• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Think he's been our best singing to be honest.. Really need him back in the side.. Chadli left and Lamela right for me.

:lol:

oh lord thats priceless....the joys of not being in the room when the **** up happens LOL

I am convinced Chadli, and to some extent Lamela, were panic signings by us to cover the loss of Bale. Felt we signed Chadli too early in the transfer window, when the rumours about Bale were just starting. Still not convinced with Chadli. And still don't know how we will give him a chance to prove his worth. There are so many players ahead of him in both the league and Cup matches.

^ Before Chadli was injured he was starting games, upon his return he picked up another injury which has kept him out since - so how have you come to the conclusion there are "so many players in front of him"

Though he started out well in our first matches, then faded a little.
Not 100% convinced yet he'll be a regular starter for us, but as a squad player I am certain he'll prove useful.

Though he started out well in our first matches, then faded a little.
Not 100% convinced yet he'll be a regular starter for us, but as a squad player I am certain he'll prove useful.

Created more than chances than any other bar Hazard and one or two others in the first two or three games, so I'm sure we haven't seen the best of him yet.

I am convinced Chadli, and to some extent Lamela, were panic signings by us to cover the loss of Bale. Felt we signed Chadli too early in the transfer window, when the rumours about Bale were just starting. Still not convinced with Chadli. And still don't know how we will give him a chance to prove his worth. There are so many players ahead of him in both the league and Cup matches.

Calling Erik Lamela a "panic signing" is a sad indictment of how deluded a fan-base we have. Lamela was coveted by almost all of the biggest teams in Europe — after running riot in Serie A last year — and we pushed the boat to get him to a club w/ no Champions' League football and without megabucks. Now, after three months and almost no Premier League football, our fans are already writing him off, as if everything he's achieved in his incredibly young career and all of his talent is now meaningless. Judge him in 18 months before you start calling him a "panic signing."

Probably the same people who ****ged Modric off in his early career.

Calling Erik Lamela a "panic signing" is a sad indictment of how deluded a fan-base we have. Lamela was coveted by almost all of the biggest teams in Europe — after running riot in Serie A last year — and we pushed the boat to get him to a club w/ no Champions' League football and without megabucks. Now, after three months and almost no Premier League football, our fans are already writing him off, as if everything he's achieved in his incredibly young career and all of his talent is now meaningless. Judge him in 18 months before you start calling him a "panic signing."

Some are, not all !!!

Some are, not all !!!

I mean — to some extent — I can understand people complaining about Soldado's performances, even though I don't agree. He hasn't scored as many goals as many would like, though he does so many other things and hasn't been helped by the system. However, bashing a play like Lamela before he's gotten a proper run of games is crazy to me.

Not writing off Lamela yet. In fact want us to give him more chance by starting him ahead of Townsend in the league. But surely, spending 30m on a 21 year old who just had 1 good season in Italy has to be regarded as a panic decision. I always prefer "experienced" players than "youth" ones, so feel the 30m is best spend on established players who have performed consistently for 2-3 seasons. Felt players like Javier Pastore would have been less risky than Lamela.

Chadli and Lamela both have the same problems to overcome. They've come into the Premier League which is a more physical game, with far higher intensity, that will take time to get used to. Chadli being out will mean that process taking longer.
Both players have excelled in teams playing on the break, both have pace and are sensational at exploiting space. That's not the game we play at Spurs anymore, so both will have to make significant changes to their game if they are to fit in.
Chadli is a more physical player, he strikes me as a AVB buy. Lamela I'm not so sure, I suspect he's Baldini's man.

Not writing off Lamela yet. In fact want us to give him more chance by starting him ahead of Townsend in the league. But surely, spending 30m on a 21 year old who just had 1 good season in Italy has to be regarded as a panic decision. I always prefer "experienced" players than "youth" ones, so feel the 30m is best spend on established players who have performed consistently for 2-3 seasons. Felt players like Javier Pastore would have been less risky than Lamela.

No it really doesn't.

Our technical director brought (or was part of the team that brought) Lamela to Roma for a considerable cost two seasons ago. He was at Roma with Lamela for his 2 seasons there. I would guess there's no more than a handful of people that know more about Lamela as a footballer than Franco Baldini.

This is not some kid that impressed us in 3-4 games we scouted him in or an international tournament or that we heard about through sources. This is a super talented footballer that our technical director knew about as much as it's possible to know about a young footballer and he thought we should spend that amount of money on him.

I have hopes for Chadli. Not high hopes but I think he could be a very decent player for us.

Shame about his injury-hope we don't have another "sicknote" on our hands!

Chadli and Rose looked to be building a good understanding after just 2-3 games, I look forward to them both coming back. RE his quality: He can produce with both feet, just look at the cross he produced for Soldado's goal vs Tblisi

So what do we make of Chadli then? Seems a bit inconsistent, but I think he's looking a bit better in the Sherwood setup.

Anybody think he could be used to cover Ade's role in the team? I think he has some of the tools to do that job.

Great squad player to have. Very strong on the ball, rarely gives the ball away, always seems to get an assist when he's on the pitch for a lengthy period of time and has an unbelievable cross on him.

So what do we make of Chadli then? Seems a bit inconsistent, but I think he's looking a bit better in the Sherwood setup.

Anybody think he could be used to cover Ade's role in the team? I think he has some of the tools to do that job.

Ill be honest. I dont like him. But I am open to him improving. Offensively i think he brings little to the team. He is supposed to be good in the air but all i have seem him do is win a few knock downs. He cant beat a player on the outside and always checks in on his right to cross. And its not like those crosses have been effective. He is strong physically so is not suffering from that level of introduction to the premiership. But as an winger he needs to be doing more. Some people point to him having a high passing percentage. But that is because he constantly checks back inside because he cannot beat his man and lays it off to the inside player.

He has had a few pot shots and they have been nowhere near to getting us a goal. In the two games that Townsend played on the left he offered way more. Got in some great crosses and was a threat. I always want any of our players to do well but as soon as i see chadli's name on the team sheet I cannot help but groan. I think he is a very average played and does not deserve to be in the first team until he shows some flashes that he can be a threat on that side and not allow the opposition to discount him.

I think Chadli is adapting the same as the others. He may be strong but he's still got to adapt, he's as much a victim of injuries and AVB's rotation as anybody else. I still reckon he will be good for 5-10 league goals a season once settled.

http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/sport/10938215._/

“Nacer had to play in a role which doesn’t suit him," Chadli's agent Daniel Evrard said.

"They wanted him to play on the left wing and he is not exactly a winger – he prefers to play through the middle.

"It’s very difficult for him because we’ve not seen the best of him at Tottenham. He has big potential so he is a little bit frustrated.”

Chadli's best position is through the middle? AVB and Timmy don't seem to think so.

Back