• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New mobile

ByVBOLwIcAAlo4F.jpg

Where's a good site to buy handsets only? Somewhere cheap but also reliable.

I did a quick google but some of the cheapest results looked a bit dodgy.

My 4's power button is starting to play up :( so if it dies totally then I'd have to look at the OnePlusOne tbh, but it is invite only :'(

*strategically placed hint if anyone has an invite :D

No invite but I ordered one of these a few days ago after being given an invite - i'm perfectly happy with my HTC One but the OPO seemed such a ludicrously good value deal i figured i'd grab one, see how it was and then sell either the HTC/OPO depending on how i felt about it. I'll let you know if I get an invite/decide to sell the OPO!

No invite but I ordered one of these a few days ago after being given an invite - i'm perfectly happy with my HTC One but the OPO seemed such a ludicrously good value deal i figured i'd grab one, see how it was and then sell either the HTC/OPO depending on how i felt about it. I'll let you know if I get an invite/decide to sell the OPO!

No 4G support on vodafone puts me off otherwise it's an amazing phone

Vertu_3073330b.jpg

Made with titanium, calfskin and sapphire glass. Starts at €12,500.

You can also get it with ostrich or karung skin.

Specifications

Size: 145mm, 69mm, 10.65mm
Weight: 192g
Operating system: AndroidTM 4.4 (KitKat)
Processor: Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 801 2.3GHz quad-core
Screen: 4.7in, 1080p, 473dpi, protected by sapphire crystal
Cameras: 13 mega-pixel (rear), 2.1 mega-pixel (front)
Memory: 64GB internal
Battery: 2,275mAh Li-ion (up to 15hrs 30mins talk time)
Accessories: leather case, headphones, polishing cloth

Vertu_3073330b.jpg

Made with titanium, calfskin and sapphire glass. Starts at €12,500.

You can also get it with ostrich or karung skin.

Specifications

Size: 145mm, 69mm, 10.65mm
Weight: 192g
Operating system: AndroidTM 4.4 (KitKat)
Processor: Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 801 2.3GHz quad-core
Screen: 4.7in, 1080p, 473dpi, protected by sapphire crystal
Cameras: 13 mega-pixel (rear), 2.1 mega-pixel (front)
Memory: 64GB internal
Battery: 2,275mAh Li-ion (up to 15hrs 30mins talk time)
Accessories: leather case, headphones, polishing cloth
Didn't the old model come with a concierge service?

Most kind sir, ty

Seems like as good a place as any to put this.

My 'real' day to day watch broke down yesterday so I ordered a Moto 360 - anyone got one?

I still dont get the whole smart watch fad.

Im not sure what it does that the phone cant do... its not difficult not havng the phone. If you dont have the phone with you then there is a reason i.e. youre busy or youre doing ****.

Seems like as good a place as any to put this.

My 'real' day to day watch broke down yesterday so I ordered a Moto 360 - anyone got one?
No but I've have a pebble for years after kickstarting it and its one of the best purchases I've ever made.

It's amazing how much less addicted to my phone I am now I can confirm the buzz in my pocket is crap by just glancing at my watch. My phone's battery life has gone from dying by 5pm to lasting over 24h, purely due to less useless turning on of the screen either because of a junk mail or looking at the time and subsequently getting distracted.

Great for swimming/running/controlling music on the go too.

No but I've have a pebble for years after kickstarting it and its one of the best purchases I've ever made.

It's amazing how much less addicted to my phone I am now I can confirm the buzz in my pocket is crap by just glancing at my watch. My phone's battery life has gone from dying by 5pm to lasting over 24h, purely due to less useless turning on of the screen either because of a junk mail or looking at the time and subsequently getting distracted.

Great for swimming/running/controlling music on the go too.

It turned up an hour ago and I have to say it's a very nice bit of kit.

I'm currently sorting out a chrono-style face for it so that it doesn't look like a geek watch, then I can start playing with the toys it offers.

It turned up an hour ago and I have to say it's a very nice bit of kit.

I'm currently sorting out a chrono-style face for it so that it doesn't look like a geek watch, then I can start playing with the toys it offers.

let me know what the battery life is like - I was tempted to get one but the reports of less than one days battery life put me off this generation (i have the motoactiv and it was phenomenal aside from battery life) . The pebble needs charging one a week and that's despite using the sleep tracker every night and swimming/ running most days so i wouldn't want to start worrying 'too' much about battery.

Most kind sir, ty

Had it for a day and its a really impressive bit of kit. May not feel quite as good quality as the HTC one but it feels very ergonomic and well made. The back material just sticks to the hand.

It is massive though, not 100% sure I need a screen this big!

let me know what the battery life is like - I was tempted to get one but the reports of less than one days battery life put me off this generation (i have the motoactiv and it was phenomenal aside from battery life) . The pebble needs charging one a week and that's despite using the sleep tracker every night and swimming/ running most days so i wouldn't want to start worrying 'too' much about battery.
There's a patch out that increases life to 1.5-2 days. Mine has no battery at all because I keep playing with it - apparently that's the case for the first week or so until you have it configured as you want.

Got myself a oneplusone with £6 rolling virgin sim (300mins, unlimited texts and 1gb data). So much cheaper than signing up to a 18/24 month contract.

Right, a week in and day to day battery life is good.

Now I'm not changing the face every 5 minutes it lasts about two days. I use it to read/flag/delete most of my emails and for the odd reminder. Step counting is on as is heart rate monitoring. I use it to control my music in the car and to call/sms when driving, so I'd say medium to high usage overall. I don't use it for navigation, the only time I did it drained quickly.

I put the watch on at 5am yesterday with 100% charge. I used it all day and took it off (but didn't charge) at 7pm. Back on at 6am today and have just put it on to charge with about 10% left it's now 1130.

That's not bad - knowing I can go away for the night and come back with charge is a huge bonus.

Back