• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

It's the norm to brick on him, because of his past reputation. Janssen's been beyond woeful in my book, but he hasn't got the reputation Sissoko's got, so he gets a lot more slack. Either way, neither of them are the cause of our troubles, and neither can be expected to hit the ground running this season.
I thought Janseen looked like he at least cared tonight when he came on. He put a bit of pressure on the Monaco players, had a few good moments including on delightful cross field ball. Eriksen and Sissoko did next to nothing in their time. I actually think I saw Eriksen making daisy chains in the corner at one stage. I had a few beers so this might not have happened.

I thought Janseen looked like he at least cared tonight when he came on. He put a bit of pressure on the Monaco players, had a few good moments including on delightful cross field ball. Eriksen and Sissoko did next to nothing in their time. I actually think I saw Eriksen making daisy chains in the corner at one stage. I had a few beers so this might not have happened.
Two pints of what @Rorschach is having. What kind of beer do you drink that provides such lucid and loving hallucinations?

Oops, maybe Poch is beginning to realise maybe he got this onewrong

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

'He was at home, he wasn't here,' said Pochettino, confirming there was no injury when pressed about the absence of the 27-year-old France international.

'He needs to work hard and to show in future that he deserves to be on the team,' added Pochettino.

Eriksen must be immense in training them. I really like Eriksen but his game is going down not up and he seems to be undroppable at the moment which i do not understand.

Oops, maybe Poch is beginning to realise maybe he got this onewrong

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

'He was at home, he wasn't here,' said Pochettino, confirming there was no injury when pressed about the absence of the 27-year-old France international.

'He needs to work hard and to show in future that he deserves to be on the team,' added Pochettino.

Beginning to think we have another Ade on our hands. Who did the DD on this guy? You would think we would have learned our lesson. Did Lloris as the French captain give it the thumbs up? If not, why not?

That's a pretty succinct and damning statement from Poch. Brave too, after chucking 30 million at him

We''ll see the true measure of him (Sissoko) now. Having had a public reprimand, will he decide to put in the hard graft that Poch demands and fight his way into the team, or will he sit back, no longer interested now that CL is off the table?
I hope the former, I fear the latter.

will be interesting to see what, if anything develops over this. I prey to GHod that he steps up massively and if given another chance, delivers, last thing we need is another Townsend situation.

I've seen him twice take the game by the scruff of the neck against us and turn it around for relatively poor Saudi Sportswashing Machine sides

He has ability but he isn't a technical player

He needs to play like Antonio from the spam and use the physical side of his game better for a start.

Eriksen must be immense in training them. I really like Eriksen but his game is going down not up and he seems to be undroppable at the moment which i do not understand.

He must have some dodgy photos of Poch

I cannot fathom out how he doesn't get subbed

The difference between Janssen and Sissoko is that one is a 22 year old "youngster" with just one full season in the top league in Holland and now experiencing his first season in one of the hardest leagues in the Europe while the other is a 27 year old player experiencing his 4th season in this league. I am ready to give one much more time to adjust than the other, especially when the other is rumored to be the highest paid player at the club.

At least with Janssen I am pretty confident that his best years are in front of him while with Sissoko I really do not know what to think. It is not like the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans did not warn us

Beginning to think we have another Ade on our hands. Who did the DD on this guy? You would think we would have learned our lesson. Did Lloris as the French captain give it the thumbs up? If not, why not?

Despite all his faults at least in his first season with us Ade was a shinning light. Come to think of it he also had an excellent half season under Sherwood

43707171.jpg

So far Sissoko has given us nothing to salute

"Football is not about money," said Pochettino.

"You need to show on the training ground you are better than another team-mate and you deserve to be involved."

"If you sign a player and you expect something and you do not find what you expect and if another deserves to be involved, like (Georges-Kevin) Nkoudou or (Vincent) Janssen - why? Because we paid money we need to put the player to play?" added Argentine Pochettino.

"Of course he needs to work hard and show in the future he deserves to be involved in the team.

"I need to take a decision and I believe the players that start on the bench deserve to be involved."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38128008

You were warned. But if he's good enough for Poch he's good enough for me right? :rolleyes:

I think he might need to re-read one or two memos.

From the Daily Fail article NaijaSpurs linked to earlier:
But, in January, eight months earlier, the Tottenham manager had spoken of the contribution he expected from a big-money signing.

'If we spent £25m-£30m we need to be sure this type of player represents Bale or Cristiano for Real Madrid or Messi or Neymar for Barcelona,' said Pochettino.

'We need to speak about a player that is our best player and need to help us achieve a lot of things. It's impossible to sign a player for this amount who we need to wait to perform.'

"You need to show on the training ground you are better than another team-mate and you deserve to be involved."

"If you sign a player and you expect something and you do not find what you expect and if another deserves to be involved, like (Georges-Kevin) Nkoudou or (Vincent) Janssen - why? Because we paid money we need to put the player to play?" added Argentine Pochettino.

"Of course he needs to work hard and show in the future he deserves to be involved in the team.

"I need to take a decision and I believe the players that start on the bench deserve to be involved."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38128008

You were warned. But if he's good enough for Poch he's good enough for me right? :rolleyes:

Punchy!! I'd love to know how much of the £30m is fully-committed, compared to being conditional upon performances, success etc

Still think a pre season with Poch will whip him into shape. I think a few players haven't looked as good until they've had a full pre season under their belts with him....

My concern is that he is 27 not 22, he should be at his peak right now, or at the very latest in the ball park of his peak.

Alas, if it was Poch that insisted we sign him I am sure Levy will remind him the next time he wants to sign a player for £30m

Back