• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Its pointless discussing Sissoko with you, you see what you want to see end of. Im quite happy for him to be criticised when he's poor long as its not OTT and he gets recognition when he plays well. Those doing the excessive ciriticism have slowly diminished, but there's one or two who just can't adjust which is pretty sad....
If he ever gets to the point where his top performances are nearly good enough for our team then I'll start considering his use to us.

At the moment he's the least effective player in the squad - even people defending him have him below most of the rest of our team in the selection order.

You think a midfield full of technical ball players are going to win you the league or get you any sort of success? Every good team needs players who do the things that arent pretty, and hes really not as bad on the ball as is made out by some on here. Noone has ever suggested he has the technical ability of Eriksen or winks,but they wouldnt be able to do what they do if they didnt have others doing the running in certain spaces allowing them the freedom to express themselves its as simple as that....

The fault in your argument is the inference more technical players dont do he "not pretty" things.

I disagree entirely. Just look at the entire team aside from Sissoko. All predominantly "technical" and all put in one hell of a shift, all fight their battles, all cover huge distances in a game, all contribute. AND have more to offer with their contributions as well.

The fault in your argument is the inference more technical players dont do he "not pretty" things.

I disagree entirely. Just look at the entire team aside from Sissoko. All predominantly "technical" and all put in one hell of a shift, all fight their battles, all cover huge distances in a game, all contribute. AND have more to offer with their contributions as well.

Fair points; but why did Poch bring on Sissoko vs REAL MADRID instead of Dembele?

Who knows? Maybe fitness, wouldnt be surprise with Dembele.

Maybe its because he thought we would counter more and Sissokos direct bull in a china shop style might make something happen? We can only guess.

None of it does anything to invalidate the points above though.

Who knows? Maybe fitness, wouldnt be surprise with Dembele.

Maybe its because he thought we would counter more and Sissokos direct bull in a china shop style might make something happen? We can only guess.

None of it does anything to invalidate the points above though.

So Poch thought him useful from a tactical plan point of view then; i don't see why discussion re Sissoko can't simply be left at that; at least he is making the bench unlike some others..

Well, that tactical plan is kind of "despite Sissoko" rather than anything in his favour.

We know he will charge around and things will bounce off him, might as well use it ;)

The others that arent making the bench are injured, arent they? What is your point?

If he ever gets to the point where his top performances are nearly good enough for our team then I'll start considering his use to us.

At the moment he's the least effective player in the squad - even people defending him have him below most of the rest of our team in the selection order.
Yes, least effective player in our squad - yet he keeps on getting game time ahead of plenty of other squad players. Isnt there a stat that he's the only Spurs player to of featured in every game this season? My GHod, he must be awful - we all know how Poch loves giving ineffective players plenty of game time.....

I never said they dont put in a shift, its about the areas that they are putting in a shift. Knowing Sissoko is a willing runner up and down limits the space in what they have to cover because he covers greater distances than them.....

Well, that tactical plan is kind of "despite Sissoko" rather than anything in his favour.

We know he will charge around and things will bounce off him, might as well use it ;)

The others that arent making the bench are injured, arent they? What is your point?

Nkoudou isn't making the bench - and it's not like we couldn't use his kind of pace. My point is that Poch clearly sees him as useful and we don't need to keep this 'Church of the Sissoko hate' going, especially when we are winning; and no we are not winning 'despite' him; he is contributing and we are a TEAM and if he wasn't even now there are enough options for him not be used as he has been

Nkoudou isn't making the bench - and it's not like we couldn't use his kind of pace. My point is that Poch clearly sees him as useful and we don't need to keep this 'Church of the Sissoko hate' going, especially when we are winning; and no we are not winning 'despite' him; he is contributing and we are a TEAM and if he wasn't even now there are enough options for him not be used as he has been
So we've established he's better than Nkoudou (currently quite a low bar). Is he better than any of the rest of our first team squad? I don't think so.

Back