• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

One of the best players again on the pitch, however i think he made 1 slightly misplaced pass in the final 3rd and immediately crowd jumped on his back.
However Llorente brand new through the door caused complete loss of attacking fluency and was fully supported.

Could hear people literally waiting for him to make 0.1% of a mis-control so they could make a joke to their mate about how they were better.
If he was being judged on his performances id get it, but he isnt at the moment, esp when you contrast again the support Soldado got and that he came in for similar money *although in both cases i dont believe the reported fee.

Seems like the Wembley Hoodoo and Sissoko stealing a living are just the latest cliches of people that really dont know what they are talking about.

Unless Poch is a idiot and has no idea how to run a team, but continually uses sissoko??

*Im not saying sissoko is a world beater, however some are so invested in shouting he's brick, they cant allow him not to be now.

Good post, and the bolded bit sum up some of his critics to a tee.

Agreed. With all of that.

Ben Pearce did a '5 things' write up last night. Within it, he still managed to write about how he couldn't tell whether a pass from Sissoko was actually a miscontrol. Couldn't believe it.

Really? The pass/miscontrol dilemma sounds more than plausible to me considering how brick Sissoko is ;)

However Llorente brand new through the door caused complete loss of attacking fluency and was fully supported.

So what you're saying is that someone who has played 70 mins of football for us should equally be open to getting some grief as someone that has played numerous games for us and played many of them at a poor standard?

Not only a false comparison but questioning the methodology behind how someone may quite understandably arrive at a conclusion (even one you dont agree with).

So what you're saying is that someone who has played 70 mins of football for us should equally be open to getting some grief as someone that has played numerous games for us and played many of them at a poor standard?

Not only a false comparison but questioning the methodology behind how someone may quite understandably arrive at a conclusion (even one you dont agree with).

Point taken, however maybe a fairy comparison would be Soldado, 1 season in and he was still smashing it over the bar from 10yds and people would sing a song.
Sissoko has some obvious flaws in his game, but seems that some are so invested in the narrative they simple cant allow the narrative to drop.

Point taken, however maybe a fairy comparison would be Soldado, 1 season in and he was still smashing it over the bar from 10yds and people would sing a song.
Sissoko has some obvious flaws in his game, but seems that some are so invested in the narrative they simple cant allow the narrative to drop.

Fair points as well (especially your first one).

I think it's early days to expect people to change their minds on Sissoko. That's why i suggested it may be best to leave it be for a while and revisit it at Xmas and see where we are.

A reason the narrative has been set is not only has he had bad games he has actually looked like a bad footballer. And you can see why people take the tinkle and turn him into so me kind of comedy character. That said I don't think it's too far gone for people to change their minds, surely not too many are that ignorant.??

Fair points as well (especially your first one).

I think it's early days to expect people to change their minds on Sissoko. That's why i suggested it may be best to leave it be for a while and revisit it at Xmas and see where we are.

A reason the narrative has been set is not only has he had bad games he has actually looked like a bad footballer. And you can see why people take the tinkle and turn him into so me kind of comedy character. That said I don't think it's too far gone for people to change their minds, surely not too many are that ignorant.??
I think the disparity is partly down to Sissoko doing some really, really clumsy stuff. It's also, I think, down to the fact that Soldado (before arriving at Spurs) had shown that at two other clubs (and Real Madrid B) that he was a good player, capable of playing at a high level.

Sissoko has played well in a match for France and in Saudi Sportswashing Machine's matches against Spurs.

I think the disparity is partly down to Sissoko doing some really, really clumsy stuff. It's also, I think, down to the fact that Soldado (before arriving at Spurs) had shown that at two other clubs (and Real Madrid B) that he was a good player, capable of playing at a high level.

Sissoko has played well in a match for France and in Saudi Sportswashing Machine's matches against Spurs.

I cant disagree with the clumsy stuff, he is a blunt instrument, however this season he has been decent in patches, as i said Barnsley he was one of 3 best players yet still people WANTED him to screw up. Thats the bit i dont understand - ive been told he wasnt by people who wernt there.

Adebayor suffered at times from the same thing where performances were judged by the personality assigned by the media, the same media that the same fans think are against us. With Adebayor though i could understand peoples issues, i havent really seen what sissoko has done.

The only player who really didnt give a sh*t in recent times is David Bentley for basically just deciding he didnt want to be a footballer after we paid a huge amount of money & wages for him.

little bit of a comparison, and I'm adamantly not having a pop at the guy (I'm firmly in the "it takes time camp"), just using him for illustrative purposes, Llorente is three games in now, the knives were out for Soldado and Janssen after half as many minutes, players are clearly graded on a curve

little bit of a comparison, and I'm adamantly not having a pop at the guy (I'm firmly in the "it takes time camp"), just using him for illustrative purposes, Llorente is three games in now, the knives were out for Soldado and Janssen after half as many minutes, players are clearly graded on a curve

Llorente has played 86minutes - You think that the knives were out for soldado and Janssen after their first 45 mins of football?

How many minutes has he played?

I dont think he's played 20 mins in the league yet. Everybody wants all our players to succeed. Or at least they should. Fernando lives on good service. I didn't see much of Tuesdays game, it only looks like he had one good chance. Our crossing has to improve to get the best out of Fernando.

Sissoko as with all our players would please me no end, if they start performing.
As for Soldado he is still loved by many and Vinny has quite few wishing him well.
Spurs fan at least on here are quite balanced IMHO. At the ground I'm reliably informed the booboys still sound off, very sad.

How many minutes has he played?

I dont think he's played 20 mins in the league yet. Everybody wants all our players to succeed. Or at least they should. Fernando lives on good service. I didn't see much of Tuesdays game, it only looks like he had one good chance. Our crossing has to improve to get the best out of Fernando.

Sissoko as with all our players would please me no end, if they start performing.
As for Soldado he is still loved by many and Vinny has quite few wishing him well.
Spurs fan at least on here are quite balanced IMHO. At the ground I'm reliably informed the booboys still sound off, very sad.

no they don't, some people just want to be right

Well they are just sad bastards M8. Personally I can't think of one player wearing a Spurs shirt I could ever want to fail.
They frustrate and make me sprout utter gonads at times:rolleyes:. But I would never want a Spurs player to fail.

same here, I want them all to be awesome

Back