• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He can't get the basics right

For me he would be better trying something different and spectacular
Well I am not his biggest fan, but I thought he was fine against the Swans for the most part.
The game wasn't suited to his strengths, which as far as I can tell is barrelling through the center with the ball. That he was playing at all might not have been the best choice considering the Swans almost inevitable deep defensive setup, but that to me was a selection issue really. His basic technique was OK in this match IMO. No better or worse than anyone else on the pitch.

He set up a few chances too don't forget.

Last edited:
You know what, i really believe that IF he had a great game next time he plays there will still be the haters, moaners etc saying he is crap. Madness.
Does a good game include doing something like kicking the ball off his own leg or just missing the ball completely?

I struggle to think of a top level pro who has more than a couple of those moments a season, let alone one or two a match.

As for this match, he was still way down on touches and passes. Understandable if he's playing really wide or forward, less so in midfield.

For a player that was to add the drive and dynamic thrust in tight games this guy just doesn't do it, in fact the complete opposite. He's had his time, I hope I'm wrong - I want all players in our shirt to perform, but there are currently better options.

You know what, i really believe that IF he had a great game next time he plays there will still be the haters, moaners etc saying he is crap. Madness.
A lot of mediocre at best players have had great games. Why would one great game count so much more than everything else he's done for us and in the PL in general?
For a player that was to add the drive and dynamic thrust in tight games this guy just doesn't do it, in fact the complete opposite. He's had his time, I hope I'm wrong - I want all players in our shirt to perform, but there are currently better options.
If you mean tight games like the Swansea game I just have to voice my disagreement. I've seen it claimed that he would be a difference maker in those games, but I just don't see it myself. Those game conditions aren't good for him. Would be like Llorente playing for Leicester in Vardy's role. It's a mismatch.

Against Swansea in the first half when the tempo was slow he looked like he was just about coping (bar the odd miss kick and headless run) but as soon as we picked up the tempo and started moving the ball with pace he looked totally out of his comfort zone.

There is a player in there somewhere but not one that can play in this league at our normal pace and I think this is why he looks ok playing for France, as internationals tend to be played at a slower tempo, as do early cup games, so expect a reasonable performance from him tonight.

Against Swansea in the first half when the tempo was slow he looked like he was just about coping (bar the odd miss kick and headless run) but as soon as we picked up the tempo and started moving the ball with pace he looked totally out of his comfort zone.

There is a player in there somewhere but not one that can play in this league at our normal pace and I think this is why he looks ok playing for France, as internationals tend to be played at a slower tempo, as do early cup games, so expect a reasonable performance from him tonight.

No he didn't. He looked fine. Not 'out of his comfort zone'. This is the exact sort of thing that grinds my gears.

Alli looked out of his comfort zone on a Sunday. So did Kane. So did Eriksen. If this is the standard by which we are judging.

Too often I find he seems to switch off or fail with an early touch, and a groan goes up.

He needs to do solid things first 10 and once tuned-in he might have more joy.

Don't wish him ill, but he's poor by comparison. Every player has an off patchor game, but so far he's disappointed more than most.

No he didn't. He looked fine. Not 'out of his comfort zone'. This is the exact sort of thing that grinds my gears.

Alli looked out of his comfort zone on a Sunday. So did Kane. So did Eriksen. If this is the standard by which we are judging.
I picked up on that post but wasnt going to bother replying,it gets boring after a while and just reinforces parklane1's point.....

One of the best players again on the pitch, however i think he made 1 slightly misplaced pass in the final 3rd and immediately crowd jumped on his back.
However Llorente brand new through the door caused complete loss of attacking fluency and was fully supported.

Could hear people literally waiting for him to make 0.1% of a mis-control so they could make a joke to their mate about how they were better.
If he was being judged on his performances id get it, but he isnt at the moment, esp when you contrast again the support Soldado got and that he came in for similar money *although in both cases i dont believe the reported fee.

Seems like the Wembley Hoodoo and Sissoko stealing a living are just the latest cliches of people that really dont know what they are talking about.

Unless Poch is a idiot and has no idea how to run a team, but continually uses sissoko??

*Im not saying sissoko is a world beater, however some are so invested in shouting he's brick, they cant allow him not to be now.

He won the ball well, in the build up to the Alli goal. Give credit where it is deserved, he played his part in us advancing against Barnsley.

Does a good game include doing something like kicking the ball off his own leg or just missing the ball completely?

I struggle to think of a top level pro who has more than a couple of those moments a season, let alone one or two a match.

As for this match, he was still way down on touches and passes. Understandable if he's playing really wide or forward, less so in midfield.
You're absolutely right. I wouldn't sign this player either. Look at all the fudge ups.

One of the best players again on the pitch, however i think he made 1 slightly misplaced pass in the final 3rd and immediately crowd jumped on his back.
However Llorente brand new through the door caused complete loss of attacking fluency and was fully supported.

Could hear people literally waiting for him to make 0.1% of a mis-control so they could make a joke to their mate about how they were better.
If he was being judged on his performances id get it, but he isnt at the moment, esp when you contrast again the support Soldado got and that he came in for similar money *although in both cases i dont believe the reported fee.

Seems like the Wembley Hoodoo and Sissoko stealing a living are just the latest cliches of people that really dont know what they are talking about.

Unless Poch is a idiot and has no idea how to run a team, but continually uses sissoko??

*Im not saying sissoko is a world beater, however some are so invested in shouting he's brick, they cant allow him not to be now.

Agreed. With all of that.

Ben Pearce did a '5 things' write up last night. Within it, he still managed to write about how he couldn't tell whether a pass from Sissoko was actually a miscontrol. Couldn't believe it. He's a Spurs journo and I would expect better, but he's encouraging the narrative after a game like last night when he was one of our better players and there are simply other players on the pitch who misplaced more passes. It's just tiresome and weird.

Back