• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

we should be doing better in the cups i agree but in the modern premiership era you can't be considering not winning a knock out trophy as a failure unless you're one of the top 4 (imv), that said we have had some poor runs although several semi's/quarters appearances also - do you factor those good runs in to your reasoning?

one player doesn't make a team and in no way gives us the right to be saying we should be finishing above teams which are rammed full of star quality (Arsenal aside, but they are a different kettle of fish)

Your not going to get anywhere. The go to point seems to be that if we haven't won everything, we obviously haven't signed enough players.

you said Bale was the reason why we should be finishing above better teams than ourselves i said one player does not make a team.

we do have quality but after the season Redknapp left we were unbalanced, i believe we are addressing that this summer (we started the work last summer tbf) and will have have a strong squad of 25 come the start of the season

Your not going to get anywhere. The go to point seems to be that if we haven't won everything, we obviously haven't signed enough players.

i just think it's a shame posters like Charlie can't enjoy our recent years of improvement and consider us to be failing every year - fudging up 3rd i can very much agree with but overall we've been on an upward curve for some time now, it's just when you start so far down the rise is a lot more noticeable in the beginning and eventually becomes less so as room for improvement shortens

Have people never thought we are actually massively punching above our weight every season due to not being bankrolled by a rich sugar daddy

Have people never thought we are actually massively punching above our weight every season due to not being bankrolled by a rich sugar daddy

I just happened to mention exactly the same thing on the Blue Moon Forum yesterday.

Needless to say, I'm now banned!

First image of Chadli in a Spurs shirt...

A4456_zpsbfaa2fba.jpg

just scrolling past, it looked like a really tanned David Bentley.

This has been the case for some time now, nobody wants to hear it.

United/City/Cheat$ki/Scum/Pool all spend significantly more, pay much higher wages, have a higher profile and with the exception of Pool (in last few years) generally offer players CL and opportunities at silverware.

We are an extremely well run club that through good decisions (not mistake free) has built a strong squad, plays good football and starts the season as a top 4 challenger without being in debt or leveraging sugar daddy funding

I myself get excited and think we should be doing better but every so often what i posted comes back to me and I think, fudging hell weve come a long way in a short space of time considering were basically brassick and we get 36k every week

I think of the talent we have in our squad now and compared to what we used to see in our squad a few years back, were doing amazing and we should enjoy it

The disruption would hurt us more that it would benefit us. It's typical Tottenham - 6 new players every year, revolution not evolution.

I'm gutted we got Chadli over someone creative like Bernard. But all we need now is to upgrade Defoe to Soldado and we're ready to go. This summer was always going to be just about 3 first 11 signings (CM, LF and CF) IMO.

Out of curiosity what are you basing your conclusion that Chadli isn't creative on?

Errrrr which goes back to my point, lets replace ours with quality players :-k

Seems an unduly pessimistic assessment of our players if you don't mind me saying. The truth is, we have a very good squad but the teams that tend to finish above us, have better ones. Given the current state of play in the league, and the wage bills of those teams, that's not a coincidence and its not a situation that's likely to radically change anytime soon.

That's not excuse making, it's just an observation on the way things currently stand. That's also not to say that we should stop striving to improve and trying to close the gap on the top teams. In fact if you step back and actually look at how we have done in the past few seasons, then I think it's difficult to argue that we have not made good strides forward. There have been disappointments along the way of course, but on the whole the club is now very much on an upward curve. We are now an established top 5 premier league side, something that I simply could not imagine as recently as 6 or 7 years ago.

I think the other point to bear in mind is that the transformation at Emirates Marketing Project has probably had the greatest impact on Spurs than any other side. It unfortunate that their ascendancy to 'super club' status has coincided with our own progression. Take them out of the equation and it is likely that we would have finished in the top 4 more regularly than we have in last 4 or 5 years (though on the flip side, it is of course fair to point out that Liverpool's relative decline has definitely helped us).

Getting back on topic, players like Chadli (well regarded young talents who want to be at the club and who in theory will steadily improve) are exactly the sort of players that the club ought to be signing to augment an already, talented squad.

No to the highlighted players

Way to light on FB positions to sell Benny
Dempsey is the most versatile of our strikers, actually scores and most likely to accept not playing every game.

Agreed..on both,and Benny was one of our best players. If he can regain his confidence ..he could have a good season.

I find it astounding that anyone cannot CLEARLY see what's going on at our club. I further find it astounding that anyone can find such wells of negativity after a 72 point season where we had two chronic injuries to deal with, a shift in attitude and system within the club, a shift in philosophy and a new manager/coaching team.

I find it astounding that anyone cannot CLEARLY see what's going on at our club. I further find it astounding that anyone can find such wells of negativity after a 72 point season where we had two chronic injuries to deal with, a shift in attitude and system within the club, a shift in philosophy and a new manager/coaching team.

Agree, agree, agree......

2011/12 we had the CL Place, 2012/13 we got more Points then ever, and any other season that would be a cl spot.

With Kaboul and Sandro back, and players settling that we got last year, and Paulinho and now Chadli, I think we can give the other teams a hell of a fight.

I want a striker in too but, I think if we dont it wont be the worst thing... With the signings we have done I can see Ade getting alot more to work With, if hes up for it...

I also agree about how well we are doing and how far we have come..were doing Brilliant...but I cant understand fans on here
saying..well oh yeah when Bale goes etc.
Charlieytheyid is right, If we cant build a Team around Bale now..we never will, and we will not break into the real Big time and win Trophies!
Bale is our Cantana..He is our Dave Mackay..We need to get the best quality players around him now...and we need to keep him at Spurs.

Another chance will not come again for decades.

Back