• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Muchasos Kneejerkos

We lost 1-0, with everyone acknowledging our goalkeeper as our best performer and with us mustering 4 shots on target, and with Sczenzny having to make a grand total of 1 good save. And that was from a deflected Defoe volley from outside the box.

That's a good performance??

Nope.
5 shots on target, same as them in fact, and Chesney has to make a fine save from Townsend too...it wasn't nearly as bad as some are saying. Of course it needs to be better, but the nature of the performance suggests that when all are bedded in, it will be!

I have full faith in our coaches, manager, chairman, tea lady and so on.

We will get it right and WE WILL look back at this window as the birth of something beautiful.

My colours are too the mast....we will be successful in the future and I am 100% behind what we are doing......As supporters the best we can do is make WHL a cauldron and be a little patient while our new players bed in.......

Here's to a lilywhite future.

=D>=D>
We will fight back and be one hell of a team given a bit of time. COYS

Win or lose, this game was still just 3 points. If they dont sign 2 or more, we'll finish above them based on what I've seen today.

We lost 1-0, with everyone acknowledging our goalkeeper as our best performer and with us mustering 4 shots on target, and with Sczenzny having to make a grand total of 1 good save. And that was from a deflected Defoe volley from outside the box.

That's a good performance??

we lost 1 nil....not 100 nil...and not everyone is acknowledging lloris as our best performer...he did what he was there to do....stop shots from a team well drilled and adept at creating clear cut chances. Anyone that thinks their keeper isnt in for a tough time against arsenal just shows their ignorance on how arsenal play...lloris also wasnt there stopping thousands of shots and full on assaults on our goal now was he...for large spells of the game we had TWO THIRDS of the ball..against a team that prides itself on being the superior possesing team...

according to a couple of posters,.....the style that arsenal played qualifies them as parking the bus, even though i dont believe in that kind of reasoning i'll take it today cause it serves my purpose. they played the away team game today and one miscommunication was the difference . they scored one goal in a game where they had a weak team level of possesion on their own home ground and they are supposed to have the superior passing technial team.

yes we got just 4 shots on target and we didnt create enough clear cut chances...is that what this is all about? the fact that avb's game plan since time began didnt work on this one day where we actually had a decent number of shots on goal?

and you can count grioud as a keep today and also a CB that blocked a sitter from solly...but oh no, you would just rather remember the worse things that happened only

and you call this a bad performance?

Nope.
5 shots on target, same as them in fact, and Chesney has to make a fine save from Townsend too...it wasn't nearly as bad as some are saying. Of course it needs to be better, but the nature of the performance suggests that when all are bedded in, it will be!

I'm actually more optimistic/confident than you after this performance Steff.

I think it was highly promising. The type of performance a real top team that aren't quite on their game on the day has. Obviously the reason for not being on our game today was the fact that we have a lot of new signings and haven't been able to work them into a system yet. But that will come.

But I look at the nature of the game and what that means for the future. Bad teams don't go to Arsenal and pin them back like we do. Even teams intent on 'pointless sideways passing' don't pin Arsenal back like we did. We just lacked that bit of quality in the final third but that will come. City, Chelsea and United have all looked pretty toothless at times this season already.

We played like a top team plays. We are nearly there. We will be very good very soon IMO.

BTGYPyZIgAIvGf8.jpg

This game came too soon. I would have liked to have seen a different result given the weak squad we were facing, but I'm not going to let it bother me. I'd rather be Tottenham than Arsenal right now.

That said, I'm hopeful AVB uses this game and the break to adjust his strategy. Clearly Dembele, Capoue/Sandro, and Paulinho can't all play together at the same time. They simply put no pressure on the opposing defense. I've also not been impressed by Chadli on the left wing. Lamela and Holtby/Eriksen need to start. I'm confident that the goal scoring will improve once the new players have a chance to gel.

we lost 1 nil....not 100 nil...and not everyone is acknowledging lloris as our best performer...he did what he was there to do....stop shots from a team well drilled and adept at creating clear cut chances. Anyone that thinks their keeper isnt in for a tough time against arsenal just shows their ignorance on how arsenal play...lloris also wasnt there stopping thousands of shots and full on assaults on our goal now was he...for large spells of the game we had TWO THIRDS of the ball..against a team that prides itself on being the superior possesing team...

according to a couple of posters,.....the style that arsenal played qualifies them as parking the bus, even though i dont believe in that kind of reasoning i'll take it today cause it serves my purpose. they played the away team game today and one miscommunication was the difference . they scored one goal in a game where they had a weak team level of possesion on their own home ground and they are supposed to have the superior passing technial team.

yes we got just 4 shots on target and we didnt create enough clear cut chances...is that what this is all about? the fact that avb's game plan since time began didnt work on this one day where we actually had a decent number of shots on goal?

and you can count grioud as a keep today and also a CB that blocked a sitter from solly...but oh no, you would just rather remember the worse things that happened only

Totally agree.

People saying Wenger 'outthought' AVB and played the perfect game sitting back and hitting us on the break...please. Arsenal do not do this. The man is notorious for focussing on playing their game as well as possible. He does not plan on finishing the game with 4 full backs and hanging on to a 1-0 lead after having less possession for the entire game. The fact that we got him thinking like that is a testament to the team and the way we are set up.

