• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Captain Poll

Who gets the armband?

• Dier

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Skipp

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Bentancur

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Son

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Davies

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (existing player)

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other (new signing)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 11 15.9%

• Total voters
Romero for me. I think the extra responsibility will make him a better all round team player.

“I’m happy for the air-hostess who often makes poor judgement calls to pilot the plane as I think the extra responsibility will make her a good all-round flyer.” :D

It's not that important at this club as i dont think we've worked with one for a long time. I believe a captain should be someone who can represent the club and the team and be respected by both, Lloris was probably respected by teammates but was not a media presence and with the type of managers we've had recently the captain didn't appear to have much say on the pitch. I agree they need to be a regular starter and who knows who that will be?

He very recently said he didn’t perform last season but he wants to stay for many years to come and improve. Not sure how that’s not taking any responsibility.

I was solely referring to his on pitch activities, he does what he wants, irrespective of where the ball or his teammates are, or what the laws of the game say.

Which I'm fine with, mainly because he's another wonderful Argentinian, like the GOAT.

I think a good captain is important. Someone the other players look up to, in terms of ability and a person. Someone who's up for the fight, leads by example, and will give any individual a gonad*ing if they're letting the team down.

Bissouma. I can’t trust that Son will find his form and until he does can’t make him captain. I want Son to return to form but he’s not been good pre season.

I want Hoijberg and Skipp sold. Bissouma I think is the best option due to his drive, his tenacity and that he plays a key role in the middle of the pitch. Bentancur could be an option but as he’s out injured then not the time to choose him.

I think people get popularity confused with leadership, Son is not a Leader imo, I couldn’t see him motivating the team on the pitch when times are hard. Son is only Captain for his country because he is a superstar.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but don’t see why he couldn’t be a leader. Certainly a lot better choice than some of the names mentioned previously. He already has experience captaining his country.

Back