• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

No way are we about to spend £80m-£90m on a CF.

If we sign someone to compete with Richy or be ahead of him in the pecking order, we'll spend £50m - £60m
A no 2 (probably young player - say 20-22 yrs old), we'll spend £30m-£40m
Perhaps if we sign a RW who can play CF, we'll spend £50m-£60m

Anyone above those brackets would be impossible to attract given no CL football, and they'd have richer suitors
There isn’t many, if any forwards out there in that price bracket TBF

No way are we about to spend £80m-£90m on a CF.

If we sign someone to compete with Richy or be ahead of him in the pecking order, we'll spend £50m - £60m
A no 2 (probably young player - say 20-22 yrs old), we'll spend £30m-£40m
Perhaps if we sign a RW who can play CF, we'll spend £50m-£60m

Anyone above those brackets would be impossible to attract given no CL football, and they'd have richer suitors

Wrong thread but i'd go £20m on Gift Orban. Roll the dice. If he keeps on as he's going he could be amazing.

Wrong thread but i'd go £20m on Gift Orban. Roll the dice. If he keeps on as he's going he could be amazing.
Would we get him for 20m? If we could then he'd be worth a gamble, looks to have huge potential. Even if he doesn't fill it we should still make our money back on him.

Would we get him for 20m? If we could then he'd be worth a gamble, looks to have huge potential. Even if he doesn't fill it we should still make our money back on him.

No idea. They only bought him last year for €3m though.

If we sell Kane I think we should give Richy a chance to be the main man, and concentrate on reinforcing the CBs.
We can always reevaluate at anytime, but for once we shouldn't rush to spend all the money imo.
Not against that. I've never been convinced by Richi as a goalscorer, but Brazil are and we hopefully transitioning to a structure again based on multiple goal scorers (another reason I hope Ange puts Porro further forward - he has goals in him).

We'd still need another option as competition for Richi. Any Kane sale means we'll pay over the odds. Would be ideal if we could find a reliable stop gap, like a Pavlyuchenko.

Not against that. I've never been convinced by Richi as a goalscorer, but Brazil are and we hopefully transitioning to a structure again based on multiple goal scorers (another reason I hope Ange puts Porro further forward - he has goals in him).

We'd still need another option as competition for Richi. Any Kane sale means we'll pay over the odds. Would be ideal if we could find a reliable stop gap, like a Pavlyuchenko.
Brazil aren't convinced, they just have no better options currently. The last 10 or years have been very slim pickings for Brazilian strikers. Since the days of Luis Fabiano really and even he was a significant drop in quality from his predecessors.

They do have some prospects coming through but it will take some time before they are ready to take up that mantle.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Brazil aren't convinced, they just have no better options currently. The last 10 or years have been very slim pickings for Brazilian strikers. Since the days of Luis Fabiano really and even he was a significant drop in quality from his predecessors.

They do have some prospects coming through but it will take some time before they are ready to take up that mantle.

They are convinced enough to start him. And they've done ok!

They are convinced enough to start him. And they've done ok!
By their standards? They've done pretty crap tbh but that's not down to Richy. Brazil have just generally been going through a dry spell talent wise. They are nowhere near their standard of the 70s, 80, 90s or 00s. Kind of sad to see how far they have regressed.

I will say they do seem to have some really interesting talent coming through that might rekindle the Brazil of old, but we'll see.

By their standards? They've done pretty crap tbh but that's not down to Richy. Brazil have just generally been going through a dry spell talent wise. They are nowhere near their standard of the 70s, 80, 90s or 00s. Kind of sad to see how far they have regressed.

I will say they do seem to have some really interesting talent coming through that might rekindle the Brazil of old, but we'll see.

I’m with you. I’m all for having an interchangeable front 3 and not relying on any one striker but we need a replacement for Kane if he leaves and Richarlison hasn’t filled me with confidence. Not saying he can’t be the man bit I wouldn’t be optimistic if he’s our only striker and we didn’t sign another.

I’m with you. I’m all for having an interchangeable front 3 and not relying on any one striker but we need a replacement for Kane if he leaves and Richarlison hasn’t filled me with confidence. Not saying he can’t be the man bit I wouldn’t be optimistic if he’s our only striker and we didn’t sign another.
All depends what his role is
He isn’t going to get 30 goals like Kane
He can play the higher attacking line though and also be a nuisance for the opposition Cbs
I’d back him for 15 goals
My worry is… he doesn’t understand the offside rule well enough to change his game
Bug the counter is under ange he will get a lot of opportunities

He can play the higher attacking line though and also be a nuisance for the opposition Cbs
My worry is… he doesn’t understand the offside rule well enough to change his game
I reckon he’ll get 20 goals but 10 of them will be ruled out for offside on VAR review.

Thinking it might be Mickey VDV, Ashley Philips and wait until Jan and then sign Toney if Richarlison is not delivering the goods

I think it'll be 2 CBs, Philipps and a 20-22 year old CF who will eventually take over from Richy when Real or Barca come calling for him in a couple years

Would be amazed if barca or Madrid came for Richi, but happy because it meant he did good with us.

I think Richy will score a ton of goals in Ange's system. We'll create a load of chances and because the wide men in Ange's system play really wide (or at least start really wide), it'll give Richy a lot of space which will be perfect for his direct running.

I think it'll be 2 CBs, Philipps and a 20-22 year old CF who will eventually take over from Richy when Real or Barca come calling for him in a couple years
Real Oviedo and Barcelona SC the Ecuadorian club? [emoji1787][emoji31]

I would hope with Maddison in the team now, we can release the ball a bit quicker and he won't be caught offside as much.

Back