• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Distinctly unimpressed with Chadli so far, although it is early days. Staggered that people would play him in preference to Lennon. I'm not quite sure what Chadli's main strengths are yet - seems to have decent ball control as he trapped some awkward balls well today but doesn't seem to have electric pace or like to dribble at the full back; equally hasn't seem to whip early balls in as a wide midfielder (rather than winger) such as Beckham used to. Hopefully will come good eventually but think it would help if he was introduced gradually

Depressing that Townsend is in the first X1, he did not look too good for QPR last year.

He did look good for QPR last year and at the end of the season I browsed some of their forums and they had him and Remi as their best players. Townsend made some poor choices today but I'd hardly call it depressing.

Distinctly unimpressed with Chadli so far, although it is early days. Staggered that people would play him in preference to Lennon. I'm not quite sure what Chadli's main strengths are yet - seems to have decent ball control as he trapped some awkward balls well today but doesn't seem to have electric pace or like to dribble at the full back; equally hasn't seem to whip early balls in as a wide midfielder (rather than winger) such as Beckham used to. Hopefully will come good eventually but think it would help if he was introduced gradually

^^ this

I really WANT to like this guy... but i'm struggling to draw many positives from his performances so far. He hasn't done anything yet where I have thought 'wow, this guy could really be something here'. Now I know its still only his third game in the premier league and I shouldn't judge so early, and im also conscious of the fact that before him we had Bale dominating that wing week in week out so anybody coming in is going to look less of a player in comparison.

Before he came here, i'll be honest i'd never heard of him (im a bit naïve when it comes to European football)Am I looking for the wrong thing from him? I'm looking for a player who isn't afraid of trying to take the full back on and whip a cross in, maybe this isn't what he does? Can someone please explain what I SHOULD be expecting from this guy, because like I said I really do want to like him!

Chadli looked like he could be in for a season making performance at the start of the night when he went round a couple of players for fun and put some great balls in for Rose, but then... nothing. He got increasingly isolated and ended up looking like a passenger. I think it could take a while until we see the best of him in a spurs shirt, as right now the games are completely passing him by.

Chadli looked like he could be in for a season making performance at the start of the night when he went round a couple of players for fun and put some great balls in for Rose, but then... nothing. He got increasingly isolated and ended up looking like a passenger. I think it could take a while until we see the best of him in a spurs shirt, as right now the games are completely passing him by.

This. Started out very, very well, but then disappeared completely. Wonder what happened there. He's one for the future, I think.

He started to drift more and more infield in the 2nd half and was totally anonymous. Wonder if this was from AVB or he done it himself.

^^ this

I really WANT to like this guy... but i'm struggling to draw many positives from his performances so far. He hasn't done anything yet where I have thought 'wow, this guy could really be something here'. Now I know its still only his third game in the premier league and I shouldn't judge so early, and im also conscious of the fact that before him we had Bale dominating that wing week in week out so anybody coming in is going to look less of a player in comparison.

Before he came here, i'll be honest i'd never heard of him (im a bit naïve when it comes to European football)Am I looking for the wrong thing from him? I'm looking for a player who isn't afraid of trying to take the full back on and whip a cross in, maybe this isn't what he does? Can someone please explain what I SHOULD be expecting from this guy, because like I said I really do want to like him!

On. the. money.

I thought he looked pretty useful in the first half, pretty non existent 2nd half though. He's got ability but he won't be 1st choice team IMO, bloody good squad player though.

I rather have quality like Eriksen and Lamela supplemented by promising youth players. Not sure where Chadli fits in. Looks distinctly average all round.

Hopefully we can have Lennon, Eriksen and Lamela playing as the 3 behind Soldado for most of the league games and then Chadli can play in Europa League and cup games whilst he settles in. He seems to be the most likely of our magnificent seven to not succeed, though given he was the cheapest I guess that's not a surprise

Lack of service imo.

People say Lennon but they're different positions. Lamela, Lennon and Townsend right wing. Chadli Townsend Siggurdsson maybe Eriksen left. Pretty weak for me. CHadli good understudy but not a starter yet... We need a left winger. Oh well. Too late now.

I think he clearly has a lot of potential, some good stuff, just needs to be more consistent. But it's early days and he's just settling in; people here really do like to bitch and **** players off; without someone to hate a few here wouldn't know what to do with themselves

He's been frustrating but I think writing him off already like some have done is madness, he's not looked like a world beater but none of our forward players have and he's young, in a new team and new league.

Look at that giroud at the ****, looked useless for a season, then a year later he looks class, sadly.

It's a great shame that we've had to overhaul our squad because of losing a key player again, because it's another season where we just don't look to have any continuity and that's got to be so hard as a player.

I thought he looked pretty useful in the first half, pretty non existent 2nd half though. He's got ability but he won't be 1st choice team IMO, bloody good squad player though.

Didn't have the support from the midfield, continued to get isolated on the wing, so tried to move inside to be closer to Soldado.

Theoretically a good move, but it didn't pan out. THink he'll look even better when we get the midfield sorted out.

He plays centrally for Belgium and did last season in Holland I believe for the majority of his games. Why don we try him thee as he clearly wants to drift centrally anyway

think he is great technically, strong on the ball and rarely loses possession, but he's obviously our new "Dempsey" to a lot of fans - even if he plays well, he'll not really get praise. I mean he wasn't bad today but other than the goal he didn't stand out yet he'd get **** on. There is more to a game than making a mark.

What are peoples opinions of him so far?

He is comfortable on the ball and even though he is not your stereotypical winger he can take on a man if needed and put in a good cross. He also helps out defensively and is very strong. I personally feel he is a good addition but he will become a scape goat on ere.

He is comfortable on the ball and even though he is not your stereotypical winger he can take on a man if needed and put in a good cross. He also helps out defensively and is very strong. I personally feel he is a good addition but he will become a scape goat on ere.

exactly this.

sort of players you need for a "title" team in my view.

Back