• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New mobile

davieb

Darren Caskey
Im due an upgrade, im currently using an Iphone 4. I was looking to maybe change to Samsung S4. Any recommendations on which phone to change to? How is the S4?

Cheers

COYS will be with you shortly...

;)

Buy it. Don't look at any other phone, just buy it right now.

Today marks the 2 weeks anniversary of me and my baby girl, she's suffered a few knocks but she's still in an impeccable condition - the Gorilla Glass 3 seems to really do its job. Yes we're gonna hear the normal complaints that the phone's made out of plastic, but that seems to keep the scratches at bay, whereas the aluminium on the HTC One and iPhone 5 may be liable to scratches.

The camera's beautiful, no other words to describe it.

The issue is the fact that it's a 16 GB phone, but you only get 9 GB of data usable, but my 16 GB SD card came today, and now all my music is on my SD card, which leaves a few extra gigs of space on my internal memory, and apparently yesterday Samsung started rolling out an update in Germany that allowed the apps to be stored on the SD card, and other countries are to follow soon.

The other issue is there's too many options for some things. Like do I want to use the Samsung calendar or the Google calendar? Google Play music or the Samsung music player? I used Google Play music for my Nexus but because I wanted things like Group Play, I had to convert which is a shame because I actually preferred it, but oh well there isn't too much difference.

It's really between the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4. The HTC One feels nicer in your hand and looks nicer, the SGS4 just has loads of features.

If there's anything you wanna know about this phone just ask me.

I got the Iphone5 a few weeks ago but never had a previous Iphone to compare it to.

I'm very happy with it though. Screen is crystal clear and it's a nice size and functions well.

I looked at the S4 and I have heard good things about it. The thing that put me off though was the size.

My mate sold his Iphone5 for the nexus. He prefers the droid OS.

They also say Iphone users get more sex but nothing yet. Mine must be faulty.

I got the Iphone5 a few weeks ago but never had a previous Iphone to compare it to.

I'm very happy with it though. Screen is crystal clear and it's a nice size and functions well.

I looked at the S4 and I have heard good things about it. The thing that put me off though was the size.

My mate sold his Iphone5 for the nexus. He prefers the droid OS.

They also say Iphone users get more sex with men but nothing yet. Mine must be faulty.

Fixed.

HTC One - looked at it and will get it next month on 4G.

I am a Blackberry Lover but sometimes going with a blonde can be fun for a while ;)

HTC One - looked at it and will get it next month on 4G.

I am a Blackberry Lover but sometimes going with a blonde can be fun for a while ;)

Yep i've decided i'm going for the HTC One too. Don't want another iPhone and it was between the HTC One and the S4.....AND THE HTC WON (one):)

The main advantages of the HTC One are:
  • Its camera is better in low light (though in my opinion isn't as good as the S4's camera overall)
  • The speakers are on the front and they use Beats speakers
  • It looks and feels nicer
However the thing with the aluminium is that after 6 months you will probably find it will be covered in visible scratches. It's mainly about personal preference. Features like the ability to turn your mobile in to a universal remote control using the IR blaster is available on both phones, and the app on both of the phones is made by the same company (Peel). If you feel that you don't take many photos in low light, you don't listen to music out loud on your phone and the look and feel of your phone doesn't matter that much to you and you'd rather have a more resistant and durable phone, then I'd say go for the S4.

However the S4 in my opinion is not an ugly phone in the slightest, however that may be because I have an S View cover (pictured below) which just makes the phone look brilliant. Whenever I look at it I really feel it puts the smart in smartphone as it really does look smart, and I really do feel I'm too young for a phone of this calibre.

Whichever phone you choose, I really can't recommend the iPhone at all. You see people going from iPhones to Androids and them loving their new phones, then you see one or two people going from iPhone to Android and regretting it.

genuine-samsung-galaxy-s4-s-view-premium-cover-case-black-p38371-300.jpg

iOS 7 has just made me love Android so much more.

An iPhone would be a big mistake in my opinion.

I don't think anyone should take advice from COYS on phones cos he's so embarrassingly biased.

I don't think anyone should take advice from COYS on phones cos he's so embarrassingly biased.

I used to love the iPhone and I used to own an iPod Touch which essentially does the same thing except for the fact it doesn't make calls or texts, but the software just became so boring and restricted, and as Android grew I ended up falling in love with that instead. Now I own an S4 I laugh at the iPhone.

Also 4G speeds are exceptional. It takes about 3 seconds to download an app. I have the BT '76 mbps' fibre optic broadband (meant to be twice as fast as their standard fibre broadband, which is supposed to be 38 mbps, but I'm lucky when mine is even 20 mbps) and my phone's 4G is noticeably faster.

Thanks for all the advice lads. I ended up ordering the S4 :)

You won't regret it.

If you're putting lots of music on it I'd also highly recommend an SD card as you only get over 9 GB of space despite the fact it's a 16 GB phone.

If you wanna make the phone look super-sexy then also treat yourself to an S view cover like I did. I spent £24 on something to cover my screen and I don't regret it in the slightest, though now it's advertised as £8 so I am slightly tinkled off. The Carphone Warehouse were selling it for £45 which I thought was a bit of a tinkle-take.

So im loving the new S4. But today for some reason my charger wont charge whilst plugged into the wall (i can charge using the usb lead in the pc). Have been googling this and it seems to be a pretty common problem, but yet to find out why :-/

Back