• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Muchasos Kneejerkos

Mmm-hmm. On the one hand you acknowledge that Arsenal are adept at creating clear-cut chances against most teams, and that every keeper playing against them will have a hard time. Then you say they parked the bus. Lloris had a hard time, saving a lot of shots, having to tackle Walcott outside the area, grabbing the ball literally centimetres from him about twenty minutes later, and coming out to stop Arsenal's players getting a clear shot on goal so often that at one point he almost caught the ball outside the area in his haste to grab it before Rosicky got to it.

Now, they created an awful lot of clear cut chances for a team that 'parked the bus', as you put it. And if you think 'well, they counter-attacked, that proves we had them on the back foot!' then I can only point out that our possession didn't stop them creating chances one bit.What does that say about our dominance? Our imperiousness in this game? Does possession equal dominance, in your eyes? Even if almost all that possession was on the half-way line? And as for a decent number of shots on goal, Soldado's shot had three players in front of it, plus a ready Sczceny, so I don't count that as a glaring miss, and most of our shots came from outside the area, which is utterly useless considering that our best long-range shooter just gleefully hopped on a plane to Madrid and we need to adapt our tactics to acknowledge that.

We did not play well, mate. It isn't treason to ackowledge that, nor overly negative to focus on the things we did wrong when the majority of the game involved us doing things wrong. A million wasted crosses into the box, 95 percent possession on the half-way line, Lloris saving ten thousand shots....all these things will not win us games. I believe AVB knows that, and I believe he's as disappointed in our performance today as I am. We will get better, and one day very soon you will legitimately be able to call me out for being a sour, overly negative bastard when I criticise our performances in games. :D But right now, I find it extremely hard to convince myself that you're being serious in asserting that we had a good day at the office in any way ,shape or form, unless you count Tony Parks' pride at seeing his coaching work pay off as a plus.

the park the bus thing is something braineclipse came up with...allegedly its when you get people behind the ball and focus more on a counter game

arsenal are counter punchers, and they have been ding that since wenger has been there. they create clear cut chances..thats what happens with chemistry and continuity and a style of play drilled in from the academy up to the senior level...they create these chances against everyone BAR NONE..as bayern munich found out, and reeal and barca and unitefd and chelsea

at least now i know you dont really know much about counter attacking technical teams... you think that because someone parks the bus like they did then there is no chance of them slicing you through with incisive passes , good transition movment and player attacking spaces / zones? give me a break.

possession for me and making a possesion based team focus almost entirely on their counter attacking compartment means we owned those fools in their ground , yes.....we did. we just dont know how to close but then again....anyone with their eyes on a game plan would know this was to be an issue when you buy players to win the midfield BATTLE ...not finese display..a midfield battle...which shock horror they actually did.....and yet have no real creativity....a few of us spotted that issue. maybe you were one of those people that thought movement would solve most of our creative issues i dont know..but i sure as hell didnt....

so all it comes down to is that we didnt create clear cut chances...even though we did create a few, but never mind that...everything else seems like its brushed under the rug like it doesnt matter a lick ....because we lost 1 nil and didnt create chances

it isnt treason to say that we played bad. it is to knoee jerk it in there when its totally bogus

did they run rings round us all day? NO
did they make us camp out in our own half? Nope
did they have more of the ball than us and come wave after wave of attack while we scuppered for our lives? nope
did they cause is to lose the ball so often and make us look like we couldnt pass 2 balls together? no they did not

quite frankly a lot of criteria which would make it that a team plays ****e just doesnt apply to us IMV. in which case i think it totally wrong that we were **** today

Re: Muchachos Kneejerkos

Politely...

Man the **** up peeps!

Reading the garbage posted on this forum in the past couple of hours reminds why we get so much abuse from other teams' support.

I'm assuming that we are all stunned and delighted by the decisive action taken by the Board as far as strengthening the squad is concerned.

To be fair, we either support the project, or we don't.

Time to nail our colours to the mast, or not.

Personally, having supported Spurs for 43 years, I am gobsmacked at the sheer ambition being displayed by the board. I would not have thought it possible.

Keep the mindset positive, would be my advice.

Come On You Spurs!

I stopped reading at the bold bit, i aint supporting any project im not a ****ing Emirates Marketing Project fan bull**** projects ****.

Im a spurs fan and support this club i am not bothered by today we need time to gel, i do not really care about other clubs, the is always one so cool great ubber fan at the start of every season who likes to tell the rest of the fans how great they are by ****ging them off and telling them to man up and get behind the team.

Personally i always let it go, but this time using terms like the project the PROJECT oh ****ing no sunshine.

Go on...just for fun...

well to be fair steff i could have done to but on some cocaine and a few weeks in las vegas.

