• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Don't know anything about him, but apparently he has been on Baldini's radar for a while so looks like Baldini's first signing. It's good to see us getting business done well before the season starts. Long may that continue!

BPtDamACEAAPEkf.jpg:large

One of them is a Spurs player, the others aren't.. :lol:

charlie, krunchie, billy, and suspended bassong..........good times

Almost 1 in 3 goal ratio... Great for a winger (dependent on the opposition admittedly).

I wonder if that kind of return could oust Lennon from the first XI.

Lennon is a match winner. Stats are every useful but don't give the whole picture. For example a team will put 3 men on Bale and one of other guys scores.

I really like Little Legs. I think he has a strong position in our squad.

Last edited:

BPtDamACEAAPEkf.jpg:large

One of them is a Spurs player, the others aren't.. :lol:

We have a habit of buying players who have done well against us before. Remember Gomes(PSV, 2008 UEFA Cup), Friedel(Blackburn, 2002 Worth.Cup) and Adebayor(for Arsenal). And Chadli scored his first ever Champions League goal against us in 2010. It is really surprising to see us signing him out of nowhere as the media failed to see that coming. Don't know much about him but hope Chadli will do better than the other players we bought after playing well against us.

We have a habit of buying players who have done well against us before. Remember Gomes(PSV, 2008 UEFA Cup), Friedel(Blackburn, 2002 Worth.Cup) and Adebayor(for Arsenal). And Chadli scored his first ever Champions League goal against us in 2010. It is really surprising to see us signing him out of nowhere as the media failed to see that coming. Don't know much about him but hope Chadli will do better than the other players we bought after playing well against us.

That is massively incorrect....

Excellent news, the type of player we desperately needed, easier to sign than Bernard and can be included in the squad straight away as well as being more suited to England physically. Soldado next please...

He was pretty good on my FM save if that counts for something.

I wasn't that keen before, especially when the 8-10m Euro/65k a week figures were banded around in the press. However, at 6-7m Euro and after doing a bit more research he looks a very good addition to a strong midfield.

Tall, quite fast, decent shot, assists as well. Another from the crop of very good young Belgian players. He seems composed and creative but most of all he is versatile. Plays in the middle for Belgium, right or left for Twente.

Perhaps this is a piece of the 4-3-3 puzzle - just lacking a middle man. Come on down Roberto Soldado, your time is now.

Andre Villas-Boas admits Tottenham Hotspur remain in the market for new recruits after striking a deal for Nacer Chadli.

Spurs have reached an agreement for Chadli with FC Twente and he will complete a move to England once personal terms have been agreed and a medical completed.

The Belgium international will become Spurs' second signing of the summer once he makes his way to White Hart Lane, with Paulinho having already been added to the ranks.

Villas-Boas was expected to be busy during the current window, after seeing Tottenham fall agonisingly short in a push for a top-four finish last season, and the Portuguese coach has revealed that he is hoping to add further competition for places.

"We will continue to do our market and we have not stopped yet, for sure," he said.

A striker is reported to be top of Villas-Boas' wish list, with Spurs seemingly well stocked for creativity in midfield.

Chadli has added to the wealth of playmaking talent, with his versatility in the final third making him a shrewd addition.

Villas-Boas said of the 23-year-old winger: "Chadli's a player we've been following for quite some time and we managed to strike a deal in the last few days.

"He's a player who is extremely versatile and can play in several positions up front. He played with tremendous success on the left for Twente as a winger and as an attacker for Belgium. We look forward to having him on board with us."

\o/

I wasn't that keen before, especially when the 8-10m Euro/65k a week figures were banded around in the press. However, at 6-7m Euro and after doing a bit more research he looks a very good addition to a strong midfield.

Tall, quite fast, decent shot, assists as well. Another from the crop of very good young Belgian players. He seems composed and creative but most of all he is versatile. Plays in the middle for Belgium, right or left for Twente.

Perhaps this is a piece of the 4-3-3 puzzle - just lacking a middle man. Come on down Roberto Soldado, your time is now.

