• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

i was very impressed with him over the two games so far - in fact i'm very impressed with this seasons "budget buys" - chadli and capoue.
three things to watch:

1. partnership with rose - good indication that their understanding is improving
2. crosses - getting closer while attackers learn more about his ability and preference
3. fitness - does a lot of work on the ball himself - hold up play, some dribbling etc - and sometimes fades away at points during the game probably to catch his breath...

I think he'll score a few goals this season too. He likes to cut in, had a narrow missed shot v Palace and so clearly isn't scared to shoot.

That he seems happy with both options of going wide or cutting in will also make him harder to defend against than others, including Lennon, who have a clear preference one way or the other.

Think he is a top signing. Don't understand those that aren't impressed.

- Very two footed. Fullbacks just don't know where to show him.
- Height on the wing. Won a couple of lofted balls that I'm used to just going nowhere.
- Seemed solid defensively. Tracks back well and can tackle.
- Can put in a decent cross. Couple of dodgy corners I admit but the move from his right foot onto his left followed by the cross into Soldado for 5-0 v Tblisi was sublime.

Early stages but definitely shows promise!

I'm pretty impressed by him so far tbh. Also don't get the criticism.

I would say that he has been average. If Arsenal had signed him, the fawning would be toned down a touch. He has done ok as he settles, but a little ominous thus far.

Perhaps he is being outshone by the other new signings.

I would say that he has been average. If Arsenal had signed him, the fawning would be toned down a touch. He has done ok as he settles, but a little ominous thus far.

Perhaps he is being outshone by the other new signings.

The thing is that both Capoue and Paulinho have seemingly settled exceptionally quickly. They both look like experienced PL players already. Soldado has done well too imo and obviously he's scored us winning goals.

Compared to that Chadli has probably been outshone at this point, but I think there are a lot of promising signs from Chadli.

I think he's the kind of player that will prove almost unplayable on his day. He has so many different facets to his game he will be very difficult to contain when things go right for him. The question will become how often we can get him performing at his best I think.

I think he'll score a few goals this season too. He likes to cut in, had a narrow missed shot v Palace and so clearly isn't scared to shoot.

That he seems happy with both options of going wide or cutting in will also make him harder to defend against than others, including Lennon, who have a clear preference one way or the other.
The only criticism i have is that he seems to want to cut inside all the time which makes him too predictable!

The thing is that both Capoue and Paulinho have seemingly settled exceptionally quickly. They both look like experienced PL players already. Soldado has done well too imo and obviously he's scored us winning goals.

Compared to that Chadli has probably been outshone at this point, but I think there are a lot of promising signs from Chadli.

I think he's the kind of player that will prove almost unplayable on his day. He has so many different facets to his game he will be very difficult to contain when things go right for him. The question will become how often we can get him performing at his best I think.

I think the reason he's not looked as good is simply because his role in the team relies so much more on the those around him than those 2. Capoue can break up play and distribute it without really needing anything else to show he's doing his job well, Paulinho can drive forward without needing assistance, while Soldado has shown his quality through penalties (would we be as happy with him if he'd drawn two blanks in 0.0 draws?).

With Chadli he's isolated on the wing and so we've only seen the best of him in Europe against weak opposition;both palace and Swansea looked organised, hard to break down and really made us struggle to break them down. It will take a while for our players and system to evolve and learn how to deal with that, and until then players like chadli - and sigg/townsend as well - will look less effective as they go round players only to find another defender in their way, their targets marked out of the game or their passes cut out.

It's the danger of wholesale changes to the team, that they can do everything right individually but they need that anticipation and teamwork before it all clicks into place and they're springing things fast enough to beat the oppositions organisation. We saw it last year with even bale having some forgettable performances and it's the same again this year, but what's positive is we look so much more solid this year defensively.

Chadli has all the tools in his locker to be an excellent player from what I've seen - but it will still take a while for him to reach his potential.

The only criticism i have is that he seems to want to cut inside all the time which makes him too predictable!

I think it's worked really well so far and he's been able to create a lot of space for Rose down the outside. He's been in several very good crossing positions in every game he's played. I think Rose has shown in the past that he's a good crosser of the ball, but so far this season he hasn't shown that.

Both Swansea and Palace more or less parked the bus. Going down the outside when the full back is helped by the winger ahead of him more or less means taking on two players down the outside to put a cross in towards our not exactly towering centre forward. Makes a lot more sense to create space for Rose by moving inside and also then keep possession and look for an opening through the middle when available or switch play when no opening presents itself.

I imagine Chadli will take on his full back down the outside more when in one on one situations with the fullback, like he did against Tblisi.

I actually feel the opposite, and have been impressed by his ability to go outside on the left and provide a quality cross. Another good one yesterday for Paulinho's volley wide, if I recall correctly.

Still, there is something about Chadli that is a bit underwhelming so far, but I'm not sure why...

Perhaps it's because I don't recall seeing him play a particularly threatening through ball or shot at goal yet.

Or, in all seriousness, maybe it's somehow because he just doesn't look like a typical tricky winger / attacking midfielder...

I actually feel the opposite, and have been impressed by his ability to go outside on the left and provide a quality cross. Another good one yesterday for Paulinho's volley wide, if I recall correctly.

Still, there is something about Chadli that is a bit underwhelming so far, but I'm not sure why...

Perhaps it's because I don't recall seeing him play a particularly threatening through ball or shot at goal yet.

Or, in all seriousness, maybe it's somehow because he just doesn't look like a typical tricky winger / attacking midfielder...

I'm with you on that. His cross for Soldado's goal in Tbilisi was amazing, but didn't seem to get the credit it deserved. He is fast but doesn't have the burst of acceleration that we are used to on the wings. He seems to be a very steady player. I can imagine him being very consistent

I reckon he might be better as a lone striker. He remind me of Van Pervie, in terms of them both started off as wingers with good footwork but not much pace. Hopefully his close control and good hold up play, coupled with his size will help in that position.

I reckon he might be better as a lone striker. He remind me of Van Pervie, in terms of them both started off as wingers with good footwork but not much pace. Hopefully his close control and good hold up play, coupled with his size will help in that position.

I wouldnt call him slow, not Lennon/Bale quick but he has decent enough speed

Most Chances Created From Open Play

Hazard (10) - 3 Games
Benteke (8) - 3 Games
Cazorla (7)
Chadli (7)
Aspas (6)
Oscar (6) - 3 Games

Back