• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Should be a social rule, dammit. See something you think someone else would like, go on and share it. Youtube's bloody free. :D

Thanks anyway.

Dawson

With QPR and Sunderland desperate for an experienced PL Center Back, I could see him being sold in Jan, if a decent offer is forthcoming.

With BAE due to return Vertonghen can play at CB again. I thought Verts was excellent again yesterday at left back, one of the few players to come out of the game with any credit. An alternative scenario could see us bring in a replacement for Daws, allowing AVB to continue to play Verts at LB if he wanted to. Or to recall Rose for LB reinforcements.

They say everyone has a price. What would be your price to sell Daws? And would AVB and Levy agree with you? Or should we hang on to him? At 29 he has 5 years of football potentially, is a good team man etc.

I have a feeling that Harry's recent mouthing off is related to not being able to reach an agreement with Levy over Dawson (or possibly Gallas).

Last edited:

I thought for a while against Stoke, Dawson looked like he had sharpened up his passing game a bit, as he was giving the ball short nice and easy. Unfortunately, as he came under a bit more pressure he reverted to knocking it long. But I think that is more because his first touch isn't that great, and so he puts himself under pressure and has to clear. He looks a bit panicky in tight situations.

I wouldn't want to sell him yet though. Verts, Caulker, Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas, may seem like too many CBs, but one or two will always be injured, and Gallas is getting on. I'd wait until the summer to make a decision.

Dawson hasn't been playing regularly, so his lack of touch is understandable.

I think a move makes sense for him though - he's not going to get a lot of games with Verts, Kaboul (once fit) and Caulker likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Billy, what amount would change your mind? Would £11 million do it? That could be a down payment on top midfield player.

The loss to the team is a question however, he is the club captain.

i don't think we'll be selling Dawson until the summer, if at all. i think AVB realizes he has some contribution to make towards our season and seemingly he appreciates his usefulness in games against the likes of Stoke and West Ham.

I don't think we should sell him in January at all - we'll need him in the latter stages of the season where we'll have a lot of cup action in Europe and in The FA Cup. Perhaps in the summer where we may think about a replacement, but at this moment we want to hold onto our squad players to ensure that we don't run thin when it really matters.

2a8ly5h.png

Think Andre has learnt to love him.

Think we're more likely to let Gallas go to somewhere like QPR - he's out of contract/going to retire in the summer, so if we can get something for him it would be great. Expect he's on much bigger wages than Dawson too.

There are players you dont sell because theyre kind of the foundation of the team - Dawson, Lennon, Defoe spring to mind.

There are players you dont sell because theyre kind of the foundation of the team - Dawson, Lennon, Defoe spring to mind.

Or just the final remnants of Jol's team?

Lloris, Verts, Kaboul, Sandro and Dembele are the foundation of our new team.

I like dawson and do not want him to go, he is not the best but i think sometimes he is under appreciated, offers a lot for the team, his cross field passes do annoy me at times but i still really like him.

I like dawson and do not want him to go, he is not the best but i think sometimes he is under appreciated, offers a lot for the team, his cross field passes do annoy me at times but i still really like him.

So long as he's happy not to be first choice for the majority of games, we absolutely must keep him.

He's the kind of character who must be a great role model for younger players; a really good influence in the dressing room; and a fine ambassador for Tottenham Hotspur.

He's also an automatic first choice pick for games against Stoke and other teams that are big on aerial strength and low on speed and technique.

So long as he's happy not to be first choice for the majority of games, we absolutely must keep him.

He's the kind of character who must be a great role model for younger players; a really good influence in the dressing room; and a fine ambassador for Tottenham Hotspur.

He's also an automatic first choice pick for games against Stoke and other teams that are big on aerial strength and low on speed and technique.

THIS

Based on what AVB said back in December (I think it was) I fear you might be disappointed. I would be sad to see him leave as well.

I think it depends primarily on how Kaboul recovers form his injury and what kind of bid we (potentially) get for Dawson.

Back