• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

He doesn’t even look that quick though
But he just looks bloody classy doesn’t he
Nevile once again underestimated his pace. There was a moment I think in the first half or the beginning of the 2nd half when Saka had the ball wide right and tried to run at VDV and he just took the ball off him early and Neville was all like he was worried because Saka would have been able to run at him. He's truly clueless that VDV is faster and stronger than Saka. [emoji23]

Again VDV is just so calm, handled everything that came at him with absolute aplomb.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Nevile once again underestimated his pace. There was a moment I think in the first half or the beginning of the 2nd half when Saka had the ball wide right and tried to run at VDV and he just took the ball off him early and Neville was all like he was worried because Saka would have been able to run at him. He's truly clueless that VDV is faster and stronger than Saka. [emoji23]

Again VDV is just so calm, handled everything that came at him with absolute aplomb.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

These idiot pundits don't do research and they just don't get it

Neville should have realized in the United match Rashford broke away and VDV jogged to keep pace with him, ridiculous how quick that guy is.

He doesn't even look that fast either, long strides I suppose... just seems to jog and he's keeping pace with these pacey players.

F6z4t1OXgAAgG77

He had two ropey moments yesterday. One where he sliced wide for a corner and another where he trod on the ball but recovered and passed back to Vicario. Other than that, he was absolutely faultless. MOTM for me.

Loving him and Romero as a pair. Romero is a hell of a lot less rash next to VdV than he's been since he got here.

Yet another young player who looks confident in his own ability, anything can happen but his start for us has been excellant.

Absolutely fantastic. Wide players are going to have to adapt and instead of relying on pace either start dribbling (an art that is far less prevalent in wide players than before) or learn to cut in front of his stride so he has to go around the long way or less favoured side.
That another one of those elements that just make the opposition have to make adjustments to handle us. It's great.

Nailed it.... For the extra inch fans "it's in the way he moves"
Every game I watch him confirms it. By the end of the season he will be more vital than Romero. His composure is top level, the way he can drive forward with the ball but only at the right time is uncanny. He is perfectly suited to Anges system and he will be the best defender in the world, somebody here said I had big balls to call it that early but he is seriously good. I hate to say how highly I rate saliba because it hurts, but this guy is going to be better.

Nailed it.... For the extra inch fans "it's in the way he moves"
Every game I watch him confirms it. By the end of the season he will be more vital than Romero. His composure is top level, the way he can drive forward with the ball but only at the right time is uncanny. He is perfectly suited to Anges system and he will be the best defender in the world, somebody here said I had big balls to call it that early but he is seriously good. I hate to say how highly I rate saliba because it hurts, but this guy is going to be better.
To be fair, I did say that you put your balls on the line, irrespective of their size. In all seriousness, it's the same thing as you made a bold claim. So far, he's been playing really well so I've been incredibly happy with how he's been doing. To say that this guy will be one of the best defenders in the world.... I'm not ready to board that train yet but so far, the signs are promising. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Dutch senior team, which let's be honest, will be very soon if he keeps playing the way he is.

Lastly, there's nothing wrong with judging players and being unbiased about it, even if they play for a rival club. Saliba did look really good yesterday and I did spend some time thinking about whether Saliba or VdV had the better game.

Maybe you should go work for the club as a scout lol. Either way, I hope you're eventually proven right when Micky is up on stage accepting the Ballon d'Or.

with Vicario and VDV its shown that more $$$$ does not always mean a better player.
And Chelsea.

with Vicario and VDV its shown that more $$$$ does not always mean a better player.

Some people will never see that, just pay the asking price and guarantee you get your man like N'dembele. These are the clever signings we need to make like Brighton, Postercoglu seems to have an open mind to talent where ever it comes from, and doesn't waste time watching 3 min YouTube videos to select targets.

Some people will never see that, just pay the asking price and guarantee you get your man like N'dembele. These are the clever signings we need to make like Brighton, Postercoglu seems to have an open mind to talent where ever it comes from, and doesn't waste time watching 3 min YouTube videos to select targets.

in some respects I think Levy gets a really raw deal. he does penny pinch and some deals seem to take an eternity to get over the line. But, he has spend some big money on players and its backfired. We have always done better when we but an exciting young player who develops. Modric, Berba, Bale, Lennon, etc etc. Then we went and got so called winning managers and look at the dross we have had to deal with.

We need to stick to what works for us. A good Attacking manager, young players with talent that are up and coming. Poch was like this as a manager, he needed youth and energy, its the same for Ange. So we might seem some of our younger players start to make it through again.

It's almost as if there is more than 1 player in the world that is good in their position. Maybe you don't get the first choice. Doesn't mean 2nd choice can't kick a ball. Or might not be even better than the 1st choice.

To be fair, I did say that you put your balls on the line, irrespective of their size. In all seriousness, it's the same thing as you made a bold claim. So far, he's been playing really well so I've been incredibly happy with how he's been doing. To say that this guy will be one of the best defenders in the world.... I'm not ready to board that train yet but so far, the signs are promising. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Dutch senior team, which let's be honest, will be very soon if he keeps playing the way he is.

Lastly, there's nothing wrong with judging players and being unbiased about it, even if they play for a rival club. Saliba did look really good yesterday and I did spend some time thinking about whether Saliba or VdV had the better game.

Maybe you should go work for the club as a scout lol. Either way, I hope you're eventually proven right when Micky is up on stage accepting the Ballon d'Or.

And Chelsea.
I don't think my strike rate is high enough, the last one I called early was Bale so I'll stick with the day job.

Back