• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Just ask former manager Co Adriaanse who believes the 23-year-old has got everything in his locker.

"I have rarely seen such a complete player like Nacer," he commented. "I really do not know what he cannot do. Nacer is creative, strong, fast, has a great free kick and he turns excellently. Everything is beautiful in him, even his face.

the new ginola in more ways than one....if only :)

images

tumblr_m8cjo7LRV81rwbeyfo1_r1_400.jpg

Very hard to judge this signing to be honest. You do get the feeling we got him because he was young and not too expensive. He clearly has trickery and can shoot.

What we need at the moment is players who can control and football. Footballers basically. However you rate them, the likes of Lennon, Dempsey, defoe, Siggurdson and Ade to name a few are well below par.

We need more skills, players who can... play.

Now we need at least another four or five signings, a striker, a left back and a winger and a center back.

Now we need at least another four or five signings, a striker, a left back and a winger and a center back.

think you'll be dissapointed mate if that's what you think we're after.

striker - will defo be in for one, if not two
left back - two at the club already, plus a rb and cb who can cover if need be
a winger - we have 4 available 5 if you count Dempsey as a possibility for LW
center back - 4 senior CB's already at the club the same number which the manager has been on record saying is his ideal number.

in my mind we're in for at least one striker and possibly a defensive midfielder more suited to covering Sandro. other than that id imagine it'll be signing young players with potential that come available at too good of a price to turn down, position not really important

think you'll be dissapointed mate if that's what you think we're after.

striker - will defo be in for one, if not two
left back - two at the club already, plus a rb and cb who can cover if need be
a winger - we have 4 available 5 if you count Dempsey as a possibility for LW
center back - 4 senior CB's already at the club the same number which the manager has been on record saying is his ideal number

I dont worry about how many we have for every position. What I want is players who can play. I want this club to win titles and be in the best competitions.

You seem to worry about numbers, but most of these are championship players.

I dont worry about how many we have for every position. What I want is players who can play. I want this club to win titles and be in the best competitions.

:ross: :ross:

Another classic

Very hard to judge this signing to be honest. You do get the feeling we got him because he was young and not too expensive. He clearly has trickery and can shoot.

What we need at the moment is players who can control and football. Footballers basically. However you rate them, the likes of Lennon, Dempsey, defoe, Siggurdson and Ade to name a few are well below par.

We need more skills, players who can... play.

The disruption would hurt us more that it would benefit us. It's typical Tottenham - 6 new players every year, revolution not evolution.

I'm gutted we got Chadli over someone creative like Bernard. But all we need now is to upgrade Defoe to Soldado and we're ready to go. This summer was always going to be just about 3 first 11 signings (CM, LF and CF) IMO.

Championship players?

Oh dear.. :lol:

when you have a limit on the amount of players you can have in a squad then you bet i worry about numbers.

Championship players? let's go through it shall we

left back - Rose & Ekotto - both proven premiership players, one proven good enough for a top 4 team (in that he played majority of games for a side finishing 4th on two separate occasions, the other has just finished his first full premiership season as a starter and impressed all but some very negative Spurs fans

wingers - Townsend, Chadli, Bale and Lennon - 3 players to have played and performed well in the Champions League and a prospect who has excited on loan in the premiership

center back - Kaboul Vertongen Dawson - championship level are they?

it's a wonder that with so many championship level players we have managed to consistently finish 4th/5th for the past 5 seasons or so

a shame we won't be seeing him in Hong Kong :(

We need to improve on the likes of Assou ekotto, Dawson, and Lennon. We need a striker and we dont know the level fitness of Kaboul.

At the end of next season we`ll again be wondering why we`re not in the CL. Bale has done everything this season. The rest cant really play.

there's more than one way to skin a cat.

two players of the four you mention i wouldn't expect to see start as first choice next season - Ekotto may suffer from the occasional brain fart but most definitely can play (whatever that means)

having one brute powerhouse defender (Kaboul) alongside a more composed footballing CB is a time worn way for successful teams to line themselves up, so am not sure what the problem there is

there's more than one way to skin a cat.

two players of the four you mention i wouldn't expect to see start as first choice next season - Ekotto may suffer from the occasional brain fart but most definitely can play (whatever that means)

having one brute powerhouse defender (Kaboul) alongside a more composed footballing CB is a time worn way for successful teams to line themselves up, so am not sure what the problem there is

Kaboul hasnt played for over a year... He will be ready to play for a team challenging for hnours at christmas at best.

The problem is some always wonder why we fail, while they want the same players who fail to stay and carry on playing.

professional footballers playing for a top 5 prem side can't play apparently.

i've heard it all.

some people don't consider us to be failing...

Behind Arsenal again, not in the CL, out of both national cups very very early, out of the uefa cup when we had a good chance against a team that was blown away by Chelsea...

Is that not failing? What is then?:lol:

failing would be not finishing where you should - since when have we been in a position to claim 4th as our minimum level when our rivals are all established in their positions and/or bankrolled?

we are succeeding in closing the gap and have been for several seasons now.

failing would be not finishing where you should - since when have we been in a position to claim 4th as our minimum level?

Since we have one of the best player in the world? The kind that come every 30 years... If we cant do it with him then we`ll never do it mate

Dont you think a side like Spurs should be doing better cup runs? not being thrashed 5-1 by chelsea like last season?

we should be doing better in the cups i agree but in the modern premiership era you can't be considering not winning a knock out trophy as a failure unless you're one of the top 4 (imv), that said we have had some poor runs although several semi's/quarters appearances also - do you factor those good runs in to your reasoning?

one player doesn't make a team and in no way gives us the right to be saying we should be finishing above teams which are rammed full of star quality (Arsenal aside, but they are a different kettle of fish)

we should be doing better in the cups i agree but in the modern premiership era you can't be considering not winning a knock out trophy as a failure unless you're one of the top 4 (imv), that said we have had some poor runs although several semi's/quarters appearances also - do you factor those good runs in to your reasoning?

one player doesn't make a team and in no way gives us the right to be saying we should be finishing above teams which are rammed full of star quality (Arsenal aside, but they are a different kettle of fish)

Errrrr which goes back to my point, lets replace ours with quality players :-k

Back