As for the players jesus they will take time to gel. Im more worried about dembele who seems to have gone backwards, i will give him a few more months but im starting to get a bad feeling about him.

We were no less penetrative (is that a word?) today than we were most of last season, but we have no Bale to save us with a wonder goal from distance anymore. So in terms of creativity we are where we were, but with noone there to paper over the cracks. Soldado will not create much (or perhaps indeed anything) for himself, so we need a system AND players that are able to VERY quickly turn a defensive or seemingly deadlocked situation into a threat.

Modric used to do that for us, and we have not replaced him yet. Or have we? I desperately want to believe that Lamela and Eriksen can do what Modric did (or more), but we'll just have to wait and see. I have greater faith in Eriksen than Lamela, and let's not forget Holtby either.

As for losing at the Emirates? That's just how life works.

60/40 possesion...large chunks of the game iy was 65/35 possesion....lions share of the pitch in our favour on average......successfully pressed a superior passing team into a counter attacking game....got in behind their defensive line several times via flank play...had like just 2 decent efforts less than the opposition...won the midfield battle

but because we didnt create enough clear cut chances away from home against top 4 contenders then all that means nowt and we were ****. even though the set up of our team has always pointed to this style of play since avb has been here from day one...win the midfield and overpower them and use the flanks to create....which is what our flank people did to the best of their ability

i'm wasting my breath on this thing. totally rubbish

so all it comes down to is that we didnt create clear cut chances...even though we did create a few, but never mind that...everything else seems like its brushed under the rug like it doesnt matter a lick ....because we lost 1 nil and didnt create chances

If this is the case then perhaps it's a question of expectations.

We weren't particularly good at creating clear cut chances against teams that defended deep (avoiding the previous bus parking dicsussion ;)) last season either, one of our stand out weaknesses I would say.

We looked better against Swansea I thought, where we created quite a few chances.

To expect us to continue that improvement away against an Arsenal team growing in form and confidence after they got an early goal might be too much to ask at this point.

If that can be accepted then it's more a question of terminology imo, at least as far as the posts from the very reasonable Dubai is concerned.

1. This wasn't good enough. Thus it's a bad performance. I expect that to improve significantly as the season progresses.

2. This was more or less as expected. Thus it's a pretty decent performance. I expect us to improve significantly on these things as the season progresses.

More or less the same statements perhaps?

Oh and to the mods can you stop this arsenal **** posting on here seriously. I do not go on others team sites and do not expect their fans on here unless they behave like greg and even that city one makes an attempt to be decent.

I predict we will all be feeling very different in a months time. I for one though am hugely optimistic.

Gutted for Capoue. But a chance for Sandro and even Dembele to drop a deeper CM position where he is more comfortable.

-----------Sandro---Paulinho/Dembele--------------
Lamela---------------Eriksen-----------------Lennon
-----------------------Soldado------------------------

We will hopefully be fantastic to watch.

Agree with that line-up. Eriksen will add a lot to the team and having Lamela and Lennon out wide, switching roles, will be tough for defences to handle

60/40 possesion...large chunks of the game iy was 65/35 possesion....lions share of the pitch in our favour on average......successfully pressed a superior passing team into a counter attacking game....got in behind their defensive line several times via flank play...had like just 2 decent efforts less than the opposition...won the midfield battle

but because we didnt create enough clear cut chances away from home against top 4 contenders then all that means nowt and we were ****. even though the set up of our team has always pointed to this style of play since avb has been here from day one...win the midfield and overpower them and use the flanks to create....which is what our flank people did to the best of their ability

Totally agree with you man.

In professional football, any team that has men behind the ball will not give much space to the opposition and they will struggle to create clear cut chances. To go to a top 4 rival at their place, of course it's going to be even harder to fashion the clear cut chances.

To force a fancy possession, pressing team into their half for large periods of the game...I can't believe more people aren't acknowledging this and think it was just pointless sideways passing. It doesn't happen by accident. It happens because we are a good team. It will get swept under the rug today and tomorrow because Arsenal got the result but over the season it will show.

I stopped reading at the bold bit, i aint supporting any project im not a ****ing Emirates Marketing Project fan bull**** projects ****.

Im a spurs fan and support this club i am not bothered by today we need time to gel, i do not really care about other clubs, the is always one so cool great ubber fan at the start of every season who likes to tell the rest of the fans how great they are by ****ging them off and telling them to man up and get behind the team.

Personally i always let it go, but this time using terms like the project the PROJECT oh ****ing no sunshine.

Hahahaha! I knew it would take something special to get the big beasts involved on a Sunday night. Entirely post ironic don'tchaknow? :)

I could've spent £50m much better than we have on Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado.

Soldado is a class goalscorer - he needs the ammo though!

