• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

i thought the same until last season...

:lol:

we still created, some people just tend to have a hard time believing it because we didnt have someone like Modric in our team.

Part of me thinks we should scrap a striker (considering our main options of Villa and Benteke are now gone) and just splash cash on Lamela now and just have all three interchanging, Chadli, Bale and Lamela. Add to that Paulinho in behind them scoring goals and a solid two of Dembele and Sandro in the middle. fudge a striker.

dunno if it's been pointed out but i see he's another doing the hand/heart celebration - maybe Spurs have created the gesture as a come and get me plea for players across the world as to avoid tapping up? :p

why dont you wait until you see them. I have a hard time believing a group of very very talented professional footballers can't create anything :lol:

Sandro - tackle
Dembele - dribble
Paulinho - run
Bale - shoot
Chadli - shoot
Soldado - shoot

we still created, some people just tend to have a hard time believing it because we didnt have someone like Modric in our team.

Part of me thinks we should scrap a striker (considering our main options of Villa and Benteke are now gone) and just splash cash on Lamela now and just have all three interchanging, Chadli, Bale and Lamela. Add to that Paulinho in behind them scoring goals and a solid two of Dembele and Sandro in the middle. fudge a striker.

I agree, We created plenty of chances people seem to forget the number of times Bale, lennon, Walket etc got to the byline and put an inch perfect cross in to the 6yd - penalty spot area only for our strikers to not bother moving.

Creating chances isn't only about tippy-tappy football around the edge of the area for Messi to slot the perfect ball through the defence.

Sandro - tackle
Dembele - dribble
Paulinho - run
Bale - shoot
Chadli - shoot
Soldado - shoot

because I suppose none of them can pass a ball.

What does "creativity" get us then that we don't already have? Will it bring us more goals? Are City a creative team, we scored the exact same amount of goals as them last season?

I agree, We created plenty of chances people seem to forget the number of times Bale, lennon, Walket etc got to the byline and put an inch perfect cross in to the 6yd - penalty spot area only for our strikers to not bother moving.

Creating chances isn't only about tippy-tappy football around the edge of the area for Messi to slot the perfect ball through the defence.

Exactly!

We waste too many chances but when we do other players who created the oppertunity don't get enough credit. I remember a few games last season where we would have about 25+ shots in a game and end up scoring 1. I think Stoke away was one of them I might be wrong though.

Swindon the other day too. We had something like 20+ shots against them, none went in. Some people tend to think you have to have someone who can split a defence open EVERY game is what determined creativity when that isn't true. Plus, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Bale etc. have all provided them passes last season yet probably get overlooked because they're just a "shot" person.

Sigurdsson will play a big part next season. I expect us to start season with a midfield three of sig Sandro and paulinho

i think next season we will play who we feel can cause damage to our opposition. If we need a solid base like against Man Utd for example, I could see us with Dembele/Sandro/Paulinho as Dembele seems to be Man Utds kryptonite.

If we need a bit of "CREATIVITY" theres that word again :lol: then Siggy could come in against the likes of Stoke

hilarious ain't it :lol:

I suppose Benteke would have given us that creativity we so DESPERATELY need.

He's more creative than Soldado, but I was referring more to the signing of Chadli rather than someone like Bernard.

He's more creative than Soldado, but I was referring more to the signing of Chadli rather than someone like Bernard.

who says we can't sign both? It's a squad game. Chadli is cheap, he seems like a cheap option to allow us more money for other targets. Bernard £20m - Chadli - £5m.. the rest on a striker

That is if the rumours that we have £50 are true :lol:

who says we can't sign both? It's a squad game. Chadli is cheap, he seems like a cheap option to allow us more money for other targets. Bernard £20m - Chadli - £5m.. the rest on a striker

That is if the rumours that we have £50 are true :lol:

Because this is a recurring theme.

AVB: I really want Moutinho
Levy: Here's Dembele

AVB: I really want Willian
Levy: Here's Dempsey

AVB: I really want Bernard
Levy: Here's Chadli

Sigurdsson will play a big part next season. I expect us to start season with a midfield three of sig Sandro and paulinho

apart from certain games where we'll be putting the first 3 together (top 4 away etc) i think it'll be two of : Sandro Paulhino Dembele, alongside one of : Carroll Holtby Sigurdsson.

think the more 'creative' 3 are all on quite a level footing atm and whoever impresses most on the training pitch/in games will get the nod - hopefully the competition will be good for all 3

Because this is a recurring theme.

AVB: I really want Moutinho
Levy: Here's Dembele

AVB: I really want Willian
Levy: Here's Dempsey

AVB: I really want Bernard
Levy: Here's Chadli

So instead of a very overrated Moutinho we got a great proven Premier League midfielder in Dembele?
Instead of an overpriced Brazilian from the Ukrainian league we got a proven Prem goalscorer in Dempsey for over half the price?
Instead of Bernard whos proven in the Brazilian league we could be getting a Champions League level player in Chadli for over half the price?

Probably not that it means much as I suppose you have your favourties and won't get players a chance, de Boer said Chadli was the best player in the Dutch league. I think I'd rather believe what he sees than an ITK who got Benteke wrong, poor guy.

Back