• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

Talk was Ange wants at least 1 CB before we fly out on tour, If its not all gonad*s then we'll find out soon enough!

We're messing about?

We go away as a squad in five days time. What’s wrong with identifying targets, enquire about fees, decide what we want as highest offer and then go in and get it done. I know it’s not Football Manager BUT at times it feels like we take too long over deals especially when I assume we have previously identified targets that we want unless a crazy deal presents itself.

Or that is the reason why we were delaying it in the first place? you act as if we have already agreed a fee and then they have added an extra £10m, i would walk away, guy doesn't look all that good anyway.

Talk is we have agreed terms, that was last Monday/Tuesday. What’s happened since then? Ask Wolfsburg how much they want/propose an opening offer and then negotiate price over couple days maximum. If their price exceeds what we are happy to pay then walk away.

Talk is we have agreed terms, that was last Monday/Tuesday. What’s happened since then? Ask Wolfsburg how much they want/propose an opening offer and then negotiate price over couple days maximum. If their price exceeds what we are happy to pay then walk away.
It isn’t that easy is it.

It isn’t that easy is it.

Apparently not although I can’t think why not. If I want to buy a new car, I’ll go to the prospective seller. They’ll tell me a price and it can all be sorted within a day.

If a footballer is happy to sign for us if the clubs can agree on a valuation then why does the valuation agreement take so long? What is there to talk about? Surely couple of people in a room for an hour or so could sort it?

We go away as a squad in five days time. What’s wrong with identifying targets, enquire about fees, decide what we want as highest offer and then go in and get it done. I know it’s not Football Manager BUT at times it feels like we take too long over deals especially when I assume we have previously identified targets that we want unless a crazy deal presents itself.

Nothing wrong with that but as far as i can see Tapsoba is the primary target but more expensive with VdV being the fall back option and cheaper - all part of the transfer cat & mouse

Apparently not although I can’t think why not. If I want to buy a new car, I’ll go to the prospective seller. They’ll tell me a price and it can all be sorted within a day.

If a footballer is happy to sign for us if the clubs can agree on a valuation then why does the valuation agreement take so long? What is there to talk about? Surely couple of people in a room for an hour or so could sort it?

There is a huge difference between buying a car and the difference a selling football club values its player and what the buying club does.

That's why we talk to more than one option at a time and generally now it's why we get things done quickly, last summer we had all our business done pre tour

I always believed when you are buying a product or service you should ask the price and never tell the provider initially how much you are prepared to pay.

I always believed when you are buying a product or service you should ask the price and never tell the provider initially how much you are prepared to pay.

Obviously i've never been in any deals of this sort but i have heard others (that have) say, just go in with a bid. Flesh it out. Find out where both parties stand. Then negotiate.

You don't tell them how much you are willing to pay. But find a starting point.

Yeh exactly and in football you have the added complexity that the selling club will have their price point which isnt in a guide book like buying a car hahah.

Perceptions are interesting on these things, deals that come out the blue have likely been negotiated in the background for weeks/months, we are generally a quick to sign club these days but are never going to shake the hard negotiation tag whilst people ignore Man United probably negotiated for over a month on Mount, for example.

I think there is a loss of sight that clubs selling don't just roll over and have their bellies tickled, they want the best for their club as much as the buying club does and so it should be

The selling party for a car and other products give an invitation to treat which one itself is not an offer. Therefore when you go to buy a product you can choose to offer a different valuation and cannot accept the price set as an invitation to treat as it is not an offer. It is merely an indication of the ball park within which the transaction is likely to operate.

There are loads of factors at play.

The sellers might be super keen to sell as they are desperate for cash and happy to get rid because they have replacements already in the squad, or the opposite, they might be desperate to keep hold as he is the key to their improvement.

Or because the selling club are talking to their potential replacements and negotiating their own deals. They might want £Xm but if they manage to land their replacement for a good fee, they will accept £Xm minus a bit, or if the replacement is looking expensive they may want more.

You mean like we did with the goalkeeper? Moved from Raya at £40m to Vicario being done within a few days. Chill out, if it happens it happens. You've probably even never heard of this player before.

True we can't know for sure how negotiations have gone ...could be that we've signed him already and just posturing to appease the fans as much as another bidder has come in.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

The selling party for a car and other products give an invitation to treat which one itself is not an offer. Therefore when you go to buy a product you can choose to offer a different valuation and cannot accept the price set as an invitation to treat as it is not an offer. It is merely an indication of the ball park within which the transaction is likely to operate.
When you are buying a car you have only one party to deal with and convince of the deal. With a player there are multiple parties involved, often with different agendas. Sometimes it's easy and done quickly others not so easy.

When you are buying a car you have only one party to deal with and convince of the deal. With a player there are multiple parties involved, often with different agendas. Sometimes it's easy and done quickly others not so easy.

But if the player has already reportedly agreed terms then the only business is for the two clubs to find a structured deal that they both agree?

But if the player has already reportedly agreed terms then the only business is for the two clubs to find a structured deal that they both agree?
Reportedly, doesn't mean it's the case. And even if it's sorting with just the club, maybe they don't want to sell or are in other negotiations that they need to sort first before they are willing to sell or maybe we're looking to complete other deals first before this one.

Back