• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Punchy!! I'd love to know how much of the £30m is fully-committed, compared to being conditional upon performances, success etc

I also assumed that the Townsend and Yedlin fees would also be involved somehow.

But who knows...

Still think a pre season with Poch will whip him into shape. I think a few players haven't looked as good until they've had a full pre season under their belts with him....

Fair comment - the guy had no pre season and came off the back of a tournament where they lost the final

Poch has always had a track record of axing anyone who doesn't tow the company line, regardless of money and "status", Adebayor and Dani Osvaldo being the prime examples.

It's all the more reason why I couldn't believe Levy sanctioned this transfer. Sissoko has a history of attitude problems and this was always likely to happen.

A panic button signing if I've ever seen one. I know every manager signs a dud every so often but this one just seemed completely reckless.

Sadio Mane at the start of the window Vs Moussa Sissoko on the final day for the same money. Let that sink in...

Poch has always had a track record of axing anyone who doesn't tow the company line, regardless of money and "status", Adebayor and Dani Osvaldo being the prime examples.

It's all the more reason why I couldn't believe Levy sanctioned this transfer. Sissoko has a history of attitude problems and this was always likely to happen.

A panic button signing if I've ever seen one. I know every manager signs a dud every so often but this one just seemed completely reckless.

Sadio Mane at the start of the window Vs Moussa Sissoko on the final day for the same money. Let that sink in...

Sadio Mane on 3 times kanes salary - let that sink in

I like mane but everything has to be in context.

I'm not saying that Sissoko is value for money at all but it's a scewed comparison.

A better comparison would be redmond vs Sissoko and redmond went for half Sissokos fee and looks the better player

Sissoko is just Osvaldo at Southampton all over again.
Southampton had a system were the coach never signed the players.
Then Poch convinced them that Osvaldo, a player with an attitude problem at every club he had been at would be a good signing.
They spend a record transfer fee for Southampton on him.

He ended up kicked out of the club after a training pitch bust up.

Poch couldn't fix him.

Now comes Sissoko. He's only here because Poch wanted him.

Did Poch think he's such an amazing man manager he could do what no one else could with Sissoko.

Poch back in January:

"For me when you spend more than 15 to 18 million, first you need to bring good things, like good behaviour, responsibility, discipline, professionalism,'' the Argentinian said. "Then he should have enough quality to improve the squad, that's very important. "If we spend 20 to 30 million, we need to be sure this type of player represents a Bale or Ronaldo for Real Madrid, or Messi or Neymar for Barcelona. "We need to speak about the player that is our best player, and needs to help us achieve a lot of things. "It's impossible to sign a player for this amount and need to wait for performances. It's impossible.''

"Football is not about money," said Pochettino.

"You need to show on the training ground you are better than another team-mate and you deserve to be involved."

"If you sign a player and you expect something and you do not find what you expect and if another deserves to be involved, like (Georges-Kevin) Nkoudou or (Vincent) Janssen - why? Because we paid money we need to put the player to play?" added Argentine Pochettino.

"Of course he needs to work hard and show in the future he deserves to be involved in the team.

"I need to take a decision and I believe the players that start on the bench deserve to be involved."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38128008

You were warned. But if he's good enough for Poch he's good enough for me right? :rolleyes:

Everton would you take him for £25m?

He can still 'do a job' but is never going to be the player Poch had hoped he would be imo. He can disrupt, drive into teams, but he's not going to score goals. Best thing is to see if he can be sold in Jan. Poch shouldn't talk him down, needs to play it cute, get Sissoko playing a few games and resell. As a £15-£25m player Sissokos decent enough, but Poch clearly does not think he is getting enough from him. You have to ask, was due diligence done on Sissoko or was it a rushed last minute job?

Last edited:
My concern is that he is 27 not 22, he should be at his peak right now, or at the very latest in the ball park of his peak.

Alas, if it was Poch that insisted we sign him I am sure Levy will remind him the next time he wants to sign a player for £30m
It's not about his age, you have to be a certain type of player to fit into Pochs system otherwise you are exposed very quickly. I want to see a full pre season where he is then in suitable physical,tactical and mental fitness for our style of play then I'll make more defining opinions about whether he's needed or not.

Many had decided Dembele wasn't good enough for Poch until he properly got him going, and I'm pretty sure he's older than Sissoko too....

It's not about his age, you have to be a certain type of player to fit into Pochs system otherwise you are exposed very quickly. I want to see a full pre season where he is then in suitable physical,tactical and mental fitness for our style of play then I'll make more defining opinions about whether he's needed or not.

