• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Muchasos Kneejerkos

On the one hand, I think Arsenal were a little fearful of us in that they didn't want to press us high and dominate the ball.

On the other hand, they knew we didn't have much in the way of a killer pass. so they were happy (particularly being 1-0 up from fairly early on) to let us have the ball.

a 0-1 defeat at Arsenal is no disgrace. Some of our players were off the pace today and we were missing the creative players that we signed (ok, Lamela came on as sub, but he couldn't really get into the game at that point).

If we go and play like a bunch of limp d1cks v Norwich, I'll start to worry. But I don't think that will happen. We just need to focus on beating th teams that we "should" beat, and I think we have signed enough talent to do that.

the park the bus thing is something braineclipse came up with...allegedly its when you get people behind the ball and focus more on a counter game

arsenal are counter punchers, and they have been ding that since wenger has been there. they create clear cut chances..thats what happens with chemistry and continuity and a style of play drilled in from the academy up to the senior level...they create these chances against everyone BAR NONE..as bayern munich found out, and reeal and barca and unitefd and chelsea

at least now i know you dont really know much about counter attacking technical teams... you think that because someone parks the bus like they did then there is no chance of them slicing you through with incisive passes , good transition movment and player attacking spaces / zones? give me a break.

possession for me and making a possesion based team focus almost entirely on their counter attacking compartment means we owned those fools in their ground , yes.....we did. we just dont know how to close but then again....anyone with their eyes on a game plan would know this was to be an issue when you buy players to win the midfield BATTLE ...not finese display..a midfield battle...which shock horror they actually did.....and yet have no real creativity....a few of us spotted that issue. maybe you were one of those people that thought movement would solve most of our creative issues i dont know..but i sure as hell didnt....

so all it comes down to is that we didnt create clear cut chances...even though we did create a few, but never mind that...everything else seems like its brushed under the rug like it doesnt matter a lick ....because we lost 1 nil and didnt create chances

it isnt treason to say that we played bad. it is to knoee jerk it in there when its totally bogus

did they run rings round us all day? NO
did they make us camp out in our own half? Nope
did they have more of the ball than us and come wave after wave of attack while we scuppered for our lives? nope
did they cause is to lose the ball so often and make us look like we couldnt pass 2 balls together? no they did not

quite frankly a lot of criteria which would make it that a team plays ****e just doesnt apply to us IMV. in which case i think it totally wrong that we were **** today

I agree with most of this. I think it's the final area AVB is fine-tuning. It's why he wanted Willian, it's why he got Lamela and Ericsson and it's why he'd love Mata...he needs a lock-picker. He needed a summer to bed one in, and that's what leave such a sour taste with regards to Bale, because at the start of pre-season it was all good until those ****ers moved the goalposts. It force AVB to get busy, and alas, he has not quite had the time...but it will come when these players are bedded in...I still think Paulinho could've deployed higher up the pitch first-half, and when Sandro is back in regular starting mode, we will see that and it will bear fruit. Probably the thing which hurt us the most today IMO (apart from some defensive blundering) was Dembele looking lost in the first-half. But these are details I expect a manager of AVB's abilities to address/be addressing, so as such, I see a helluva lot of positives and a bright future ahead for this club and this season!

well to be fair steff i could have done to but on some cocaine and a few weeks in las vegas.

As for the players jesus they will take time to gel. Im more worried about dembele who seems to have gone backwards, i will give him a few more months but im starting to get a bad feeling about him.

Yes, I have to agree, Dembele looked lost today...it was something which caught my eye early...as for the first bit, would you need the coke and weeks in Vegas to get your judgement on players aligned, or would the entire budget be spent on coke and weeks in Vegas?

60/40 possesion...large chunks of the game iy was 65/35 possesion....lions share of the pitch in our favour on average......successfully pressed a superior passing team into a counter attacking game....got in behind their defensive line several times via flank play...had like just 2 decent efforts less than the opposition...won the midfield battle

but because we didnt create enough clear cut chances away from home against top 4 contenders then all that means nowt and we were ****. even though the set up of our team has always pointed to this style of play since avb has been here from day one...win the midfield and overpower them and use the flanks to create....which is what our flank people did to the best of their ability

i'm wasting my breath on this thing. totally rubbish

Nope, you're not wasting breath, I agree with you mate...fine tuning...

