• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Tonight’s One of the first times I’ve really watched Brighton this season under De Zebri, they’re a really attractive side to watch.

Tbf It's about the length of time around which you should be able to see shoots of what the manager is trying to put in place.

Conte's trajectory is to peak at 12 months and leave at 14 months.
Just because you keep saying it it doesn't make it any more true....
Conte was at Juventus for 3 seasons and won the league title in all of them. He also got the coach of the year award in each of those 3 seasons.
Conte's Chelsea team won the league in first season and the FA Cup in the second season
Conte's Inter Milan team finished runners up in the league and runners up in the Europa League in his first season at Inter but then won the league title in his second season.

That is a lot of trophies won more than 12 months into a job for a 'peak at 12 months' manager.

I voted other - and I want Nagelsmann who is known for high energy, attacking, pressing football with very flexible formations and restore our attacking ways.
I think his 3133 formation actually suits our current stock of players well and Skipp and be our Kimmich, a deep lying playmaker.

I voted other - and I want Nagelsmann who is known for high energy, attacking, pressing football with very flexible formations and restore our attacking ways.
I think his 3133 formation actually suits our current stock of players well and Skipp and be our Kimmich, a deep lying playmaker.

Do you see Nagelsmann leaving Bayern to join Spurs?

I dont think there is a manager out there who can take us to where we want to be with this group of players. We have too few players who believe they are the best in the world, lots of nice blokes who are good footballers but not enough arrogant bastards.

Fair points...do we have ANY arrogant b'stards in your opinion?
Richarlison? Porro? Kane? Romero? Maybe Dier in the past?

....Vieira anyone?
lady-hitting-a-man-with-her-bag.gif

I dont think there is a manager out there who can take us to where we want to be with this group of players. We have too few players who believe they are the best in the world, lots of nice blokes who are good footballers but not enough arrogant bastards.

I'm not sure I agree, my perspective

- We do have a nice group of blokes, and it's been part of Spurs for a while
- What that means is we seem to respond as a team much better to a motivator (BMJ, Harry, Poch) vs. techinical/discipline (Juande/Jose/Conte) managers
- Belief is part of winning, it's a habit, I think a lot about the fact that in the ENIC era we have converted 22+ QF/SF/Final/League Challenges into 1 trophy, it's really easy to say it's on the club, truth is we should have been able to fluke 2 to 3 more wins out of that volume. My initial thought is we aren't big enough to "expect it" and we aren't small enough to wing it and say "what could we lose", add the monkey on the back now about trophy timeline it puts stupid pressure on the team that they don't respond well to.

I still believe we have a core of a team that can achieve things, it needs some re-enforcements (GK, CB, Creative Midfield) and the right manager (motivator, someone who connects with the fanbase, someone that lifts the team not abuses them)

To your point -> Romero, Kane, Bentancur, Richi, Deki have no issues with self belief and where they fit in the game. I'd also argue while the ceiling may not be in the same place, Emerson is a mental monster.

Umm believing they are the best in the world isn't going to make them perform as if they are. They are gonna need a bit more than just belief to achieve that kind of status.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back