• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

He wasn't great but he created two of our best chances. We need to win a game because of one of his actions. Would help appease a lot of fans and ease some of the pressure on him. The crowd are on his back constantly, it's embarrassing tbh.
Shame Kane's shot hit the bar, would have been nice for him to get an assist there. Made a great saving tackle in the first half too. Got the ball plenty and was busy, I really don't get what the issue is with some fans it's plain weird....

He created far more clear cut chances yesterday than most of our attack. He showed his versatility by playing in more than one position. His weakness is his poor technique in shooting. Defensively he works hard as well as offensively. He was one of our better players yesterday making off the ball runs which certain players refused to see. He has improved over last season.

Ta for that Milo!

It was more a general statement. I've tried hard to cut Sissoko some slack and show him some luv! But he is a horrible watch!
A terrible footballer, at any price and salary.
Bring one of the U23s in, at least he would be progressing.

Sissoko's only saving grace is he's a big pacey unit on the cover!
Not true especially in yesterday's game. Set up Kane and Son. Closed down Swansea very well. He did a lot of good yesterday.

He wasn't great but he created two of our best chances. We need to win a game because of one of his actions. Would help appease a lot of fans and ease some of the pressure on him. The crowd are on his back constantly, it's embarrassing tbh.

Really? What of Spurs vs Burnley last season? Let's be open.

Disagree. He got into a lot of good positions and contributed well in both offensive and defensive phases. We are now having confirmation bias.

Ive tried to cut him some slack but he is not for me.

I think he tries hard but he is sadly a bench player at best. Would be gone If we had got Barkley IMHO.

Sadly I've just scrolled through the Spurs Newsnow feed and there's loads of articles on there deliberately targeting Sissoko.

Just absolutely baffling. Yes, he's not got a good shot on him but how can anyone look at yesterday's game and say that he was the standout bad player. It was a rudderless team performance, but it wasn't on Sissoko. Just so weird that he is constantly picked on.

Very good game today.

No, he was no worse than the rest of the team but very good he was not

Far better RWB than Trippier.

So big deal, Tripper has been pants all season, anyway Sissoko was not the reason we did not win yesterday.

My problem with him is that judging him on the last 12 months he simply has not impressed me despite the occasional good game. Looking at the big picture he simply does not give enough. In comparison I thought Dele was poor yesterday but he has a lot of credit in the bank unlike Sissoko

Sadly I've just scrolled through the Spurs Newsnow feed and there's loads of articles on there deliberately targeting Sissoko.

Just absolutely baffling. Yes, he's not got a good shot on him but how can anyone look at yesterday's game and say that he was the standout bad player. It was a rudderless team performance, but it wasn't on Sissoko. Just so weird that he is constantly picked on.
^^^ Could not agree more. It's ridiculous. If he played better than Messi at his best, he'd still get picked on. Utterly, utterly ridiculous and unfair.

What I can't understand with him is his strength used to be his running with the ball and the bluntness of his play....

For us he gets the ball and just goes safe all the time

He needs to grow some and just play a risky game
I would assume that is a confidence thing. Taking the easy option is not the worst idea when you are devoid of confidence.

I've never seen a player shoot so poorly and be reluctant to do so too

He just needs to wack the ball straight
It is a flawed technique, there is no denying it.
If he was one of my players I would have focused in on that from the off. And I don't buy the old dog new tricks thing. Anything can be coached even at the later stage of a player's career if they are willing to work at it.

But you don't build confidence playing safe
All you do is achieve the basics and he is struggling what that
I disagree on that. I think playing safe and making simple, maybe obvious passes does build a player's confidence. Trying low percentage stuff that by definition is less likely to come off can be counter productive IMO. Trying the 'flair' stuff riles the crowd when the simple stuff is not working. Get the basics right and build from there would be my thinking.

Last edited:
I disagree on that. I think playing safe and making simple, maybe obvious passes does build a player's confidence. Trying low percentage stuff that by definition is less likely to come off is counter productive IMO. Get the basics right and build from there would be my thinking.

He can't get the basics right

For me he would be better trying something different and spectacular

Back