• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Or someone that will demand certain players to get his winning formula working, as seen at his previous teams.

We need a manager that is going to be grateful to be working at spurs, someone who won't demand much but still be happy to be on the chopping block if he doesn't get into the top four or other unrealistic demands.

Why go for proper managers in the first place? We are not trying to win things at this club.

Naivety, try and show we are a big club? Not sure but it just does not seem a good fit

Naivety, try and show we are a big club? Not sure but it just does not seem a good fit

That's all we are doing .. trying to show that we are a big club to keep the investors and sponsors happy. We have never pushed the boat out and never will.

Unfortunately money does talk and we are happy at what we are doing, so let's stop pretending to expect any titles under this ownership. If we get lucky then great. It's amazing how we have been passified and subdued into accepting a non winning mentality while paying premium prices.

Get a manager in that will appease the fans, not challenge levy and Co for backing to win titles, but enough not to get smashed week in week out.

Or someone that will demand certain players to get his winning formula working, as seen at his previous teams.

We need a manager that is going to be grateful to be working at spurs, someone who won't demand much but still be happy to be on the chopping block if he doesn't get into the top four or other unrealistic demands.

Why go for proper managers in the first place? We are not trying to win things at this club.

I think this is one of those situations where you can't talk in absolutes. Winning things is in a list of priorities. We are trying to win things but it won't come at the expense of our financial health. That's Levy's first priority. Spunking money on Mourinho and Conte is Levy trying to win things at an affordable cost because he's bringing in people who have a track record of winning and winning often. The things is, unless he's willing to spend on player fees and wages, no manager can do what he's expecting.

I honestly hope Poch - for his own sake - doesn't come back. Why should he given he would likely want similar to what Conte wants in terms of backing (even if his coaching approach would be different)? Him thinking Levy/The board would treat him differently to before to me would mean he undermines his authority form the start due to poor judgement

I honestly hope Poch - for his own sake - doesn't come back. Why should he given he would likely want similar to what Conte wants in terms of backing (even if his coaching approach would be different)? Him thinking Levy/The board would treat him differently to before to me would mean he undermines his authority form the start due to poor judgement

You're probably right and this is really heart ruling the head. I know it is and I'm still behind Conte but imagine the reception he'd get. Imagine the stadium filled with hope united behind Poch. It'd be beautiful...

Until we go 1 down after 5 minutes as Hugo throws in a poor Dier backpass...

This, exactly. We would not be getting the Poch of 7 or 8 years ago. We would be getting a proven 'big league' manager who will want players in the same way that Mourinho and Conte have. Heck, he was at that stage before he left last time, hence the extended huff before he was booted out. (And let's not forget 12 months of turgid football before he left too.)

People really are desperate when they are clinging to this idea imo. It would go wrong within months - much to the pleasure and amusement (once again) of the press and the fans of our rivals.

This, exactly. We would not be getting the Poch of 7 or 8 years ago. We would be getting a proven 'big league' manager who will want players in the same way that Mourinho and Conte have. Heck, he was at that stage before he left last time, hence the extended huff before he was booted out. (And let's not forget 12 months of turgid football before he left too.)

People really are desperate when they are clinging to this idea imo. It would go wrong within months - much to the pleasure and amusement (once again) of the press and the fans of our rivals.

Would you prefer young Poch then? Say Gallardo?

Would you prefer young Poch then? Say Gallardo?

I’d be desperate for it to work for Poch. Like everyone else here, I loved the bloke. I just think it’s too soon for a return. I think the press will be all over it, waiting for the first wobble. I think there are still players here that he was close to, and that’s a complicating factor. I can see it working in another five or six years, but not now.

So, yeah, I’d prefer another version of young Poch (although I know nothing about Gallardo tbh).

My preference is still for Conte to commit and for us to back him. My biggest worry - and what I think will happen - is we limp on as we are until the summer and Conte goes then by mutual consent. At that point I’d put my mortgage on Levy bringing Poch back. It’ll be all about appeasing the fans and more short-term thinking.

I’d be desperate for it to work for Poch. Like everyone else here, I loved the bloke. I just think it’s too soon for a return. I think the press will be all over it, waiting for the first wobble. I think there are still players here that he was close to, and that’s a complicating factor. I can see it working in another five or six years, but not now.

So, yeah, I’d prefer another version of young Poch (although I know nothing about Gallardo tbh).

My preference is still for Conte to commit and for us to back him. My biggest worry - and what I think will happen - is we limp on as we are until the summer and Conte goes then by mutual consent. At that point I’d put my mortgage on Levy bringing Poch back. It’ll be all about appeasing the fans and more short-term thinking.

If we leave it till the summer though, Poch could be at Chelsea and we'd be picking between Potter and Rodgers.

If we leave it till the summer though, Poch could be at Chelsea and we'd be picking between Potter and Rodgers.

Yeah, agreed. The board need to talk to him this week and it needs thrashed out now. He either signs a contract (which means nothing but shows a level of commitment that both players and fans can buy into) or he goes imo.

(If it’s Rogers next I’ll be taking some time out from serious supporting. The bloke is a charlatan.)

You're probably right and this is really heart ruling the head. I know it is and I'm still behind Conte but imagine the reception he'd get. Imagine the stadium filled with hope united behind Poch. It'd be beautiful...

Until we go 1 down after 5 minutes as Hugo throws in a poor Dier backpass...

And on that mark the same suspects will be moaning about some of the players, Levy etc. As usual.

A question. If conte had a team of lloris, walker, jan, dier, toby, rose, wanyama, dembele, eriksen, son and kane all in their prime. Where do you think he'd finish in the league?

If he was playing 1 game a week he'd have a good chance of winning the league...

What point are you trying to make - That a seasoned 'elite' manager like Conte might win the league with a team the comparatively inexperienced Poch, only finished 2nd with?

Last edited:
A question. If conte had a team of lloris, walker, jan, dier, toby, rose, wanyama, dembele, eriksen, son and kane all in their prime. Where do you think he'd finish in the league?
Forgetting peak Dele Alli?
Conte didn't seem to want Eriksen this time around.

I don't think coming back is a good idea but Poch did improve players here and at SCBC who have failed to deliver elsewhere.

Maybe coaches who need a minimum standard of ability and experience need Chelsea budget to succeed, but coaches who need belief and commitment need a strategic pool of young players with reduced expectations and patience.

so maybe why Potter isn't working at Chelsea Conte and Mourinho haven't topped Poch here...

Back