• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Muchasos Kneejerkos

Yossarian

Steve Hodge
Muchachos Kneejerkos

Politely...

Man the **** up peeps!

Reading the garbage posted on this forum in the past couple of hours reminds why we get so much abuse from other teams' support.

I'm assuming that we are all stunned and delighted by the decisive action taken by the Board as far as strengthening the squad is concerned.

To be fair, we either support the project, or we don't.

Time to nail our colours to the mast, or not.

Personally, having supported Spurs for 43 years, I am gobsmacked at the sheer ambition being displayed by the board. I would not have thought it possible.

Keep the mindset positive, would be my advice.

Come On You Spurs!

Last edited:
Worrying that we have created **** all in the 3 league games. I'm hoping a change of personal an tactics will put it right.

I'm all for positivity, although I haven't seen as much kneejerking on here as we've seen at times in the past.

Loads of reasons to be excited about this season, I won't start to list them all as it would take too long :)

Come on you Spurs. Onwards and upwards.

I predict we will all be feeling very different in a months time. I for one though am hugely optimistic.

Gutted for Capoue. But a chance for Sandro and even Dembele to drop a deeper CM position where he is more comfortable.

-----------Sandro---Paulinho/Dembele--------------
Lamela---------------Eriksen-----------------Lennon
-----------------------Soldado------------------------

We will hopefully be fantastic to watch.

Re: Muchachod Kneejerkos

I'm all for positivity, although I haven't seen as much kneejerking on here as we've seen at times in the past.

Loads of reasons to be excited about this season, I won't start to list them all as it would take too long :)

Come on you Spurs. Onwards and upwards.
:p

We'll be fine guys. We've seen what doesn't work, AVB and his staff with have 2 weeks to toy with tactics/formations and push on from there. Also no telling what last minute buys Levy will sanction so patience and perspective are needed.

We'll be fine guys. We've seen what doesn't work, AVB and his staff with have 2 weeks to toy with tactics/formations and push on from there. Also no telling what last minute buys Levy will sanction so patience and perspective are needed.

Correct!

I think people are just disappointed that we didn't show more in the match today. There has been a lot of hype going into the match from various quarters about the money being spent, the quality of players we were bringing in etc etc and today we gave a pretty lackluster performance of ourselves in response. Personally i would have liked us to make a statement today but the match was too soon.

I see no reason to disagree about those that have concerns about creativity and despite having the majority of the possession today we just didn't look like causing them lot any problems at all.

That being said it is early days, all teams except Liverpool have dropped points and i don't think there is one team of those that we are going to be competing with who havent shown some weakness. No-one looks standout. There's a lot to be excited about, we have a solid base to work from, i can't see us getting battered at all this season and now just need to work out our attack and we will be an imposing team.

Today was a reality check although i don't think there has been many getting to carried away anyway.

We haven't created much in the past three PL games. That is a fact. We played badly against Arsenal. That is a fact. We will improve: that is a fact.

All these facts can co-exist, you know. People can acknowledge that we played badly and at the same time still believe that we will improve as the season progresses.

Why must criticism immediately be labeled knee-jerking or persistent negativity? That is a more pertinent question. No one's suggesting AVB be sacked, Levy resign or Bale be sued for breach of contract as he jets off to Madrid: all I see is people admitting we played badly. Must that also be classed as knee-jerking? To what extent, then, will 'knee-jerking' go? Will giving players less than a 9.5 in a match rating thread be described as knee-jerking?

I have full faith in our coaches, manager, chairman, tea lady and so on.

We will get it right and WE WILL look back at this window as the birth of something beautiful.

My colours are too the mast....we will be successful in the future and I am 100% behind what we are doing......As supporters the best we can do is make WHL a cauldron and be a little patient while our new players bed in.......

Here's to a lilywhite future.

We haven't created much in the past three PL games. That is a fact. We played badly against Arsenal. That is a fact. We will improve: that is a fact.

