• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

AVB likes playing him against big men up top so can see him staying. Gallas is on his last legs as well so he'll be on e of 4 CBs from this summer. Cant see him going anywhere

Kaboul's injury may have proven to be a blessing in disguise (depending on whether you are a Daws fan or not). Had he not been injured, AVB would have persisted with Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen and Kaboul. Without Kaboul for the majority of the season this has allowed Daws another chance and it means a year closer to retirement for Gallas.

AVB likes playing him against big men up top so can see him staying. Gallas is on his last legs as well so he'll be on e of 4 CBs from this summer. Cant see him going anywhere

That has been true all along.

I agree that we do need 4 centre backs. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker won't be enough come the summer. I think there's a very good chance we let Dawson go now or in the summer, let Gallas go in the summer and then bring in someone new. If we get a good offer for Dawson that is.

From a financial standpoint having a 29 year old 4th choice centre back who is actually worth quite a bit of money in the market, but will lose that value quickly over a couple of years makes little sense.

That has been true all along.

I agree that we do need 4 centre backs. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker won't be enough come the summer. I think there's a very good chance we let Dawson go now or in the summer, let Gallas go in the summer and then bring in someone new. If we get a good offer for Dawson that is.

From a financial standpoint having a 29 year old 4th choice centre back who is actually worth quite a bit of money in the market, but will lose that value quickly over a couple of years makes little sense.

Think Kaboul's return being delayed for another month will mean Dawson will be here til the summer.

Last edited:

Why should we sell him now? it would be utterly stupid.

Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker and Dawson competing for the 2 spots next season and we're good to go.

We could sell him because we are eyeing up a younger and better central defender and need to free up funds to buy them.

That's pretty much the only reason i'd sell him.

We could sell him because we are eyeing up a younger and better central defender and need to free up funds to buy them.

That's pretty much the only reason i'd sell him.

Vegard Forren, a young norwegian centre back, is in England for a medical according to norwegian press. They don't know at what club but spurs is one of the clubs mentioned. Look's a good prospect, best player in the Norwegian league last year (not that that means anything)

I don't want us to sell Dawson though, one of my favourites. He's one of those guys that look's like he just loves pulling on the spurs shirt.

Vegard Forren, a young norwegian centre back, is in England for a medical according to norwegian press. They don't know at what club but spurs is one of the clubs mentioned. Look's a good prospect, best player in the Norwegian league last year (not that that means anything)

I don't want us to sell Dawson though, one of my favourites. He's one of those guys that look's like he just loves pulling on the spurs shirt.

I know, he's a good lad, just pointing out that it wouldn't really be considered madness to think about selling.

With the news that Kaboul will continue to be out until at least February, highly unlikely we will sell any of our CBs.

Dawson will stay until summer at least, maybe longer considering AVB seems to like to use him against certain sides (Stoke, etc.)

Selling Dawson would be, imo, a terrible decision. AVB seems to have recognised his importance to the team. The idea of selling him or his career was over at WHL was one of early decisions that made me question AVB. I could not believe the fans on here who were willing to jettison a player of his calibre so easily in the summer.

Gallas should go not Dawson.... yet, maybe summer.

I would absolutely say Daws is staying until the summer at least...unless we need his money? doubt we do though as again, the difference-makers really aren't within our price range in jan...

It's gonna be most likely Fulham, mate

I would be livid if we sold Daws, but fortunately I think ABV has seen sense on that one.

if Dawson is willing to play second fiddle i say keep him.
he's more than capable and would be very useful as a tactical sub.
plus he is a nice guy and seems to be respected by players.

I would be livid if we sold Daws, but fortunately I think ABV has seen sense on that one.

He has been injury prone and it was a great offer from QPR in the summer. But he is Spurs to me. The only guy who I think has genuine feeling for the club. Our captain and our longest serving player.

Not his best game today, but still, just wanna say how much i love and respect him and how proud i am over that he is our captain. Could've been sold in the summer, stayed to fight for his place, benched, continued fighting and is now in the first 11 again. Like others have said. He is Spurs!

Back