• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mens fashion...

White cotton shirts are for school children or politicians.

Live a little guys. Add a bit of colour to your wardrobe.

White linen is acceptable on a sunny day

Just because you like children.

In all honesty theyre the best - The tie adds the colour. Also i dont work in a circus dude.

White is the best. I doubt a Duchamp shirt and tie combo would be appropriate for work - may give it a try tho. Bet I would get brickloads of hotties.

Just because you like children.

In all honesty theyre the best - The tie adds the colour. Also i dont work in a circus dude.

White is the best. I doubt a Duchamp shirt and tie combo would be appropriate for work - may give it a try tho. Bet I would get brickloads of hotties.

Well said Sir!!

Just because Southstand wants to dress up like a clown doesn't make it cool! :)

Love a thick cotton shirt with pastel tie...lovely

I have Austin Reed suits four of them but also have three French Connection suits for the crappy day job in the office. I wear them interchangeably though so not to wear them out. The Austin Reed suits are pricey but love em - they fit well, they breathe and look cool.

I have about 18 shirts but half of them are white - you just cannot go wrong with white. I also have pink and blue a couple of striped shirts etc. I have about 30 ties - I buy ties for fun.

I have spent a great deal on work clothes and its even more astonishing when some clients dress like fudgein tramps and im dressed to kill.

Ultimately as Leeds said it is the shirt and tie combos that really differ and make a suit look so fudgein different.
Always best to be impeccably dressed all the time rather than on the odd occasion. You never know when an opportunity arises that you need to snap up (get flirting with a hot girl on your lunch break)!

How much do you normally buy your ties for? I saw some killer silver/black ties in an episode of The Sopranos a few days ago, and now I must have them haha. I'm so bad with spending money on clothes.

I have spent a great deal on work clothes and its even more astonishing when some clients dress like fudgein tramps and im dressed to kill.

DHSF, don't you find that if you're dressed very differently to the client, it can actually intimidate them, and makes the working relationship even more difficult?

DHSF, don't you find that if you're dressed very differently to the client, it can actually intimidate them, and makes the working relationship even more difficult?
I was casually reading some articles on my tea break earlier and there was something about some people purposely not over-doing it with their attire in order to push through big deals.

Aren't the clothes just a façade? If you're a warm, welcoming individual then they shouldn't feel intimidated?

I was casually reading some articles on my tea break earlier and there was something about some people purposely not over-doing it with their attire in order to push through big deals.

Aren't the clothes just a façade? If you're a warm, welcoming individual then they shouldn't feel intimidated?

Your clothes, your demeanour, your hair, your handshake, etc are part of the first impression someone will form about you.

You'll have to do really well to reverse a first impression, no matter how likeable your personality.

Anyone got advice on shirts?

Decided I needed a new suit for an upcoming wedding as mine was basically trash, so got myself a nice Hugo boss suit and was happy to pay the money for that and the tailoring as it's something which should keep going for ages. I couldn't justify 80-100 quid for a single boss shirt though, despite the fact it looked fantastic.

Any similarly nice shirts out there for 30-40 quid?

TK Maxx :-$

Boateng for less than £40, Boss for around £20-30, Calvin Klein slim fits are decent if a little casual looking - they're about £20.

Good shout!

I'll check it out.

T M Lewin and Pink do nice ties.......got some Boss skinny ties as well.

I wear casual clothes in the office and then dress up when I go and see a client.

Good shout!

I'll check it out.

T M Lewin and Pink do nice ties.......got some Boss skinny ties as well.

I wear casual clothes in the office and then dress up when I go and see a client.

Same here. If I'm going to be out on our factory floor I'll wear cheap trousers (M&S or Jeff Banks) and a shirt, board meetings, customers etc get the suits. Makes all the good stuff last longer.

If you want some good ties, check out Westwood and McQueen at Bicester - those who know their fashion will recognise them.

The thing is it is our firm policy to dress smartly to clients. I have been 'told off' by a client before for having my top button undone once (it was when it was hitting 40 degrees three years back) whilst he was sitting wearing his fudgein Hawaiian shirt and ****ish shorts.

I really dont mind intimidating them because im there dealing with guys of 30 years experience and they tend to try to talk me down half the time as I am constrained by the fact that I dont wanna tinkle them off and lose their business. My size intimidates anyways. I have had snide comments like ' we pay you guys too much' or 'you gets are overpaid' - fudge them.

PLJ - I have a combination of TM Lewin, CT and some proper Duchamp ones (special occasions of course). I have a number of skinny ones too. There are some brilliant ties for like 20 quid from Debenhams whilst you can go anywhere online and get great ties for a tenner even.

Never thought of tk maxx, I've only been to one once but I'll see what I can find there too, cheers.

Never thought of tk maxx, I've only been to one once but I'll see what I can find there too, cheers.

brick I forgot.

I went to TK Maxx for the first time in about 10 years three weeks ago. Brought this brilliant William Hunt skinny tie for 16 pounds. I checked it online and it used to sell for 65 quid. fudgein bargain.

brickloads of stuff at TK Maxx.

It always pays to dress smartly, you dont need to be over the top but if you wear classic style clothes then you always have that casual style about you.

If in doubt of what to wear with a suit then you can never go wrong with a crisp white shirt, will always look decent.

I'm not a huge fan of striped shirts bar the odd design or those ones that are so think you can only notice up close. And as for those awful checked shirts, they look so dull 80s, really off putting when I go to a meeting and someone has one on.

I get a lot of my work shirts from Reiss, they are usually a decent thickness so they are still breathable and they have a lot of plain ones in decent colours and the mediums fit me perfectly. They are about £70/80 normally but in the sales they go down to around £50. Well worth having a look there if you want something of decent quality that isnt too expensive.

Lewin's 4 for £100 offers are good, the shirts dont last that long though but they do have some nice colours, styles though

Pink's are just a rip off full stop

Lewin's 4 for £100 offers are good, the shirts dont last that long though but they do have some nice colours, styles though

I went there on the recommendation of my girl a few days ago and i wasn't impressed tbh. They did have a large variaty of shirts but quality wise it wasn't as good as i thought it would be. The 4 for £100 offer is pretty decent though i guess but Next tailored shirts are £25 quid a pop and better quality imo so gave it a miss.

Yes, they are good shirts

Are you using a tumble drier by any chance?

I have about 8 Lewin shirts and the quality is excellent. They only seem to die if you put them in the tumble drier

I have a new rule now, that I only use the tumble drier for pants and socks. It is a destroyer of clothes

Yes, they are good shirts

Are you using a tumble drier by any chance?

I have about 8 Lewin shirts and the quality is excellent. They only seem to die if you put them in the tumble drier

I have a new rule now, that I only use the tumble drier for pants and socks. It is a destroyer of clothes

I get my shirts done at the cleaners, cba to wash and iron them myself

I get my shirts done at the cleaners, cba to wash and iron them myself

Don't mind washing shirt (well, the wife doesn't). But cba to iron the fudgers - sending ironing out for other people to do is far more life-changing than many would give it credit for.

Ever wanted to go to bed but needed to iron a shirt first? Or wanted 5 mins more in bed but can't because you have to rush and iron a shirt? Not for me.

Back