• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I thought you had Benitez in charge.... did I miss a story with you replacing him?

CF3xYMhWMAEEl6p.jpg

Apparently he was brick in all the non-televised Toon games. Considering that they were almost entirely complete sh*t for most of his time there, and only got a properly good coach in Rafa about six months before Sissoko left, I don't think it's wise to draw too many conclusions from his time there.
If that was the case then they should've dropped him. The fact that he generally always played when fit shows that the fans perception probably didn't match reality.

You missed the row at the end with "Premier League Relegation" 1

He is pretty much blameless in that regard. Not sure what your point is? Rafa Benitez is a world class manager, there is no doubt about that.

My original observation was that Sissoko had a very, very limited pre-season (even more so than due to rest after the EUROs because of the way he conducted himself, which also meant a transfer was never going to go through until the very last minute).

He is pretty much blameless in that regard. Not sure what your point is? Rafa Benitez is a world class manager, there is no doubt about that.
He has had a good career I agree. Most of it until his move to Saudi Sportswashing Machine has been managing massive clubs that will pretty much always win trophies however. I also felt that he should've been able to save you last season. When he took over you were 1 point from safety with 10 games to go and a game in hand over those around you. He was basically out managed over that period by Sam Allardyce.

Quite interestingly when the Spurs job was available after Sherwood went, it was Benitez, De Boer and Pochettino who were the three in the running. It seemed to me that Benitez seemed to be the 3rd favourite of those options on here, I think the general feeling was that he spends a lot of money and makes lots of signings without having the best hit rate in terms of the success of those signings.

I am glad that he is doing well for you this season though. I think the PL is stronger overall for having Saudi Sportswashing Machine in it and it is also one of my favourite away days.

Didn't have anyone else. Awful squad.
A player from the youth team would be better than a player who isn't even trying. If a player isn't trying but being picked every week it sends out a message to the whole team that it is acceptable to not give your all, a manager simply wouldn't stand for it.

My original observation was that Sissoko had a very, very limited pre-season (even more so than due to rest after the EUROs because of the way he conducted himself, which also meant a transfer was never going to go through until the very last minute).
The reason that the transfer went through so late is because your club wanted so much money for him. The fact that your club did want so much money for him probably indicates that the manager thought he was a good player. If he really was not trying (as you have claimed) then I'm sure Benitez would've been happy to have got rid of him for £10 million right at the end of the season, especially considering the fact that he was one of the highest paid players at the club.

Weren't all those trophies won for massive clubs and clubs who could claim to be geneuinely one of the best in the country at the time.... currently Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren't even the best side in the north east, although I. Sur that will change when you get promoted and sunderlland go down (but born will still be the best side in that patch until you finish above them). In my lifetime Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been near to winning the league once and a cup once I think and I'm 40. Boro have won a trophy in that time and so have Sunderland IIRC.

You need to get promoted first, then buy some premier league standard players and then start competing . Rafa knows what needed I'm sure but your problem Will be the players you have brought for this season to be you up that need to shift on like Dwight Gayle

And on subject I think Gregs frustration is he has seeen sissoko boss games (a couple against us) so he knows what he can do. He just didn't do it enough in a team in dissaray

Our issue is he hasn't shown anything or great quality yet and he is coming into a relatively successful balanced side

His price tag will haunt him.

Today he played like a pile of hamster poo dressed in a Spurs shirt.

And frankly, I've yet to see many promising signs from him so far. I've been very wrong abou players before, most notably with Kane, so there is still hope - but I really fail to see what he brings to the team so far.

I feel for the guy, look at what he's coming into, we are not playing well at all, very hard for all the newbies, we can't draw conclusions on any of them

Alli was a revelation last season because he came into a team on fire, i'd have looked good in that midfield last season

Messi could have come off the bench tonight and looked like Forest Gump, we were terrible. Can't really have a pop at him when he isn't the cause of the mess.
You can criticize an experienced 30 million quid player for coming on and being terrible. Play him on his own in the EL.

Last edited:
Messi could have come off the bench tonight and looked like Forest Gump, we were terrible. Can't really have a pop at him when he isn't the cause of the mess.

It's the norm to brick on him, because of his past reputation. Janssen's been beyond woeful in my book, but he hasn't got the reputation Sissoko's got, so he gets a lot more slack. Either way, neither of them are the cause of our troubles, and neither can be expected to hit the ground running this season.

Back