• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

CBs…we were trying a whole year ago! Then when we broke for the WC it was clear our defence was our Achilles heel. Was posting the same at the time. Yet our DoF hasn’t addressed. If he wasn’t sacked already you’d sack Paratici wouldn’t you for such oversight!

The only ‘defence’ I can muster for the club is it’s a critical position and you want the right player/s, rather than getting in someone who is not good enough. Better to spend big when the right players are available than buy halfhearted and twice.

Are you happy we've not strengthened at CB? We'll never know what the reasons are, it could be that as it's so obvious we need quality we're being quoted ridiculous fees and obviously clubs aren't obliged to sell. However, the time is ticking away to get someone in and have time to settle.

If you're happy with the consistency of Dier / Romero giving away a goal a game alongside Porro at RB who effectively has the same reliability level then great, a two goal deficit is daring to do for sure But in the formation change we have lost a man in the CB position, to counter that we could do with more quality either in that position or shielding in front of the defense, we have done neither and Bissouma getting injured would be huge.

No point panicking but cool calm and collected as we stitch up another manager going in to the season is interesting, unless the game plan is legitimately to win games 5 - 4.

I think things have ground to a halt as we’ve spent our net transfer budget on the signings already made. I suspect we’ll buy at least one and possibly two centre backs once we bring in some money by selling Kane.

I think things have ground to a halt as we’ve spent our net transfer budget on the signings already made. I suspect we’ll buy at least one and possibly two centre backs once we bring in some money by selling Kane.

Yeah I've wondered if it's the Kane situation that's stalling the centre-back purchase. No point getting VDV now if we end up selling Kane and can afford Tapsoba instead. (Personally I don't see us getting both - think we might want to spend some of the Kane cash on another striker instead).

(Personally I don't see us getting both - think we might want to spend some of the Kane cash on another striker instead).

Depends on what the baseline is that we can afford without Kane being sold. If we're planning for VDV and Tosin in that situation, then post a Kane sale then perhaps its better CBs and a CF

I think we'll need to spend at least all the Kane money on replacing Kane. Ferguson or Muani would likely cost c.£80m. So I don't think that comes into the CB conundrum. It's more shifting Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Regullion, Sanchez etc.

I think we'll need to spend at least all the Kane money on replacing Kane. Ferguson or Muani would likely cost c.£80m. So I don't think that comes into the CB conundrum. It's more shifting Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Regullion, Sanchez etc.
I'm a big fan of Ferguson and think he's the real deal, but £80m would be a lot for a player that has only 20 PL games and 6 goals.

Reactions: DTA

I was imagining that Ange might give Richarlison a chance as our #1 if Harry goes - which I do appreciate is controversial!

I'm a big fan of Ferguson and think he's the real deal, but £80m would be a lot for a player that has only 20 PL games and 6 goals.

Imagine if United/Chelsea/Liverpool/City had given us £15-20m for Kane in 2014. That would have seemed an awful lot, but it would by now have paid back 20x over.

Back