• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Captain Poll

Who gets the armband?

• Dier

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Skipp

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Bentancur

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Son

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Davies

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (existing player)

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other (new signing)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 11 15.9%

• Total voters
It's just a flipping armband, if we have other genuine leaders in the team they will still be vocal and set an example....

Interesting triangle of leadership:
Son - positive, respectful, loveable, little bit of edge. (Mabbutt)
Romero - tough, cynical, brave. (MacKay)
Maddison - ambitious, driven, determined (Blanchflower)

It's a good leadership team.
What was our previous leadership group? Kane/Lloris and Dier? 2 have left/leaving but it’s interesting the 3rd not now involved. Complete fresh start

What was our previous leadership group? Kane/Lloris and Dier? 2 have left/leaving but it’s interesting the 3rd not now involved. Complete fresh start

I think it was just Lloris and Kane.
I don't remember Dier ever being named as a vice captain

I think it was just Lloris and Kane.
I don't remember Dier ever being named as a vice captain
He wasn’t named, but there was that leadership group that was mentioned previously and Dier was definitely mentioned as one of the individuals involved

Hmm. Is it just me who found that just a bit less than inspiring?
Maybe it was all a bit pre-prepared so wasn't quite natural but it was definitely lacking in enthusiasm.

And they need to get Ange a new shirt in a size up.

Maybe it was all a bit pre-prepared so wasn't quite natural but it was definitely lacking in enthusiasm.

The whole captaincy has been blown completely out of proportions. You shake hands with the opposition, pick heads or tails, hand over merch. Leaders will lead regardless.

Still don’t see how Sonny is going to lift us up when the going gets tough, he is one of the ones whose heads drop first.
Disagree. He always tries and just keeps trying even if things aren't going his way.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yes, rather flat and meh.

The whole captaincy has been blown completely out of proportions. You shake hands with the opposition, pick heads or tails, hand over merch. Leaders will lead regardless.

You do all of the above, but you also lift the trophies. I can't wait to see the smile on Sonny's face as he hoists the FA Cup this year!

I can dream, dare to dream, I was nearly all out last season, now I'm back in.

COYS!

You do all of the above, but you also lift the trophies. I can't wait to see the smile on Sonny's face as he hoists the FA Cup this year!

I can dream, dare to dream, I was nearly all out last season, now I'm back in.

COYS!

Sonny's on his to Wembley, fits in with the old ossie song and has a nice ring to it.

Leadership on the pitch or lack of it has been a problem recently. Or at least the paralysis that sets in when the going gets tough suggests so. I’m referring to last season v Sheffield Utd, Southampton, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine for evidence. I didn’t find the video posted above very inspiring but I’m glad that the topic is being discussed.

Bissouma

Bentancur and Skipp vice captains
I don't think any of them have been a captain bar maybe a game or 2, but I think all 3 have the right attitude and drive while keeping level headed.
0 out of 3. Give me your lotto picks and I'll choose the exact opposite numbers. :p

no way he told them for the first time in front of a camera

staged for socials

Back