All these facts can co-exist, you know. People can acknowledge that we played badly and at the same time still believe that we will improve as the season progresses.

Why must criticism immediately be labeled knee-jerking or persistent negativity? That is a more pertinent question. No one's suggesting AVB be sacked, Levy resign or Bale be sued for breach of contract as he jets off to Madrid: all I see is people admitting we played badly. Must that also be classed as knee-jerking? To what extent, then, will 'knee-jerking' go? Will giving players less than a 9.5 in a match rating thread be described as knee-jerking?

we didnt play badly against arsenal at all. so what you claim to be a fact is infact not a fact...and that is a fact. fact..LOL

personally i was very encouraged with that game

you are spot on with your assessment but you are clever enough to realise we will take a little time to gel.....agreed we played like a bunch of strangers today...but we will improve.

I would never call you a kneejerker Dubai because you actually back up your points with reasoned argument......there will always be those who take defeat to badly and perhaps don't see the bigger picture.

We will be creative, we will score goals, we will be damn hard to beat.

While I must admit I was quite ****ed by our performance.. I remind myself that we lost by 1 at the fmerates with a squad who has been playing together for all of (checking my watch) 1 month?

We just signed one of the most creative young players in Europe, another one who's the "Argentinian Ronaldo" and we've got Holtby returning from injury. Also, though they've only played together for a few weeks Rose and Chadli are showing really good understanding together. Our creativity will come. Of that I am sure.

The fact remains that over the course of the year injuries will come and by all means our squad is twice as deep as l'****. We are prepared to challenge on multiple levels, but it will of course take a few games to gel together.

we didnt play badly against arsenal at all. so what you claim to be a fact is infact not a fact...and that is a fact. fact..LOL

personally i was very encouraged with that game

We lost 1-0, with everyone acknowledging our goalkeeper as our best performer and with us mustering 4 shots on target, and with Sczenzny having to make a grand total of 1 good save. And that was from a deflected Defoe volley from outside the box.

That's a good performance??

Here's one bit of knee-jerkery I'm happy to indulge in: Lamela's cameo - 7 or 8 touches - oozed with class.

you are spot on with your assessment but you are clever enough to realise we will take a little time to gel.....agreed we played like a bunch of strangers today...but we will improve.

I would never call you a kneejerker Dubai because you actually back up your points with reasoned argument......there will always be those who take defeat to badly and perhaps don't see the bigger picture.

We will be creative, we will score goals, we will be damn hard to beat.

Amen to that. Some glorious, sunny spring day, the creaking old Jumbotron at the Lane will read 'TOTTENHAM PREMIER LEAGUE WINNERS 20__ - 20__', and you, me and everyone else on this forum will either be drunk out of our minds or running nude down the streets wrapped in nothing but a giant Spurs flag. :) The beautiful thing is that the team we have now can actually achieve that given just a couple of additions and plenty of time to gel. But we do need to play better than we did today, that's all.

why are people even saying we played badly? cause we didnt create 10 clear cut chances for solly?

Bang on.

The knee-jerking is absurd.

Today was about details, as these games tend to be, and the details which cost us (IMHO) are the same ones which nearly cost us last week. We will see a left-back come in I suspect...

We need to integrate Lamela/Ericsson in the hole behind Soldado, and we need to liven up our wide play. I certainly hope people can now see why we need Lennon (he would've been great today) and the early out-ball needs to be quicker. I felt we simply saw what happens when too many new players are thrust this early in the season into a game of this intensity away from home. Dembele is adapting to a different role (looked a bit lost at times for sure) and Paulinho needs to push up a little higher like he did second-half. Capoue was unlucky with the injury, but Sandro made a big difference to my eyes. I think Lamela looks like he will really be a player when he finds his feet, and rumor remains abundant that more is coming in. Will AVB get his Hulk? Who knows.

I am pretty calm all told. IMO people need to chill...

Back