• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

He had two ropey moments yesterday. One where he sliced wide for a corner and another where he trod on the ball but recovered and passed back to Vicario. Other than that, he was absolutely faultless. MOTM for me.

Loving him and Romero as a pair. Romero is a hell of a lot less rash next to VdV than he's been since he got here.
VdV has brought his calmness so that Romero doesn't need to be so aggressive (I don't say rash because he knows what he's doing). This was a vital signing, long may it go from strength to strength.

Not just vdv, udogie too.

I still think Royal is a better defender than Porro but with angeball we defend from the front. And we had the best right side last season with Kulu ahead.

If we had played a back four last season it might have been:
Davies-Dier-Romero-Royal

And now its:
Udogie-VdV-Romero-porro

Credit to Ange he got new boys Udogie and Vdv firing from game #1!

For someone so young and so early into his PL indoctrination, he's looking the bee's nuts. He's emerging very quickly and proving to be a vital part of a very promising back four.

For someone so young and so early into his PL indoctrination, he's looking the bee's nuts. He's emerging very quickly and proving to be a vital part of a very promising back four.

Seems like we did alright settling for VDV instead of Tapsoba :D

Some awkward moments like the own goals or Gakpo's today but on the whole, the guy looks incredibly composed and the kind of seemingly hidden (according to commentators) recovery pace that he has is invaluable.

I still think we're taking the tinkle not having any proven quality back ups for either but with VDV + Romero we have a quality partnership. I don't think the system works with either Davies or Philips replacing either of them as both Micky and Cuti are so confident on the ball. Alongside a competitive back up GK we could really do with a decent CB in January as otherwise we're just praying for no injuries.

Seems like we did alright settling for VDV instead of Tapsoba :D

Some awkward moments like the own goals or Gakpo's today but on the whole, the guy looks incredibly composed and the kind of seemingly hidden (according to commentators) recovery pace that he has is invaluable.

I still think we're taking the tinkle not having any proven quality back ups for either but with VDV + Romero we have a quality partnership. I don't think the system works with either Davies or Philips replacing either of them as both Micky and Cuti are so confident on the ball. Alongside a competitive back up GK we could really do with a decent CB in January as otherwise we're just praying for no injuries.
Not seen Philips but for sure Davies can't. Unlike other teams our CBs cover a lot of ground, like how Cuti gets high up to support attack or Vdv covers Salah down the wing when Liverpool counters quickly.

Even though it's one game a week I don't think either will get through the season without injuries. So we need another CB backup and hopefully Davies and Dier can contribute to the transfer budget

The kid is only 22 but he looks so composed allready. If he keeps improving ( and i see no reason he will not) we will have a very good player who could be up there with the likes of Jan, Toby, etc.

The kid is only 22 but he looks so composed allready. If he keeps improving ( and i see no reason he will not) we will have a very good player who could be up there with the likes of Jan, Toby, etc.
I watched an interview the other day -- the one in a car, probably a page or through earlier in this thread -- where he said he used to watch videos of Verts, possibly even modelling his game on him. I mean, they're both Dutch left-footed centre backs after all. Bodes well.

Back