• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

did not see it because i got in late, always had a soft spot for dawson even if he seems a little stupid

is verts banned for 3 games now.

I asked in the thread what would the outcome be for Verts, I thought it may have been one or two games, so he's likely to miss the Champions League qualifiers if we get that far. But by then we should have Kaboul to partner Dawson or Caulker so I think it'll be a good rest for him.

came careering out of position when he didn't really need to - got done by the attacker who moved in to the gapping hole he left leaving Vertonghen little option but to step across and take the red

damn right i blame him for the red!

still though can't be too harsh on him he did put in some great tackles/blocks etc

True

I asked in the thread what would the outcome be for Verts, I thought it may have been one or two games, so he's likely to miss the Champions League qualifiers if we get that far. But by then we should have Kaboul to partner Dawson or Caulker so I think it'll be a good rest for him.

Scary!

Lots of effort and last ditch tackling, but error prone. Always rushes into situations. His performances are generally a reflection of who he's partnered with.

Dawson is told I'm sure to attack the ball early in the high line so the likelihood is he will get done sometimes. But seriously to compare his performance to Ade's is laughable.

haha i admire your optimism

Re: Dawson's best 11

How did Defoe get ahead of Berbatov, think that one must be the biggest mystery.

He's the captain, he has to favour his current team-mates. Would have liked to see Woodgate in there alongside King (the best defensive partnership I've ever watched in a Spurs shirt), but Jan's not a bad choice, all things considered.

Love the thought of Daws being our skipper, though. He's never reached the form he showed when partnered with King at the back, but he's loyal, and he's committed, which will see him finish his career here if everything goes along smoothly between him and the club. Sure, it might be because the likes of Real and Barca would never be interested in him, but I like the feeling of having a player whose ceiling is probably captaining us and who's happy to fight to stay at that ceiling.

Last edited:

He's the captain, he has to favour his current team-mates. Would have liked to see Woodgate in there alongside King (the best defensive partnership I've ever watched in a Spurs shirt), but Jan's not a bad choice, all things considered.

Love the thought of Daws being our skipper, though. He's never reached the form he showed when partnered with King at the back, but he's loyal, and he's committed, which will see him finish his career here if everything goes along smoothly between him and the club. Sure, it might be because the likes of Real and Barca would never be interested in him, but I like the feeling of having a player whose ceiling is probably captaining us and who's happy to fight to stay at that ceiling.

Same here, and it's for that very reason i'd like to see the likes of Defoe and Lennon also remain at the club. I think it's important to have players at the club that have been here a while, players that understand what the club is about and as a result the fans can identify with, it bridges the gap. That connection is also the reason why all the aforementioned player's names get chanted the most, fans appreciate the years of commitment each player has given to the club. It's sad to hear fans wanting rid of such players so rapidly once a new player comes in, people often complain about player loyalty but fan loyalty is just as bad.

We still miss you Ledders!

Best CB I've ever witnessed in the flesh. Including Colin Calderwood...

Same here, and it's for that very reason i'd like to see the likes of Defoe and Lennon also remain at the club. I think it's important to have players at the club that have been here a while, players that understand what the club is about and as a result the fans can identify with, it bridges the gap. That connection is also the reason why all the aforementioned player's names get chanted the most, fans appreciate the years of commitment each player has given to the club. It's sad to hear fans wanting rid of such players so rapidly once a new player comes in, people often complain about player loyalty but fan loyalty is just as bad.

Very much agreed

100% agree with you and Dubai, great posts. I love Daws and he'd be the first name on the team every week for me.

New Deal for Dawson

The Club is delighted to announce that Michael Dawson has signed a new three-year contract, committing his future to the Club until 2016.

Club captain Michael is one of our longest serving players having joined us in January, 2005 from Nottingham Forest as a 21-year-old.

The popular centre-half was a key member of the squad that secured our first top-four Premier League finish in 2010 and then reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League the following season, proudly leading the team out at the San Siro in our memorable win over AC Milan and the Bernabeu.

Capped four times by England, Daws has made a total of 293 career appearances in our colours to date and scored 10 times.

Back