I dont understand why people are talking about him as a midfielder(?). He's a winger/forward/attacker isnt he? I get the impression that his ideal role is one of the wide positions of a front 3 in a 4-3-3. From the clips I've seen of him, I cant see that we would ever play him in midfield

AVB on Nacer Chadli

[video=youtube;5PSTKfzP0I0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PSTKfzP0I0[/video]

nice one done in the dark by the club.
i wonder if the benteke deal was just a smokescreen?

chadli+lennon+townsend = both wings covered.
ade+defoe+bale+deuce = strikers covered
sandro + dembele + paulinho + parker = center mid covered.

we don't have to buy.

There's only one 'striker' in that list that I'd trust. Defoe and Adebayor are not good enough and need upgrading, and I see Dempsey as more of an attacking midfielder or coming off the bench option, rather than being classed as a main striker. I still think we need two top strikers added.

The former Twente winger possesses all the attributes to excel at White Hart Lane with Andre Villas-Boas' side having agreed a deal to sign the 23-year-old on Sunday

By Floris Koekenbier | Goal Netherlands

When news reached Tottenham fans that the club had completed the signing of a Belgium international, there would have been hope that their elusive search for a striker was over.

Although with Christian Benteke having penned a new contract at Aston Villa, it's winger Nacer Chadli, and not the powerful former Genk attacker, that joins the ever-growing list of Belgians at White Hart Lane.

Chadli arrives in north London for a bargain price of £6 million, a modest sum given Spurs signed him from FC Twente after refusing to pay the £21m asking price for Atletico Mineiro star Bernard.

Bernard is now being strongly linked with a move to Tottenham's great rivals Arsenal, while Chadli will link up with his new team-mates for the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong after Spurs quickly tied up the deal over the weekend.

NACER CHADLI'S CAREER STATS

TEAM YEAR APPS GLS
FC Twente 2010-13 84 25
AGOVV 2007-10 89 28
Belgium 2011- 14 2

So should the fact that Chadli appears a 'back-up' option cue disappointment for Spurs fans? Absolutely not. Just ask former manager Co Adriaanse who believes the 23-year-old has got everything in his locker.

"I have rarely seen such a complete player like Nacer," he commented. "I really do not know what he cannot do. Nacer is creative, strong, fast, has a great free kick and he turns excellently. Everything is beautiful in him, even his face."

A glowing endorsement, indeed.

While he's unlikely to hit Gareth Bale's devastatingly impressive figures from last term, Chadli is very much a goalscoring threat, as his 12 goals in 26 Eredivisie appearances during the 2012-13 campaign testifies.

He first arrived in Holland back in in 2005, joining MVV Maastricht as a youth player before moving on to another Dutch first division side AGOVV Apeldoorn two years later where, alongside Dries Mertens, who joined Napoli this summer, he was one of the key players in the squad.

It was in the summer of 2010 that Chadli made the move to the Eredivisie, an absolute steal for Twente who paid just under £350,000 to take him to the Enschede where he would quickly hit the heights and emerge as the revelation of the 2010-11 campaign.

It was in that season that he first caught Tottenham's attention, scoring twice against his future employers in the Champions League group stages, with the London club closely monitoring his progress ever since.

He also received his first call up for the Belgium national team, but with the likes of Eden Hazard, now club team-mate Mousa Dembele and the aforementioned Mertens, he is yet to really assert himself on the international scene having made just 14 appearances and scoring two goals.

Other than possessing a goalscoring touch, Chadli is equally adept at laying on chances for his team-mates and, if he reaches full speed, there are not many defenders that are capable of keeping pace with him.

A right-footed winger that prefers operating on the left but can also play in the No.10 role, Chadli will provide versatility and options for manager Andre Villas-Boas and will be comfortable adapting to different roles in varying formations.

Aaron Lennon's injury-hit season struck Spurs particularly hard in 2012-13, with Bale's brilliance being stretched to the limit and no obvious replacement for the England winger, the likes of Clint Dempsey and Gylfi Sigurdsson were often forced to play out of position which resulted in a slowing of the tempo and narrow wide play.

While Chadli will be desperate to be more than just Lennon's back-up, his addition certainly strengthens that area of the squad and will give Villas-Boas the freedom to deploy Bale in a more advanced, central role.

The winger, though, went vocal with his displeasure at being played out of position while at Twente, insisting he was only keen to play on the left-hand side or in the No.10 role.

However, if he can overcome the injury problems that blighted his last campaign with Twente, Spurs certainly look to have signed a player that is ready to be the Premier League's latest Belgian success story.

Back