• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

I really like Chadli, can see him bagging 10 or so goals for us, and being a key player in the run in. Much like Sigurdsson at the tale end of last season.

Yeah I rate Chadli, he is one of the biggest guys in the squad if not the biggest, yet people expect him to be some twisting, turning, nippy winger.

He is not that and never will be - he is an intelligent, reliable, solid, mountain that scores goals.

He is comfortable on the ball and even though he is not your stereotypical winger he can take on a man if needed and put in a good cross. He also helps out defensively and is very strong. I personally feel he is a good addition but he will become a scape goat on ere.

Given our poor run of results we really need one.

Still wondering what's so special about him tbh. Seems very unsure of his role atm.

Yes it's easy to see he has a good touch, is big and physical which is unusual for a wide player, but apart from one early game he's hardly shown what he can do yet.

Hopefully it's all to come. Look how long it's taken Sigurdsson.

Still wondering what's so special about him tbh. Seems very unsure of his role atm.

Yes it's easy to see he has a good touch, is big and physical which is unusual for a wide player, but apart from one early game he's hardly shown what he can do yet.

Hopefully it's all to come. Look how long it's taken Sigurdsson.

How long in regards Siggy? You really do live up to your name

He is comfortable on the ball and even though he is not your stereotypical winger he can take on a man if needed and put in a good cross. He also helps out defensively and is very strong. I personally feel he is a good addition but he will become a scape goat on ere.

Pretty good summary.

Think he has been unlucky in that Siggy has taken up a vein of form and started scoring regularly, i like that we have two options out there though.

Looks like a good squad player already, if he settles more who knows?

I think he is technically good, strong and can cross in spite of suggestions to the contrary. He also chips in with goals; good signing.

He is a big lump. He was very central in the last 30 mins tonight. Can't see him being 1st choice ATM.

How long in regards Siggy? You really do live up to your name

Not sure what you're getting at there. IMO Siggy has only recently started to show what he is capable of on a regular basis in the last few games. Last season he was fitful and frustrating, but now he is making himself a key part of the first team squad. If you call that a spur-of-the-moment opinion so be it.

He is a big lump. He was very central in the last 30 mins tonight. Can't see him being 1st choice ATM.

First start after his injury, still integrating into the team, playing with Fryers behind him who looks more than happy keeping things simple and not venturing forwards much.

Looked fine to me, if it's between him and Sig it's close imo. Personally I would like to see Townsend get a game or two wide left.

I think with Chadli we have to appreciate him for someone that is a good, intelligent mover into space. That's what it's all about with us now. It isn't blistering pace, get it to the byline and whip it in. It is recover the ball, establish control, and attack with balance and intelligence.

I think Chadli is that kind of player. He won't always be on the ball. He will play a lot of simple passes to recycle possession. He will sometimes look like he isn't involved. But when the time is right to strike I think he can be very effective. He has some great skills and all he has to do is utilise them when he needs to. He is doing that and I think he is a really good style player for an AVB team.

A lot like Hotlby. Defoe's goal tonight, we are knocking the ball around on the left, and Holtby just waits and waits in a position of danger. He doesn't get dragged away and knows that if the ball gets worked to him he is good to go. He maintains our balance because he has sufficiently kept a good space between him and the other players so that the opposition can't get too close. And suddenly the ball get switched to him, he feeds in Defoe and boom. It's exactly the clever kind of move we will see from the likes of Chadli too I'm sure. If it looks like he isn't moving, I'm confident there is a plan there ready to be exploited.

Hope Chadli is OK. anyone see what kind of injury it was?
And when he came on did he play #10 position or was he wide with Siggy or Lamela in #10? I wasn't sure because of the quality of the river I was watching.

me neither - didn't see obvious signs of an injury so maybe its just a precaution.
he was operating quite centrally when he was on, just behind and alongside defoe

Tottenham Hotspur winger Nacer Chadli could make a return from injury in Belgium's international friendly fixture with Japan.

Chadli, a £7 million summer arrival from FC Twente, has not played for Spurs since the penalty win at home to Hull City in the League Cup in late October.

The Belgium international is still recovering from a hamstring injury that forced him off in that fixture, just 11 minutes after coming on as a second half substitute.

Belgium play Colombia in a friendly on Thursday and manager Marc Wilmots has revealed that tie will come too soon for Chadli.

However, Wilmots has intimated the Spurs man could feature against Japan, who travel to Brussels on Tuesday.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/35661-chadli-could-make-japan-return.php

Think he's been our best singing to be honest.. Really need him back in the side.. Chadli left and Lamela right for me.

Think he's been our best singing to be honest.. Really need him back in the side.. Chadli left and Lamela right for me.

What are you basing that on?

He hasn't done anything of note, but typical people clutching at straws

Like the way he wins headers and is big. Sig does nothing unless he scores, he's like a poacher on the wing. Not been scoring so take him out and give Chadli another go.

Back