• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Dembele

And for free. Whereas they could get £5-6m from us now

Why would Fulham not receive a tribunal fee for him in the summer?

You said in another thread that Bosman's only apply to players over the age of 24.

I think we should agree a fee of say 5m, then loan him back top Fulham with a condition which stipulates that if Kane was to get injured we can recall him.

Why would Fulham not receive a tribunal fee for him in the summer?

You said in another thread that Bosman's only apply to players over the age of 24.

I think we should agree a fee of say 5m, then loan him back top Fulham with a condition which stipulates that if Kane was to get injured we can recall him.

I don't think that will work by the rules - also foreign teams signing him in the summer won't have to pay compensation as that's just for domestic clubs

From the Grauniad tonight...an attempt to squeeze more money from us?
Would seem silly as they'd get nothing in the summer...

Fulham dash Spurs hopes of signing Moussa Dembélé as Harry Kane cover

• Tottenham want striker now but loan-back deal is best they can hope for
• Championship side need talented teenager for battle against relegation

Fulham’s Moussa Dembélé is strong and quick, with 11 goals to his name in all competitions this season. Photograph: BPI/Rex/Shutterstock

David Hytner

@DaveHytner
Tuesday 26 January 2016 19.40 GMTLast modified on Tuesday 26 January 201622.54 GMT

Tottenham Hotspur have been told by Fulham they cannot have Moussa Dembélé before Monday’s transfer deadline.

Spurs want cover for Harry Kane and have made the 19-year-old centre-forward their prime January target but their best chance of signing Dembélé would appear to be on a loan-back deal.

It would be similar to the one they negotiated last February with MK Dons for Dele Alli. The midfielder’s £5m move was agreed on 2 February but he returned to MK Dons for the remainder of the season before joining Spurs in the summer.

Dembélé is out of contract at the end of the season, although he would not be available then for free; a tribunal would stand to fix the fee for him. Tottenham see merit in striking a deal now, which would enable them to beat off any competition in the summer but their need for a new striker is immediate.

So is Fulham’s need for Dembélé, and they have made that plain to Tottenham. As they languish 19th in the Championship, four points above the relegation zone, no amount of money they could receive now from a permanent sale feels worthwhile when set against the risk of going down.

Tottenham have scouted many strikers but Dembélé, who is strong and quick, ticks a lot of boxes. He has 11 goals in all competitions this season.

Fulham’s position is also entrenched because they are under a Football League transfer ban, which means they would not be allowed to reinvest immediately the proceeds of any sale.

The embargo for transgressing financial fair play regulations applies to the January window alone and there is the provision for the club to make loan signings, although they are able to offer only low wages. They are close to a short-term deal for the Sturm Graz centre-half Michael Madl.

Fulham depend on Dembélé and the other key striker, Ross McCormack, and worry about who would score the goals to keep them in the Championship if either left. McCormack, too, has his admirers and a £9m bid from Middlesbrough was rejected.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/26/tottenham-fulham-moussa-dembele

So do the loan back deal and loan a more experienced striker to fill in for the rest of the season.Why does it take 26 days to get to this point.

So do the loan back deal and loan a more experienced striker to fill in for the rest of the season.Why does it take 26 days to get to this point.

money-gif.gif

Why do some deals take until the last day of the transfer window to complete?

Transfers can become a game of bluff and double bluff. One transfer can set off a chain reaction. By way of very basic example, if “Club A” has a choice of two players and is negotiating hard to get the best deal, such a negotiation and transfer may take until the last few days of the window. Once the club goes ahead with the deal, the agent of the player that Club A decided against buying may have been negotiating with several other clubs and one of those clubs may now try to complete the transfer.

If Club A’s transfer is going through, another player in Club A’s squad may not play as much and may be told to find a new club in the closing days of the window. The transfer positions of various clubs if a club buys or does not buy, waits and negotiates on a particular deal or pulls out of a transfer, can all have knock-on consequences for other directly or indirectly linked transfers.

The arrival of transfer deadline day focuses minds.I can understand how it may seem strange that clubs leave major investment decisions to the very last minute – and sometimes that is the case. It should be stressed, however, that even transfers done on deadline day may have been the culmination of weeks or even months of planning even though, to the outside world, such a deal may appear to be a “panic buy”.

http://www.danielgeey.com/the-transfer-window-what-you-need-to-know/

This article sums up the Dembele pursuit up pretty well....

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...gh-up-fresh-saido-berahino-bid-a3165826.html?

The player holds all the aces here and, as I said before, the lack of development fee that foreign clubs would have to pay for him this summer mean they can offer him better terms.

We have two hopes left here:

1. Fulham accept that they will lose the player for nothing this summer and drop the asking price, allowing us to offer a better wage package.
2. Dembele decides that he would rather stay in England (in which case we are his most attractive offer).

Transfer rumour ping-pong between diffeent media outlets. Don't you love it??

(Of course they do; keeps them busy and fills airspace...)

Like I said above.... all is not (yet) lost with this one.

My thoughts are that the player is likely to wait until the end of the transfer deadline before committing himself to a pre-contract somewhere in Europe.

As the transfer window draws towards a close, the fee that Fulham are likely to accept is likely to reduce. As the fee reduces, the package that we offer is likely to increase. I doubt we will go as far at matching Monaco's reported £30k a week offer however.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10145462/fulham-prepared-to-sell-moussa-dembele-to-tottenham

Fulham are prepared to sell Moussa Dembele to Tottenham before the winter transfer deadline and a fee between £4m and £6m could land the striker, Sky sources understand.
Of course they are, at the moment they risk losing him for nothing on a pre-contract to a foreign club. My guess is that as little £2 million plus some add-ons would be enough to snare him.

The limited options are becoming more limited.

Jeremy Peace will be adding on another couple of million to Berhaino's value.
Theres an article in the Mail yesterday saying we will make a final offer of £17m, no idea if that's been mentioned in the Berahino thread....

Theres an article in the Mail yesterday saying we will make a final offer of £17m, no idea if that's been mentioned in the Berahino thread....
Indeed. I think also a story in the Standard saying similar (although £18 million mentioned instead of £17 million).

Indeed. I think also a story in the Standard saying similar (although £18 million mentioned instead of £17 million).

Yes £17m and £18m were the figures yesterday in 2 different reports, to be fair West Brom had issue with us offering big money at the end of the summer transfer window so I cant imagine doing the same now will help our cause.

Back