Given the rebuilding which we've done and the fact that most players were sign either less than a week before the season start or after, then 6 points from the first 3 is a perfectly acceptable return

Totally agree with you man.

In professional football, any team that has men behind the ball will not give much space to the opposition and they will struggle to create clear cut chances. To go to a top 4 rival at their place, of course it's going to be even harder to fashion the clear cut chances.

To force a fancy possession, pressing team into their half for large periods of the game...I can't believe more people aren't acknowledging this and think it was just pointless sideways passing. It doesn't happen by accident. It happens because we are a good team. It will get swept under the rug today and tomorrow because Arsenal got the result but over the season it will show.

Thanks Affy and Levy!

Chin High, puff chest we step right to it, the point is there is no point but to pursue it!

Nothing wrong today. Not only did Eriksen and Lamela (practically) sit this one out but also no Lennon. Three players who could create chances galore

Whenever someone talks about "the project" I unconsciously add an s to the end if it's not already there and think of the Wire.

I predict we will all be feeling very different in a months time. I for one though am hugely optimistic.

Gutted for Capoue. But a chance for Sandro and even Dembele to drop a deeper CM position where he is more comfortable.

-----------Sandro---Paulinho/Dembele--------------
Lamela---------------Eriksen-----------------Lennon
-----------------------Soldado------------------------

We will hopefully be fantastic to watch.

Totally agree with this.

didn't we offer 25m for Benteke and were laughed at, 40+ they might have sold, how much did Bernards owners send him to Russia for?

the park the bus thing is something braineclipse came up with...allegedly its when you get people behind the ball and focus more on a counter game

arsenal are counter punchers, and they have been ding that since wenger has been there. they create clear cut chances..thats what happens with chemistry and continuity and a style of play drilled in from the academy up to the senior level...they create these chances against everyone BAR NONE..as bayern munich found out, and reeal and barca and unitefd and chelsea

at least now i know you dont really know much about counter attacking technical teams... you think that because someone parks the bus like they did then there is no chance of them slicing you through with incisive passes , good transition movment and player attacking spaces / zones? give me a break.

possession for me and making a possesion based team focus almost entirely on their counter attacking compartment means we owned those fools in their ground , yes.....we did. we just dont know how to close but then again....anyone with their eyes on a game plan would know this was to be an issue when you buy players to win the midfield BATTLE ...not finese display..a midfield battle...which shock horror they actually did.....and yet have no real creativity....a few of us spotted that issue. maybe you were one of those people that thought movement would solve most of our creative issues i dont know..but i sure as hell didnt....

it isnt treason to say that we played bad. it is to knoee jerk it in there when its totally bogus

did they run rings round us all day? NO
did they make us camp out in our own half? Nope
did they have more of the ball than us and come wave after wave of attack while we scuppered for our lives? nope
did they cause is to lose the ball so often and make us look like we couldnt pass 2 balls together? no they did not

quite frankly a lot of criteria which would make it that a team plays ****e just doesnt apply to us IMV. in which case i think it totally wrong that we were **** today

It's your own view, and certainly you probably are a tactical maestro when compared to my inferior knowledge of the subject, but I always thought that creating chances and winning games involves getting the ball first, and parking the bus seems to suggest being happy with a draw or what you already have and not looking to create chances or, more importantly, actively seeking the ball. Arsenal seemed to want the ball. A lot. And once they got it, they knew exactly what they wanted to do with it. They did it, then withdrew and waited for us to give the ball to them again. Which we inevitably did despite passing the ball around the half-way line for sixty minutes.

They ran rings around our defenders when they had the ball.
They chose not to make us camp in our half because they were perfectly safe letting us have the ball on the halfway line anyway.
They came at us in waves of counter-attacks that caused our defenders to scupper for their lives, and we were often saved only by Lloris' sharpness.
We couldn't string two passes together in the attacking third, so yes, they did make lose the ball often in the areas that mattered.

And as for winning the midfield BATTLE, Dembele was totally anonymous when up against Ramsey and Wheelchair, hardly two physical titans, and Capoue was dispossessed a fair few times by Rosicky and especially Santi Cazorla, of all people. Hardly BATTLING traits.

But, as you've said yourself, you know the counter-attacking game, being a tactical mastermind on the level of Valeriy Lobanovskyi, so I don't want to push it too far. I'll accept your assertion that keeping the ball and not creating any clear cut chances means 'owning those fools on their ground'. Thank you for enlightening me, oh tactical swami. :lol:

Last edited:
didn't we offer 25m for Benteke and were laughed at, 40+ they might have sold, how much did Bernards owners send him to Russia for?

No, it was widely reported that they wanted £25m, we apparently offered £18m or so. Bernard went for £20m. Even Stevie Wonder could see how much better suited Benteke is to us than Soldado.

Back