For me yesterday just lacked passion! There were no tackles flying in, there was no apparent (not that I saw anyway) urgency and desire to 1) win the ball back and 2) to get forwards, we just looked too static. I think as everyone can see we have the raw quality there now, but for me our performance just lacked conviction, but this will come when the team starts to gel I suppose!

I thought we looked a very powerful team but a work in progress. We'll tonk some teams once we click I hope.

Big concern is obviously the lack of a killer pass. Lamela or Eriksen will hopefully remedy that. I also thought we were very, very ropey at the back. We defended very high and I think Wenger cleverly sat knowing they could hit us effectively on the counter. It didn't help that, defending that high, we didn't defend as a unit. We were all over the shop. Dawson was absolutely dreadful but Verts wasn't too much better. Some teams will really exploit that if we don't sort it out.

As for Hugo...more proof that he's the best keeper in the league for me. We need CL or he'll be off soon I fear.

I can see this going either way to be honest. We were poor for large chunks of last season and Bale got us out of jail. Without him, or a player of his class, we could struggle badly this year. Then again, I saw the seeds of a very powerful team today which, with some fine tuning, could compete with anyone. I'm gonna take the glass half full approach.

Would have liked big bad Ade in there at the end. I appreciate he was woeful for most of last year but if May Ade showed up he could have turned the game on its head. And finished with a slide in front of Wenger

the park the bus thing is something braineclipse came up with...allegedly its when you get people behind the ball and focus more on a counter game

arsenal are counter punchers, and they have been ding that since wenger has been there. they create clear cut chances..thats what happens with chemistry and continuity and a style of play drilled in from the academy up to the senior level...they create these chances against everyone BAR NONE..as bayern munich found out, and reeal and barca and unitefd and chelsea

at least now i know you dont really know much about counter attacking technical teams... you think that because someone parks the bus like they did then there is no chance of them slicing you through with incisive passes , good transition movment and player attacking spaces / zones? give me a break.

possession for me and making a possesion based team focus almost entirely on their counter attacking compartment means we owned those fools in their ground , yes.....we did. we just dont know how to close but then again....anyone with their eyes on a game plan would know this was to be an issue when you buy players to win the midfield BATTLE ...not finese display..a midfield battle...which shock horror they actually did.....and yet have no real creativity....a few of us spotted that issue. maybe you were one of those people that thought movement would solve most of our creative issues i dont know..but i sure as hell didnt....

so all it comes down to is that we didnt create clear cut chances...even though we did create a few, but never mind that...everything else seems like its brushed under the rug like it doesnt matter a lick ....because we lost 1 nil and didnt create chances

it isnt treason to say that we played bad. it is to knoee jerk it in there when its totally bogus

did they run rings round us all day? NO
did they make us camp out in our own half? Nope
did they have more of the ball than us and come wave after wave of attack while we scuppered for our lives? nope
did they cause is to lose the ball so often and make us look like we couldnt pass 2 balls together? no they did not

quite frankly a lot of criteria which would make it that a team plays ****e just doesnt apply to us IMV. in which case i think it totally wrong that we were **** today

I agree almost in entirety here. One small point though, I'm pretty sure when the goons played Barca it's the one match I ever saw when a professional football team didn't even take a shot. In fact, the goons got their panties pulled down that night and didn't even notice properly until they got home.

what a thoroughly depressing weekend, the Bale and Ozil moves have been the icing on the cake, even though we knew it was done and that they would probably sign someone the 2 of them and the insipid defeat packaged together have steamrollered the positive feeling from last week

the only ray of sunshine from behind the clouds is that united dropped points as well

I could've spent £50m much better than we have on Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado.

Me too.

£42m for 3 months continuous pleasure with Mila Kunis and Zooey Deschanel. £8m 'performance' related add-ons over the course of the contract.

based on yesterday's performance i think we weren't ready yet but we'll have enough quality to whack them at the lane.

Back