive payout.

I do fear we are going to have a summer EVEN WORSE than the shambloic search we saw in summer 2021..after that Conte rant i can't see we are any more attractive to good managers than we were then...and that kind of situation leads the boad to dance with the devil so to speak (as they kind of did to a degree with going with Conte who hasn't acted any differently to how he has previously)...oh boy...
A problem I can foresee is that we're unlikely to be offering much in the way of finances to prospective new managers and seeing as managers know they get sacked at Spurs if it looks like they'll miss out on the top four then that is a hard sell to any of the up and coming managers who are still building their reputations. More likely is therefore another Mourinho or Conte type who already have their reputations and can look at it just as a payday with potential for even more money when the axe falls.

A problem I can foresee is that we're unlikely to be offering much in the way of finances to prospective new managers and seeing as managers know they get sacked at Spurs if it looks like they'll miss out on the top four then that is a hard sell to any of the up and coming managers who are still building their reputations. More likely is therefore another Mourinho or Conte type who already have their reputations and can look at it just as a payday with potential for even more money when the axe falls.
I don't think that managers get sacked at Spurs for missing out on top 4. They get sacked when they're elite managers and instead of showing progress the team is regressing. Up and coming managers who are confident of their abilities will not balk at the Spurs job.

I don't think that managers get sacked at Spurs for missing out on top 4. They get sacked when they're elite managers and instead of showing progress the team is regressing. Up and coming managers who are confident of their abilities will not balk at the Spurs job.

It's always interesting how differently people can view things. An up and coming manager probably makes sense for things to seem fun and fresh though.

Is it in our best interest to a get a manager who is up and coming, who has won fudge all like Poch, so if we come close we can go "Oh well we did so well to be there in the first place". Is that less embarrassing than driving proven winners to public meltdowns? I guess so.

It's like there's such an atmosphere of failure / lack of self belief that enables is to go through two managers like Jose and Conte and still be gutless? I've been relatively quiet on the Conte rant but when he says you can change the manager all you like and it'll be the same, I have felt the same way for a while. It feels like we've tried every approach - Other than giving it another go with Poch of course, and given his impressive achievement of not managing to win Ligue Un with PSG it doesn't seem like that's really a sure fire way to success.

Last edited:
Back