• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

I find it very strange that he flew out to Hong Kong and trained with us etc before the i's were dotted and the t's were crossed.

This isn't common with transfers is it?

I think it shows good relations between the clubs, we'd have wanted to be able to get him out for the Hong Kong trip and I don't suppose they'd have had to let him come. The Dutch are sound.

I find it very strange that he flew out to Hong Kong and trained with us etc before the i's were dotted and the t's were crossed.

This isn't common with transfers is it?

I don't why he was allowed out with us but as has been mentioned in response to your query, We have a very good relationship with FC Twente based on our games during the Champions League in 2010/11. The two clubs got on very well at the draw and in subsequent meetings at board level. We were also very quick to send our condolensces to them when the stand at their stadium collapsed. So I would imagine that helped in our getting him out to HK prior to the contract being fully signed and completed.

Maybe the medical was with our doctors who are in Hong Kong, so he had to fly out to HK for the medical?

I do get the feeling that we bought Chadli not to improve the squad but as some kind of backup in case we are forced to sell Bale. Not sure if he will start many games next season.

I do get the feeling that we bought Chadli not to improve the squad but as some kind of backup in case we are forced to sell Bale. Not sure if he will start many games next season.

I thought people were saying Chadli played on the left..

Which Bale no longer does, well most of the time he doesn't.

so anyone figured out where he's going to play yet?

I think left forward/wing is his preferred role atm. From the highlights and the game v Espanyol he looked comfortable cutting in and trying to get his shots away.

Belgian National Team (inc Chadli, Vertonghen & Dembele) in bed together enjoying TV...

[video]http://instagram.com/p/c98oOgntiY/#[/video]

I think this thread deserves a bump.

Very early still of course and Chadli hasn't taken the PL by storm, but some great early signs I think. Looks a complete player, very few weaknesses.

You can see that he's desperate to get his first goal and I think he will get it sooner rather than later.

This is what i posted in the ratings thread..

As soon as i saw Chadli (during pre season) i knew opinions would be split..i just knew it (and mentioned it on here) He's the sort of player that in some peoples eyes offers so much but others will think he doesn't offer much at all. Some would like that he constantly comes inside and looks up, whilst others would prefer him to go on the outside more.

I said i think there will be games where some rate him as a 6 and another will give him a 9....and it's already nearly happened (well it kinda did as some have given him a 5 and others a 8). You know what the funny thing is? i actually see both points of view..weird.

I really like him. He seems to be growing in confidence, can play a good pass and will only improve for us,

This is what i posted in the ratings thread..

As soon as i saw Chadli (during pre season) i knew opinions would be split..i just knew it (and mentioned it on here) He's the sort of player that in some peoples eyes offers so much but others will think he doesn't offer much at all. Some would like that he constantly comes inside and looks up, whilst others would prefer him to go on the outside more.

I said i think there will be games where some rate him as a 6 and another will give him a 9....and it's already nearly happened (well it kinda did as some have given him a 5 and others a 8). You know what the funny thing is? i actually see both points of view..weird.

Hehe, I see what you mean, and I agree with you. I've been a bit sceptical of Chadli, but thought he looked pretty good today. His crossing today was excellent. As long as he's capable of getting past the defender and hitting a sweet cross, he's going to be good as gold! :)

I think he's a very good player. As I said in the match ratings thread, I just feel we need more from him in the position he plays. So whether people judge him a success or not depends on their own idea of what they expect of Chadli. If its 4-3-3 then I think people will want him closer to Soldado and scoring more. If you think Paulinho and Dembele should be scoring more then perhaps your happy with Chadli to be solid if not spectacular. Keeping the ball, tracking back, winning headers.

Good option whichever way you see it

I think his movement and reading of the game is excellent......I just think Rose doesn't know how to play with him yet. So many times Nacer played the Ball back to Rose then moved into space off his marker waiting for the return ball, but Rose took an extra touch or turned inside or back.

Chadli looks a very clever player to me...Just think he needs the rest of the team to read his movement.

Back