• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Interesting to read - but action speaks louder than words. He now needs to put his fine words into practice on the pitch.
Indeed - But I think fans need to realise there are many factors relating to performances. Players aren't just robots that flick on a switch when they get on the pitch and there are many elements that have to be taken into consideration. That's why there are endless player threads on here where posters are forced to claim 'He has proven me wrong' simply because judgements are made too quick before a player has been given the necessary time to settle on and off of the pitch....

Interesting to read - but action speaks louder than words. He now needs to put his fine words into practice on the pitch.

You're a hard man to please. Hopefully you will equally take the criticism if and when Sissoko comes good for judging a player too quickly.

You're a hard man to please. Hopefully you will equally take the criticism if and when Sissoko comes good for judging a player too quickly.

I havent judged him yet. It is true I was underwhelmed by his transfer and so far he has not done anything to convince me otherwise. I therefore can't be accused of criticising him yet. It is up to him to convince me.

Yes I am a hard man to please, but, I think, fair-minded. I remain to be convinced that his £30m (or whatever ) transfer was the right one for us. It is up to the player to convince me otherwise but I haven't written him off and therefore cannot be due any criticism if he "comes good".

Yes I am a hard man to please, but, I think, fair-minded. I remain to be convinced that his £30m (or whatever ) transfer was the right one for us. It is up to the player to convince me otherwise but I haven't written him off and therefore cannot be due any criticism if he "comes good".

Sorry I mistook some of the other critical posts to be of your own. I'm happy that you are at least keeping an open mind!

I would prefer to see Sissoko in the middle of the park where he played for France. Its no wonder he is showing Saudi Sportswashing Machine form when we are playing him in the same place they did.

Yes Son has pace, my post was in reply to the following.

Dembele?
Alli?
Lamela

Which was a reply to you saying that Sissoko is "the only M/F player who will run with the ball and take men on". I think Son is a very good counterexample. I think we're seeing Nkoudou doing exactly the same whenever he's getting game time though he's obviously still early in his settling in phase.

Which was a reply to you saying that Sissoko is "the only M/F player who will run with the ball and take men on". I think Son is a very good counterexample. I think we're seeing Nkoudou doing exactly the same whenever he's getting game time though he's obviously still early in his settling in phase.

Well to be honest i do not consider Son to be a M/F player.

Well to be honest i do not consider Son to be a M/F player.

Him, Nkoudou and Sissoko are playing in the exact same positions for us, though with somewhat different roles. Either one of the wide attacking midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 or one of the wide attackers in our 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 type formation.

There were arguments made that Sissoko could play deeper when we signed him. I remain unconvinced by those.

Him, Nkoudou and Sissoko are playing in the exact same positions for us, though with somewhat different roles. Either one of the wide attacking midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 or one of the wide attackers in our 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 type formation.

There were arguments made that Sissoko could play deeper when we signed him. I remain unconvinced by those.

Well i guess we will have to disagree because to me Son and Sissoko are two different types of player.

I think I'm with 55th pirate. Talk is cheap, and too many players are too often full of too much of it that's not backed up on the pitch. It goes without saying that he should be afforded time and patience to show what he can do, and even (shock, horror) perhaps to improve. So far, though, I have the impression of a pacy and powerful player, but a rather erratic one with an often-loose touch, who is not blessed with any great vision or ability to read the game, who isn't a particularly good user of the ball and has a tendency to take wild hacks and slices at the thing when he accepts an opportunity to shoot. I'm far from convinced at the moment, but open to being moved closer. Sissoko himself is the only one who can do that, and he isn't going to do it in a newspaper interview.

Hopefully he comes good but I think we'd be wise to use his hyped reputation by getting around 25m of psg next summer.

And seeing as lamela appears to have gone back to the old version of himself, I believe we should take advantage of his good season last year by selling to inter for similar money.

Hopefully the pair come good but let's be honest for a combined 60m they were mistakes. Both are far too inconsistent to justify such fees and frankly even on their best day their not worth that much.

For me I'd cash in while I can and reinvest on a proper talent. Look what Chelsea got for 30m in Willian and similar money from Liverpool on mane, goons got Sanchez...

We can do so much better than these two imo and it would greatly benefit the team, which is what we all want.

Back