• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Captain Poll

Who gets the armband?

• Dier

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Skipp

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Bentancur

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Son

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Davies

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (existing player)

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other (new signing)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 11 15.9%

• Total voters
I thought Skipp, but is it too soon? Bentancur and Bissouma could develop as our go to midfield as well. It's obviously got to be someone who is nailed on to play every game, so Romero, Bentancur, Son or Maddison?

Not sure Son has the right character. But I could be wrong. He's more suited to supporting the captain, so could be vice-captain.

Maddison has the intelligence, and is at the right stage in his career. So has a strong shout. But to me I'm not sure he is a natual leader. Smart yes. Articulate yes. Leader of men? Not for me. Skipp is impressive for his accumen. Most people(especially guys) his age don't have such a grasp of a situation. Skipp has penitrative understanding I think. Idk exactly, but he is highly perceptive. Is he a leader? Yes he can be. I think post Kane it would also be nice to have a home-grown captain. So fully behind Skipp if he's set to start games.

Romero would be awesome, hilarious. All bluster, passion and fire. I wouldn't be against it.

Bentancur has stature. But probably a little insular.

Has to be between Skipp or Maddison, and I think it will be Messrs Skip, supported by Maddison or Son as vice captain.

I'd say Bissouma is the man for the job. Passionate about the club, talented and sat slap bang in the middle of the park each week.

Surprised people are suggesting Skipp - have you seen what he is like off the pitch in interviews and behind-the-scenes videos? Seems very shy and awkward to me.

Personally I think it’ll be Maddison, or maybe Son.

Surprised people are suggesting Skipp - have you seen what he is like off the pitch in interviews and behind-the-scenes videos? Seems very shy and awkward to me.

Personally I think it’ll be Maddison, or maybe Son.

I'm sure there has also been reports that he does speak up and has been given more responsibility.

I wouldn't make him captain, but one of the vice captain riles might be a good step up for him.

I still think Son is just too nice.

I'm sure there has also been reports that he does speak up and has been given more responsibility.

I wouldn't make him captain, but one of the vice captain riles might be a good step up for him.

Skipp was allegedly pretty vocal in the dressing room at half time during the debacle at St.James Park wasn't he?
Vice-captain would be a great call.

It does seem we might have a few players who could help drive the team on in different ways.

Son has been a captain for his country.
Hojbjerg is very vocal. Not sure how useful though

Then we have Maddison, Skipp, Bissouma, Bentancur and maybe Romero

I agree he does not seem to be vocal enough for me.

The fact that there isn’t a consensus shows there is no clear standout choice. But we have a number players who would be good choices nonetheless.

Still don’t see how Sonny is going to lift us up when the going gets tough, he is one of the ones whose heads drop first.

It would not have been my choice he does not seem for me to be a leader or one who will lift others, but it is what it is and i wish him well with the honour.

Back