• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

You are over simplifying this here.

Take it from the point of view of the player (and more importantly his agent). Let's just say for arguments sake that the player is currently on £20k a week at Ajax and Spurs had an £8 million fee agreed for the player and then offered the player £50k a week wages. Over a 5 year contract that is a cost to Spurs of £21 million.

If the player waits for a year and goes on a Bosman then that same £21 million package equates to £80k a week all going to the player (and agent). Theoretically the player is accepting £30k a week less for one year to then earn an extra £30k a week for 5 years thereafter.

What typically happens in this scenario is that the agent starts negotiating a deal based around that £80k a week. The selling club then often have to compromise in terms of the transfer fee demanded.

The default position in this scenario is always the buying club saying: "We can sign this player on a pre-contract deal for free in 6 months time. You then have an un-interested player for a further six months that you are paying £20k a week for".

Of course in the case of Erickson it seems slightly different as he has stated that he wouldn't want Ajax not to profit from his sale. However that is very rare in this day and age of agents trying to maximise revenue for their clients (and probably, more importantly, themselves).

yes i understand what you are saying and thats why at the beginning of the post i said that each deal has to be looked at individually. i used Eriksen as an example exactly because he seems like a decent guy and he doesnt want to shaft Ajax, apparently he is not asking for mega wages from his new club, and is wanting to move to the right club where he maximises his football potential. He has even said that if he doesnt move this summer, he is willing to extend his contract with Ajax so that they will receive a good fee in the future. I hope he and his agent are being honest. it would make a refreshing change

I know, not sure I was, certainly seems to be the making of a far more physically imposing Spurs team that I can ever recall.

I wonder is this by design or just how it's turned out though?

I think size is less important (or at least that's what the missus told me) than it used to be. The best team on the planet has only a few 6 footers and loads of midgets. Defense through possession.

I wonder is this by design or just how it's turned out though?

I think size is less important (or at least that's what the missus told me) than it used to be. The best team on the planet has only a few 6 footers and loads of midgets. Defense through possession.

The blueprint has been made to defeat this now. Bayern specifically showed it can be done, followed by Brazil.

:ross:

but this is what happens to us every year. we refuse to pay a little bit extra for a player. If we really want Chadli we'd pay it, Baldini or AVB would know exactly what type of player he is and how he could improve our squad as a whole, if he's as good as they think then surely the extra bit of cash should be paid? fudge what Levy wants, if AVB wants it for his team that he thinks can challenge, then fudging pay it.

We only know what the papers tell us, we know nothing about what was the exact cause of any failed negotiation. Every time we overpay for someone we risk not being able to spend on someone else later or being stuck with a dud we can't get rid of. It's amazing we managed to get our money back on some of our players, ie. Darren Bent.

:ross:

but this is what happens to us every year. we refuse to pay a little bit extra for a player. If we really want Chadli we'd pay it, Baldini or AVB would know exactly what type of player he is and how he could improve our squad as a whole, if he's as good as they think then surely the extra bit of cash should be paid? fudge what Levy wants, if AVB wants it for his team that he thinks can challenge, then fudging pay it.

do you think other clubs go straight in and pay what the asking price is for every transfer they make? do you think we're the only club unable to make certain deals happen because of a break down in negotiations?

this is how transfers work

do you think other clubs go straight in and pay what the asking price is for every transfer they make? do you think we're the only club unable to make certain deals happen because of a break down in negotiations?

Exactly. Overpay on one player and you set a dangerous precedent if the player then fails. "Oh look!" the chairmen across Europe will cry, "Here comes Levy, what a schmuck!". We will end up like Liverpool, spending 35 million on Carroll just to get the deal done quickly.

not at all. but I do think Levy is a bit tight in the fact that if we were in weeks of negotiations only to fall flat because we wouldn't pay £500k or an extra £1m then it's pathetic. None of us obviously know where we were up to with Moutinho last season but weren't the rumours that we didn't want to pay an extra few million or something?

He scored a great free kick against us. I remember that. Physically looked strong.. and not your usual Lennon, Walcott midget flyer.. probably more like Liverpool winger Albert Riera or dare I say Bale in terms of physique.

not wrong

BO106PLCMAARmj9.jpg

The guy in talkbrick says he a centre midfielder but I can only see him playing in a front 3 for us unless we're playing 4-5-1....

But at this price it's worth a go. I'd love Tom Ince who plays in a similar position and style but Chadli is more experienced, more proven and marginally cheaper. Bit of a no brainer if we want this type of player

so how do you pronounce his first name???? nay-ser or nack-er or nature.......

for cheering him on purposes if he joins!:eek:

The guy in talkbrick says he a centre midfielder but I can only see him playing in a front 3 for us unless we're playing 4-5-1....

But at this price it's worth a go. I'd love Tom Ince who plays in a similar position and style but Chadli is more experienced, more proven and marginally cheaper. Bit of a no brainer if we want this type of player

Chadders is about twice the size of Ince too....seems AVB is going for power over finesse

Back