I can tell the reflections on this game will have Arsenal fans saying '110M spent, lol!!!' and reckoning Spurs still aren't quite there. But I don't think that's the real story. Arsenal played like the plucky pretenders today and we played like the big boys. I think that quality will tell. We've beaten them early on in the season and they've gone on to finish ahead. The reverse can easily happen this time around.

Last season I feel AVB wasn't backed sufficiently In the transfer window. He has been this summer, more so than any other Spurs manager I can recall. I'm still a little bit unsure about his tactics as it seemed last season our plan seemed to be give the ball to Bale and hope he pulls another rabbit out of a hat. But we've finally added some creativity so that bodes well for us. I think top 4 is a must though.

I'm actually more optimistic/confident than you after this performance Steff.

I think it was highly promising. The type of performance a real top team that aren't quite on their game on the day has. Obviously the reason for not being on our game today was the fact that we have a lot of new signings and haven't been able to work them into a system yet. But that will come.

But I look at the nature of the game and what that means for the future. Bad teams don't go to Arsenal and pin them back like we do. Even teams intent on 'pointless sideways passing' don't pin Arsenal back like we did. We just lacked that bit of quality in the final third but that will come. City, Chelsea and United have all looked pretty toothless at times this season already.

We played like a top team plays. We are nearly there. We will be very good very soon IMO.

Not entirely sure how you figure that out...did you not see my longer post in this thread, or have you confused me with others???? I am far from unconfident or pessimistic. I really think you've confused me for someone else...

Not entirely sure how you figure that out...did you not see my longer post in this thread, or have you confused me with others???? I am far from unconfident or pessimistic. I really think you've confused me for someone else...

No no no, I was just trying to express how utterly confident I am. In that, if you are confident and optimistic as you usually are...then I am even more so! Wasn't trying to peg you as a pessimist mate.

I'm actually pretty happy with how today went when considering the big picture. Not just pretty happy, but for some reason really happy. Just because of how we looked, how we played in comparison to Arsenal. Even if the chances weren't there and the result wasn't, I feel we played like a big team plays.

Mmm-hmm. On the one hand you acknowledge that Arsenal are adept at creating clear-cut chances against most teams, and that every keeper playing against them will have a hard time. Then you say they parked the bus. Lloris had a hard time, saving a lot of shots, having to tackle Walcott outside the area, grabbing the ball literally centimetres from him about twenty minutes later, and coming out to stop Arsenal's players getting a clear shot on goal so often that at one point he almost caught the ball outside the area in his haste to grab it before Rosicky got to it.

Now, they created an awful lot of clear cut chances for a team that 'parked the bus', as you put it. And if you think 'well, they counter-attacked, that proves we had them on the back foot!' then I can only point out that our possession didn't stop them creating chances one bit.What does that say about our dominance? Our imperiousness in this game? Does possession equal dominance, in your eyes? Even if almost all that possession was on the half-way line? And as for a decent number of shots on goal, Soldado's shot had three players in front of it, plus a ready Sczceny, so I don't count that as a glaring miss, and most of our shots came from outside the area, which is utterly useless considering that our best long-range shooter just gleefully hopped on a plane to Madrid and we need to adapt our tactics to acknowledge that.

We did not play well, mate. It isn't treason to ackowledge that, nor overly negative to focus on the things we did wrong when the majority of the game involved us doing things wrong. A million wasted crosses into the box, 95 percent possession on the half-way line, Lloris saving ten thousand shots....all these things will not win us games. I believe AVB knows that, and I believe he's as disappointed in our performance today as I am. We will get better, and one day very soon you will legitimately be able to call me out for being a sour, overly negative bastard when I criticise our performances in games. :D But right now, I find it extremely hard to convince myself that you're being serious in asserting that we had a good day at the office in any way ,shape or form, unless you count Tony Parks' pride at seeing his coaching work pay off as a plus.

The Soldado buy is a mystery, from what i've seen he looks like a good finisher but in the premier league you need someone who has a lot more facets to their game. To be a lone striker you need to have something more, such as strength, pace or skill but unfortunately he offers none of this. CBs are now very quick, alongside being physical beasts and I believe he will struggle with the pace and strength of the game. If we had a rejuvenated adebayor we would be so much more dangerous, unfortunately this isn't very likely.

I could've spent £50m much better than we have on Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado.
Chadli was 7m, equivalent to what we got for Caulker - I dont understand why people are expecting him to provide 2 assists and a goal per game already.

I am unfortunately very close to agreeing with you on the other two, though..

Chadli was 7m, equivalent to what we got for Caulker - I dont understand why people are expecting him to provide 2 assists and a goal per game already.

I am unfortunately very close to agreeing with you on the other two, though..

Join me, you know you want to. As for your explanation on Chadli, we already have plenty of players of that quality so that should tell you why we shouldn't have signed him.

The Soldado buy is a mystery, from what i've seen he looks like a good finisher but in the premier league you need someone who has a lot more facets to their game. To be a lone striker you need to have something more, such as strength, pace or skill but unfortunately he offers none of this. CBs are now very quick, alongside being physical beasts and I believe he will struggle with the pace and strength of the game. If we had a rejuvenated adebayor we would be so much more dangerous, unfortunately this isn't very likely.

I think it's obvious Benteke was our first choice. His overall play is better than Soldado. But Soldado will score if we provide the chances for him, which I'm sure Eriksen and Lamela will.

Back