Many had decided Dembele wasn't good enough for Poch until he properly got him going, and I'm pretty sure he's older than Sissoko too....

I hope you are right.

Personally I always rated Dembele and figured he would come good. And the way I remember it Fulham fans were guttered to see him go which says alot.

When we signed Sissoko I adopted the view that Poch knew the player better than I did. I was aware Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans were not impressed with him but i figured as he was good during the Euros and because he always seemed to do well against us for Saudi Sportswashing Machine he would come good. I was not impressed with his start to his Spurs career but was ready to give him time but I have to be honest Poch's comments have alarmed me. For Poch to call out a player he signed just 3 months ago is cause for concern methinks

Sadio Mane on 3 times kanes salary - let that sink in

I like mane but everything has to be in context.

I'm not saying that Sissoko is value for money at all but it's a scewed comparison.

A better comparison would be redmond vs Sissoko and redmond went for half Sissokos fee and looks the better player

Could not agree more, that has been said lots of times on here but you still get those who try and bring it up as a comparison.

I hope you are right.

Personally I always rated Dembele and figured he would come good. And the way I remember it Fulham fans were guttered to see him go which says alot.

When we signed Sissoko I adopted the view that Poch knew the player better than I did. I was aware Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans were not impressed with him but i figured as he was good during the Euros and because he always seemed to do well against us for Saudi Sportswashing Machine he would come good. I was not impressed with his start to his Spurs career but was ready to give him time but I have to be honest Poch's comments have alarmed me. For Poch to call out a player he signed just 3 months ago is cause for concern methinks

I would agree; maybe Poch is playing SAF-style mind-games and Sissoko scores a double in one of our next few games...

I'm not entirely convinced that the kick up the backside tactic is going to work with Sissoko, although maybe Poch had a word with a sports psychologist first.

Sissoko strikes me as the type of player who needs to be told that is he one of the greatest players in the Premiership, if not the world. But that people just don't understand that. So all he has to do is show more people his wonderous talents. (Note that this very different from the arm around the shoulder tactic for players who, despite their talent, lack self-confidence deep down)

I'm afraid that that the dissing him to get him to prove himself tactic will just force him into a deep long lasting sulk.

I just don't believe the figures quoted in fees or wages.
At best it's 6m a year every year with a hefty sell on % if we off load.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine didnt sell Sissoko to us for £6m a season in a deal that we could cancel at any time.
He's brick but worth more than £6m.

Every few weeks on here this absolute garbage comes up from someone who doesn't want to believe we were that stupid to pay £30m for him.

It was started by this idiot on twitter
He put his own spin on a London Evening Standard article http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-mauricio-pochettino-wanted-the-a3334451.html

Here's the author's twitter https://twitter.com/TomCStandard/with_replies

Here's him trying to explain what he meant

just read that article of yours, @TomCStandard RE Sissoko, Saudi Sportswashing Machine will only receive £30m if he stays at Spurs for duration?

@hillyon No, they'll get their £30m, but when he's ultimately sold that will be part of the negotiations with the buying club.

So the reality is Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get their £30m. We are paying it.

If we sell early then the fee we get for Sissoko will go towards paying the instalments. But we are still paying £30m.

What Collomose is trying to say instead of the buyer giving us the money and us giving Saudi Sportswashing Machine the money, whats likely to happens is the buyer will just give Saudi Sportswashing Machine the money directly. That is his definition of us not paying it.

Paul O Keefe ‏@pokeefe1 4h4 hours ago @TomCStandard this 6 mill a year is for full amount yeah and not if he leaves we stop paying? Surely that's not right?

Tom CollomosseVerified account‏@TomCStandard@pokeefe1 No, but clearly it would be renegotiated if he did leave. Ie, they sell him to Marseille, that would be part of renegotiation 1/2

Tom CollomosseVerified account@TomCStandard@pokeefe1 (2/2) so you don't carry on paying for him if he leaves.

The reality is transfer fees are usually paid in installments and this type of thing happens all the time.

Fair comment - the guy had no pre season and came off the back of a tournament where they lost the final
Poor Sissoko. I know missing those things can contribute to performance but they don't contribute to such poor attitude and performance in training that Poch publicly calls him out.

I just hope this isn't Poch doing his first act of deflection to cover for HIS tactical failings/relatively poor results...i hope the press have overblown it a bit.
Hopefully in a few days time he gives this story the Wimmer treatment (i.e. he says that Sissoko is in his plans and that he press are making a big deal over nothing etc)

I hope you are right.

All fair comments, I'm not even saying he will turn out to be the player we are hoping for - just that a more appropriate amount of time should be given to judge before making conclusions...

Back