• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I'm not sure I agree, my perspective

- We do have a nice group of blokes, and it's been part of Spurs for a while
- What that means is we seem to respond as a team much better to a motivator (BMJ, Harry, Poch) vs. techinical/discipline (Juande/Jose/Conte) managers
- Belief is part of winning, it's a habit, I think a lot about the fact that in the ENIC era we have converted 22+ QF/SF/Final/League Challenges into 1 trophy, it's really easy to say it's on the club, truth is we should have been able to fluke 2 to 3 more wins out of that volume. My initial thought is we aren't big enough to "expect it" and we aren't small enough to wing it and say "what could we lose", add the monkey on the back now about trophy timeline it puts stupid pressure on the team that they don't respond well to.

I still believe we have a core of a team that can achieve things, it needs some re-enforcements (GK, CB, Creative Midfield) and the right manager (motivator, someone who connects with the fanbase, someone that lifts the team not abuses them)

To your point -> Romero, Kane, Bentancur, Richi, Deki have no issues with self belief and where they fit in the game. I'd also argue while the ceiling may not be in the same place, Emerson is a mental monster.
Of the managers out there, Gallardo seems to fit the motivator mould to a tee.

Another of Gallardo’s greatest strengths is his ability to motivate players. His River sides will forever be remembered for their capacity to prepare perfectly for big cup nights and produce their best performances. He has instilled a mentality in his squad whereby the crunch matches invite players to rise to the occasion, not freeze under pressure. As a rule, his teams turn up when it matters most.

There is no way a team expecting to challenge for trophies can lose tamely as we did at Wolves, it's not tactics its wanting to win and believing in your ability to force that win. Great if we can get a manager that can motivate but at this level you have to motivate yourself.

There is no way a team expecting to challenge for trophies can lose tamely as we did at Wolves, it's not tactics its wanting to win and believing in your ability to force that win. Great if we can get a manager that can motivate but at this level you have to motivate yourself.

What about players who lack ability?

Hasn't held back Liverpool, they have a few.

I doubt they have more than us tbh...my point being ability has to be a factor as well as the manager and the tactics he employs.

The joke is Wolves wasn't even near to being our most feeble performance this season (and even then that was mainly the second half when they made subs, hence my point about manager and tactics)

I doubt they have more than us tbh...my point being ability has to be a factor as well as the manager and the tactics he employs.

The joke is Wolves wasn't even near to being our most feeble performance this season (and even then that was mainly the second half when they made subs, hence my point about manager and tactics)

Yeah, I think the idea that leaving your midfield 2 against 5 tactically on a regular basis and expecting quality/mentality to compensate is bit naïve

A big team that wants to compete for trophies do not sit back against the smaller teams, let them have shot after shot in hope our defence covers it and we get a break. City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool all look to take the game to the smaller teams and this is why they win things and we don’t. Play cautiously against the big teams but don’t play as the away team when at home against relegation fodder.

Ok contes gone. @alekaras has broken me down on gallardo. But what about a left field choice of will still?

Absolutely not. He is doing an incredible job but it’s still early days in his career. He has a LOT to prove still even if what he has achieved so far has been remarkable. That he’s even been mentioned in the conversation is rightful appreciation but let’s see what he can do for a couple of seasons by which time either it will be too late or we will have dodged a bullet. I know the same could be said about Kompany’s lack of experience but his years of playing at the top are significant as is working directly with Guardiola. So for now it’s a no to Still, but a lot of admiration for what he has achieved.

Last edited:
Why not? We did it with jol and pochettino.
There's just the AVB or Santo risk if the players question your credentials. Jol had presumably impressed within and Poch was impressing in the EPL. Its just an added risk, but sometimes worth taking if you are sure they are the real deal

We should just apoint Brendan Rodgers and embrace the «promise alot but fall at the last hurdle whilst playing gung ho footbal» mentality that he brings. Embrace the sexy

Back