• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Micky van de Ven

I took a look at the home of the Wolfs

https://www.wolfs-blog.de/nach-liverpool-jetzt-auch-tottenham-an-micky-van-de-ven-interessiert/

It's a shame about VdV, which I see together with Barzagli as the strongest IV in our history. However, in terms of skills, probably even No. 1. His speed when starting, his body. If he continues he will be a Top5 World Class IV.

Therefore, the cash registers really have to ring for him. Anything under 45 million would be bad. Just look at the transfer fees for which Upamecano, Konate, etc. have switched.

I wouldn't let Van de Ven go for less than 50m. why? Contract was only extended in the spring, without AK. The contract runs forever. The boy has potential like no other.

In the end, everyone is their own neighbor. F. Nmecha could do more theatre, with a shorter contract and deployment times. But I don't think it would be in Van de Ven's interest to bitch about a failed move and sit on the bench for years. He deserves more money now because of good performances, but then as a young player you should keep your feet on the ground and not change clubs like underpants.

Logically, I assumed that when the contract was last extended, it was agreed that he would stay for another year. Why else should you pay him more money so that he says "thank you and goodbye" 3 months later? You don't have to let any player dance on your nose, they should also keep a little groundedness and not take off completely.

All in all, a little more self-confidence and ego would do VfL good, and not say yes and amen to everything that players or other clubs would like and accept every third-class offer.

Netherlands out of the euro u21's
It's hard to judge VdV from that. Georgia had some very tricky little dribblers to deal with, which is probably not VdV's forte since he is so tall.
The Georgia goal was a mazy dribble, the guy just drifted past several players including VdV and slotted it in with ease, so one could easily put some blame on VdV but maybe he felt he was just directing him into traffic in the middle.
That is sometimes the problem with 3 at the back, each centre back kind of passes the buck until nobody properly challenges. Probably with only 2 centre backs VdV would have come out and challenged properly.

Anyway, to be captain of the Dutch U21s you must be fairly decent. Hard to judge.

It's hard to judge VdV from that. Georgia had some very tricky little dribblers to deal with, which is probably not VdV's forte since he is so tall.
The Georgia goal was a mazy dribble, the guy just drifted past several players including VdV and slotted it in with ease, so one could easily put some blame on VdV but maybe he felt he was just directing him into traffic in the middle.
That is sometimes the problem with 3 at the back, each centre back kind of passes the buck until nobody properly challenges. Probably with only 2 centre backs VdV would have come out and challenged properly.

Anyway, to be captain of the Dutch U21s you must be fairly decent. Hard to judge.

Thst defensive problem seemed to happen for us against Sheffield United last season. I don’t remember the goalscorers name but he just waltzed in and scored with no one challenging him.

Going for the cheaper option. Wah wah wah.

It's all I'm seeing on Facebook about Vicario. No doubt the moaners will be out in force again. Never mind the fact we're still in the middle of overhauling our squad and need to get the most out of the money we have. Bet most of them know next to nothing about the actual players.

If we get rid of a lot of the deadwood, i can see us going and getting all of our realistic targets this window.

So keeper and midfielder signed.

Now for a CB or 2...

Tapsoba, Van de Ven, who are the best options we could go for?

Back