• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

But if the player has already reportedly agreed terms then the only business is for the two clubs to find a structured deal that they both agree?

And unlike buying a car you can't point to the exact same model and work out the price because of what that car, based on market conditions is factually worth.

Players are not cars, selling clubs will always have a different value to their players than the buying, you are over simplifying something that has too many moving parts and opinions

Would be nice to have 1/2 new CB's in before we go to Oz, looking unlikely now
It's ok though as we have Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Roden !!

Would be nice to have 1/2 new CB's in before we go to Oz, looking unlikely now
It's ok though as we have Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga and Roden !!

Sounds like a deal is edging closer for Sanchez to Galatassaray though. Tanganga and Rodon should be easy to flog I hope too

I'm not one to knock Levy, but I do hope we're not haggling over a couple of million when it would be worth more than that to give our new manager the benefit of a pre-season with his new CB(s).

We need to buy both VDV and Tapsoba. If not, the one we buy will turn out to be gash, and the other one will go to some other team and turn out to be world class.
Like Daimao and the Sock?

would love to buy both but we’d be talking 80m to get it done wouldn’t we?

Could be VDV is just a 2nd option and while we might still want to bring him in, we want Tapsoba in and with players moving bring in VDV as well.

Perhaps a case of letting the shop-window players showcase their value during pre-season to sell them for a little bit more? Obviously Lloris won't be around much longer but I do hope he gets the chance to play in one of the post-tour friendlies before he leaves (not that I'm thinking we'll get a lot for him, but the freed wages certainly won't hurt).

More likely trying to get the best value again which is Levy's top priority. Instead of Solomon i would have used the money to get either Tapsoba/VDV early just to fix a priority area early and not risk losing early points for not being ready.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Not so...Wages, effort and time ...feels like Spurs is more keen on cheap or opportunistic deals while taking time to whittle down the price for strategic deals.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Or maybe ange wants to see the squad first before making a decision on who stays, who goes and who we need to bring in?

Back